PDA

View Full Version : i just read about Albert Root R I P

Rondo
03-12-2015, 06:59 AM
was just on FB and i read there that Albert Root passed away;( R I P
ALbert was the founder of the FB Artrage page

D Akey
03-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Just heard myself. I wondered what happened to him. So he went to FaceBook then. Quite a legacy to have founded the page.

I was trying to recall what he called himself when he was first on this site before he became ScreenPainter.

Anyway, Albert seemed passionate about many things. Rest In Peace, friend, and bon voyage.

------
Found it -- gzairborne was what he went by in these forums before he changed to screenpainter. . . not that it matters to anyone but me, but there ya go.

justjean
03-12-2015, 01:05 PM
RIP, Albert

Victor Osaka
03-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Wow, what happened? Very sad.

hildee
03-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Screenpainter! Sad when people die. Yeah it's a part of life but I always think why.

Rowena
03-12-2015, 08:32 PM
I was extremely fond of Albert!!!... better known to me as Gz. :cool:

May he rest in peace. I wish I knew a little more about him now... like where he came from, where he lived, who he was etc. Anyway, I remember he made some fine paintings - so he was a real artist.

RIP Albert Root.

PS I haven't been around myself for ages. I was alerted by phishing attempts to get into my account.
I've been seriously getting back into real media again. Still love this software, and miss the nice forum. Must find some time to participate once again soon...

Best
Rowena

fraser_paice
03-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Albert was one of the people who made this place so welcoming when I first started coming here, it's sad news.

Orkhan
03-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Dear friends... sad is for those who remain,for the ones who leave us is a different story, a new adventure. Now Screenpainter has his divine tilt recognition, may his efforts be inspiration for us all.

AndreaMG
03-12-2015, 11:22 PM
Rest in peace

Caesar
03-13-2015, 07:20 AM
GZ, Screenpainter, Albert, however we knew him, he was such a great guy and mate in here! That's really a new I would have not liked to read or hear! It's an heartbreaking one indeed. Such a warm, artful personality and dearest friend from the very beginning in here! It's an unexpected, depressing surprise, since he wasn't that old so I cannot even guess how it ever happened.

Dear friend, I remember I was so proud in my early days here to learn that You appreciated my funny portrait of You, which I dare to attach here with a tear of mine and draped in the mourning of us all.
I pray for You and wish You a peaceful rest and a joyful stay in Heaven, buddy, and may You paint forever your marvellous creations where you are now!

Peter Pinckney
03-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Albert was one of the people who made this place so welcoming when I first started coming here, it's sad news.

Like Neil I want to say Thanks Albert for your welcome,friendship and encouragement over the years.

See you next time around Friend.

Bobbyray
03-13-2015, 10:35 AM
Albert will always be remembered. He was a great guy and artist. Not to mention his assistance with ArtrageUS Magazine. He will be missed!

Saphire
03-13-2015, 01:32 PM
So sad to hear this news.
He was a gentleman who welcomed everyone who joined including myself, RIP Albert we will miss you.

RobertSWade
03-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Neil Paice informed me yesterday that Albert had died. The world is a lesser place without him. GZAirborne was his original screen-name here; he told me that the GZ stood for Ground Zero. He lived near Seattle,Washington and is survived by his wife and, I believe, two daughters. He was a loving and proud family man in all ways. I know that these forums and this community brought much pleasure to his far too short life. He was always welcoming towards new members and always encouraging towards all. He will live on in my memory and I will always be proud that he was my friend. My heart hurts.

damasocl
03-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Querido Albert:
Un fraterno saludo ahora que nos has dejado...
Tu legado artístico sobrevive...
Descansa en Paz.

pai
03-14-2015, 07:56 PM
GzAirborne was the name he first used when he joined the forum almost the same time when I joined. He always so encouraging to my doodles as well as remembering his awesome abstract arts and portraits too. Rest in peace, GZ.

gxhpainter2
03-15-2015, 06:30 AM
Wow, what sad news, Albert was a very good forum mate and we exchanged many PM's over the years and even kept in contact outside the forum. I think he was one of the most talented and generous people I have met here, he was a good friend and encouraged everyone. He will be treasured and missed.

coops
03-19-2015, 03:29 AM
Such sad news, he will really be missed

scribbledsoul
03-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Rest in peace and God bless those that he left behind! Praying for his family and friends.

Jono
03-28-2015, 01:22 AM
Sad to hear this news. Forums are by their nature virtual communities where members naturally come and go as people's lives and interests evolve and change. News like this painfully pierce through into the real world.

My artistic focus is elsewhere at the moment so I’m not around here that much, but it’s really good to see some familiar names. I too received kind encouragement from Albert which I shan't forget. It made all the difference when I was taking my first tentative steps with ArtRage.

RIP Albert.

Lima
03-29-2015, 09:50 AM
No doubt , Gzair was a very intelligent and friendly person. Sensitive and great connoisseur of the visual arts. I was always impressed with his insightful feedbacks and friendly words… he was very generous in sharing his expertise. I have learned a lot of things from him.

It is a sadness to know this news. My deepest condolences to his family.

click the link to view a small compilation , a tribute to Gzair’s great art, posted by me in an off line rageforum.

http://files.proartes.webnode.com.pt/200000627-e2d1ee3cc4/GZ.swf

D Akey
03-30-2015, 05:23 AM
No doubt , Gzair was a very intelligent and friendly person. Sensitive and great connoisseur of the visual arts. I was always impressed with his insightful feedbacks and friendly words… he was very generous in sharing his expertise. I have learned a lot of things from him.

It is a sadness to know this news. My deepest condolences to his family.

click the link to view a small compilation , a tribute to Gzair’s great art, posted by me in an off line rageforum.

http://files.proartes.webnode.com.pt/200000627-e2d1ee3cc4/GZ.swf

Dr. Lima! So good to see you gracing the halls of ArtRage once again, and with such a brilliant slideshow for which you were getting so well known and appreciated.

I honestly had no idea that GZ had such a vast range. And he was really good at them too. Setting the slide show to music really lends a wonderful performance aspect, and suggests a certain "tracks of the journey" kind of feel. I certainly hope he felt successful as an artist, because his work was really good.

It's a wonderful tribute, one of your many honoring various artists along the way. I hope others might see what a gift it is to everyone. Being an artist is certainly a lot more than just being able to paint well. And I've always appreciated both your paintings in the sense of camaraderie that you brought and bring with you. It reminds me of the old days in the forums of which GZ was certainly a significant part.

Hope your paintings are going well. Stay fit.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
03-30-2015, 05:38 AM
Dr Lima, what a wonderful compilation of Albert's talented works, he had such a range and the most sophisticated and wonderful color sense I have seen in any one person...

Caesar
03-30-2015, 09:57 PM
I made exactly the same choice of painting that my dear friend Oriane Lima here in the other relevant commemorative thread I would point to herebelow as an intergral part of this one:
http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?48965-Albert-Root-Commemorative-Feature
I would join to thank Oriane (the famous Moara ArtRage museum starter Katie-Coops so wonderfully and artistically serviced then for years) also for his moving video-gallery of Gzairborne (as we knew him then) as well. We won't cease to admire and keep affectionate our friend Albert who, I firmly believe, just forded the river to a new land and to green prairies where he can see and enjoy also the unseen and quench his thirst for beauty and love.

coops
03-31-2015, 05:43 AM
Hello hello hello dear Oriane, so good to see you and I do hope you are keeping well. Thank you so much for the gallery you have put in here of GZ's painting, so many to see and so wonderful to see.:)

Juz
03-31-2015, 06:07 AM
I'm terribly saddened to hear this news.
Albert was one of the shining lights here in so many ways.
Always quick with a kind word of encouragement, always so humble about his own enormous talent.
I will really miss you Albert this place just wont be the same without you :(

Fashmir
04-01-2015, 08:15 AM
I just read of Albert's passing this morning. I have been all but absent for a while now, but as a person who uses AR every day, I still feel a deeply rooted connection with this community. Most of the 'new' people (anybody after about 2009) will likely not even know me. Still, this is the warmest community I have encountered on the internet and Albert was a great part of that warmth. May he echo here.

Aunt_Betsy
04-15-2015, 07:40 AM
I'm so sad to read about Albert's passing. He was so very encouraging to me. It sounds like he was a great encouragement to many here. He will be sorely missed.

Victor Osaka
04-16-2015, 06:21 PM
It is good to know that his family was with him to the last breath. He was held and loved by those whom he loved the most. That's all anyone can ask for really. Yes, rest in peace Albert Root a friend to us all.

byroncallas
04-29-2015, 07:59 AM
I am so saddened to hear this morning of Albert's passing. For a number of years we shared so many wonderful exchanges in this forum. Albert was consistently, always, warm, inviting, considerate, smart, a bright light constructively engaged with his compatriots here. His artwork was suburb. Lima's tribute compilation is moving, somehow capturing the heart of a wonderful soul who will be sorely missed by those who loved him. Rest in peace Albert. Thank you for having always been an inspiration and caring friend.

And, thank you Lima for the moving, beautiful, tribute and compilation.

-- Love to all my old friends here. Byron

Illusiets
05-28-2015, 01:45 PM
I just heard the sad news of Albert's passing. it must've been about 6 years since I last visited the forums. I do have some great arty memories of it, and Albert is one of these.
Thank you for making the forums such a great place, and for being an inspiration and motivation, you will be missed Albert. Rest in peace.

a portrait of me, by Albert Root.

shirly
07-11-2015, 06:06 AM
Dear Lord... I logged in after 8 years and I cannot believe what I just read. ... :( GZ. RIP :(
My first friend on artrage forums, I'll miss you Albert.

:( :(