PDA

View Full Version : Soot & Smoke - Along the Waterfront

gxhpainter2
03-21-2015, 06:50 AM
I am been wanting to explore the use of gray and black, hard lines and textures for some time but always seem to splash some bright color into whatever I am working on, so I hope you can appreciate the restraint I used in this one... the inspiration was watching some movies that take place along the waterfront in old warehouse districts, with lots of soot and grime and character...

pat1940
03-21-2015, 07:05 AM
My, my dear Gary, yes what restraint for you lol, definitely you succeeded in what you wanted to accomplish, great job

D Akey
03-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Always workin' the angles down at the docks what with their strong unions and all. Okay, so I've been marathon watching The Sopranos. I coulda been a contender, Johnny. . . but fugget about it. . .

I see this as floating motes in a druid's eye. . . a Cubistic hendge.

Intriguing and evocative. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

justjean
03-21-2015, 12:36 PM
I do like the use of those none colours, Gary :):)

kenmo
03-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Love the look and style of this Gary...always a pleasure to view your works of art!!!:cool::cool::cool:

scribbledsoul
03-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Love the geometry here! :D

~Scribbles

vandra
03-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Gosh lots of detail. I love the effect.

Bobbi
03-22-2015, 04:58 AM
I like this painting a lot. Keep experimenting. Sometimes going outside the usual results in exciting pieces such as this creation. Good stuff.

gxhpainter2
03-22-2015, 05:53 AM
I do like the use of those none colours, Gary :):) thanks justjean, it was a persona stretch for me but I feel like exploring along this path a bit longer.

Love the look and style of this Gary...always a pleasure to view your works of art!!!:cool::cool::cool: thanks Kenmo! :cool::cool::cool::):):)

Love the geometry here! :D

~Scribbles thanks Scribbles! I liked the mix of gritty texture with the geometry . :):):)

Gosh lots of detail. I love the effect. thank you vandra. :):):)

I like this painting a lot. Keep experimenting. Sometimes going outside the usual results in exciting pieces such as this creation. Good stuff. thanks for the encouragement Bobbi..:):):)

Caesar
03-24-2015, 09:51 PM
This is quite departure for You in a way, much more graphical and sculptural than Your usual textural and colorful composition, but it's particularly impressive and interesting, probably because it goes somehow into our perceptive essence ...