PDA

View Full Version : Monument Valley

gxhpainter2
03-16-2015, 08:10 AM
an American southwestern inspiration...

vandra
03-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Wow, beautiful vibrant colours and I love the texture.

Caesar
03-16-2015, 09:53 PM
It really conveys the landscape, but also somehow the etnographic signature of the place. Another intricate marvel of yours!

Marilyn Anne
03-17-2015, 01:48 AM
The shapes are reminders of monument valley but the textures make me think of woven fabrics. The colorful cloth that you see in the western area. Creative work on a loom. Handmade rugs rolled up to sell. Even the threads to repair and add . Like a collage of the scenery and culture.

gxhpainter2
03-17-2015, 05:45 AM
Wow, beautiful vibrant colours and I love the texture.thanks for commenting Vandra, always appreciated.

It really conveys the landscape, but also somehow the etnographic signature of the place. Another intricate marvel of yours! Hi Caesar, thanks for stopping by I was as Marilyn Anne points out collapse the human and geologic fabric of a place into a single expression.

The shapes are reminders of monument valley but the textures make me think of woven fabrics. The colorful cloth that you see in the western area. Creative work on a loom. Handmade rugs rolled up to sell. Even the threads to repair and add . Like a collage of the scenery and culture. Thanks I was aiming to make that kind of collage yet keep it expressive and loose.

pat1940
03-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Gary love the texture here and the colors, a perfect title for this painting

justjean
03-17-2015, 04:36 PM
Wonderful strokes, colours and textures , Gary

D Akey
03-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Awesome. I look at this and the title leads me and I get what you were after. Very strong. But I also get the shape of a llama on the right at sunset or sunrise. Love the fiddly lines. Makes for a nice bundle of yarn on a crazy loom. Go man go! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Maybe even a merry-go-round carousel horse thingy. Also very possible in my mind's eye springboarding off this.

gxhpainter2
03-19-2015, 06:30 AM
Awesome. I look at this and the title leads me and I get what you were after. Very strong. But I also get the shape of a llama on the right at sunset or sunrise. Love the fiddly lines. Makes for a nice bundle of yarn on a crazy loom. Go man go! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Maybe even a merry-go-round carousel horse thingy. Also very possible in my mind's eye springboarding off this. thanks D Akey... like your description of the fiddly lines... well put!..

gxhpainter2
03-19-2015, 06:31 AM
Wonderful strokes, colours and textures , Gary thanks justjean

Gary love the texture here and the colors, a perfect title for this painting thanks Pat I was trending back into desert colors again.