PDA

View Full Version : High

Peter Pinckney
03-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Haven't been around much lately.........................

gxhpainter2
03-15-2015, 06:34 AM
Hi Peter, nice to see you drop by again, I haven't been around much myself. I have been busy regenerating getting new ideas and experimenting... how about you?

Orkhan
03-15-2015, 11:02 AM
Such nice set... i like it very much, gets me into a sense of exe-tempora, that supended timeframe when everything seems to just...be

fraser_paice
03-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Love the palette and the looser style mate.

Peter Pinckney
03-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Hi Peter, nice to see you drop by again, I haven't been around much myself. I have been busy regenerating getting new ideas and experimenting... how about you?

Thanks my friend......................I've been busy degenerating............wrapped up with legal crap and not helping myself to continue growing...............so I said to myself f**k it.......get on with life.

Peter Pinckney
03-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Such nice set... i like it very much, gets me into a sense of exe-tempora, that supended timeframe when everything seems to just...be

Thanks to you too friend...................I've been getting that feeling myself a lot lately................glad you liked it.

Peter Pinckney
03-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Love the palette and the looser style mate.

Thanks Neil..................the palette is frustration and the style is anger which is always loose!

vandra
03-16-2015, 05:47 PM
I really l ike the subtle colours and it certainly gives one the feeling of being on top of the world :)

Caesar
03-16-2015, 11:12 PM
You seem to paint space, but You probably paint time and memory here .... Marvellous.

Peter Pinckney
03-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Vandra thank you for your appreciation!

Caesar my old friend you are so right about time and memory. Thank you.

pat1940
03-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Good to see you Peter, and you are flying high with this wonderful painting

pai
03-18-2015, 07:26 PM
It's been long time I see your sky and cloud painting, Peter. This one no exception. Beautifully painted. Love the atmosphere from this color palette. :)

D Akey
03-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Turbulent and moody. I love the expressive character of the scene, the colors and values and the brush strokes. Well done Pete!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

coops
03-19-2015, 03:19 AM
Your skies are always something so very special Peter:)

DarkOwnt
03-19-2015, 07:13 AM
I see that the sky echoes in the land, both in general shape and specific rhythms. Was this purposeful?

Is this a dialogue between Earth and Sky or it is that they simply have the same source: like brothers they must be different and yet the same?

Or is the dark grey bank of clouds like a high distant land, an ideal, but out of reach, up-high like the sky... perhaps a stepping stone to the timeless or simply a reverberation of the grounded.

This is one of the most interested pieces I have seen on the ArtRage forums... do you have others to share?

Peter Pinckney
03-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Thank you Pat:)

And you Pai...........thank you:)

Thanks to you also DA......................your opinion is always highly valued...............:)

Dear Coops.................happy to see your comments..............a big thanks Love....:)

@DarkOwnt
to take your comments one by one:

DarkOwnt

"I see that the sky echoes in the land, both in general shape and specific rhythms. Was this purposeful?"

I paint from my imagination (I have tried using reference pictures but I am incapable of working that way!)

"Is this a dialogue between Earth and Sky or it is that they simply have the same source: like brothers they must be different and yet the same?

Or is the dark grey bank of clouds like a high distant land, an ideal, but out of reach, up-high like the sky... perhaps a stepping stone to the timeless or simply a reverberation of the grounded."

In response to these observations I can only say that I'm happy that you see what you see.................................:)

As to your final point I must have posted hundreds of images since joining in 2006 and once posted I forget them........................but your appreciation is really well received for my part.:):):):):):):):):):)Thank you!