PDA

View Full Version : Spring All Around Me

Marilyn Anne
03-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Everything is blooming. All the flowering trees, bulbs and forsythia are blooming. Inspiration for me to paint and make cards.

vandra
03-28-2015, 07:21 PM
They are all very beautiful paintings. I don't know which one is my favorite. A beautiful Easter card too.

Caesar
03-30-2015, 08:15 PM
Fine spring cards; very ornamental.
If I may share some considerations, I notice You seem to mix more or less white to all Your colors, probably to tone down a little the most saturated colors or get lighter tones. However I find that adding white may be risky, to some extent, since it would, in some cases, weaken too much the chroma, increase opacity, provide a milky look and reduce transparency, therefore affecting some flowers rendering effects.

Marilyn Anne
03-31-2015, 10:34 PM
I appreciate the suggestions. I actually repainted the red tulip painting and it was quite interesting to see the difference.

Caesar
04-01-2015, 01:35 AM
I appreciate the suggestions. I actually repainted the red tulip painting and it was quite interesting to see the difference.

That's the magic with artRage, dear MA! I often do the same and make some major departure from how I usually approach and proceed in a painting and often got some inetresting and surprising outcome or discovered useful lessons while You don't have to worry to spoil a painting because of the undo feature and the separation of layers.

gxhpainter2
04-01-2015, 08:27 AM
all wonderful, and Caesar's suggestions are right on, and offered as a gentle help to further your excellent flower paintings :):):):cool::cool: