PDA

View Full Version : the worker

Albert
02-13-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm happy the way this turned out. ;)

D Akey
02-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Clearly, the subtext reads: "Workers of the world, unite!"

Nice period look in the early years of the Industrial Revolution. :):):):):)

There's a documentary series called "The Shock of the New" and it dealt with all the sudden changes that were suddenly in existence and how it related to what was going on in the world, how one thing influenced another and a heavy focus on industry, art and design and their relationship. Great series. You might like it. Seems its available for free now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ne7Udaetg

hildee
02-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Good one, Albert. Simple and to the point. I can even see (though it may not have been intended) some pain on the worker's face.

Albert
02-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Clearly, the subtext reads: "Workers of the world, unite!" Exactly............. That youtube is the sort of stuff I used to watch when I used to watch TV many years ago.

Albert
02-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Good one, Albert. Simple and to the point. I can even see (though it may not have been intended) some pain on the worker's face. That's why I called it ...the worker..... workers experience pain.

Caesar
02-14-2015, 12:03 AM
Very interesting! A late Picasso going back to merge with his starting drawing and with his cubist phase styles or a grown Mir˛ going elegantly in black and white. :cool:
With some humor it may even look as a modern representation of Pulcinella, if you know who I mean ... otherwise look herebelow. :o;)

Albert
02-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Very interesting! A late Picasso Thanks.... I have to rethink about all the old masters. The internet has changed everything with the digital age. :cool:

Bobbi
02-15-2015, 03:32 AM
You certainly should be happy at how this turned out. It is simplistic but it does draw the eye to see it and look at it.

Albert
02-15-2015, 11:35 AM
You certainly should be happy at how this turned out. It is simplistic but it does draw the eye to see it and look at it.Thanks very much....I'm happy you can see it as I do.:rolleyes:

Rachelle
02-15-2015, 07:01 PM
:) Greetings Albert :)

I'm fascinated at how much expression you achieve on such a minimalist fragmented face. I see pain, I can almost "hear" the subject gulping from discomfort. This face is like a big bold black&white dismay smiley. Very effective at that. Beautifully.

This really reminds me of Mirˇ, too. And I love Mirˇ's work.

Albert
02-16-2015, 12:13 PM
:) Greetings Albert :)

I'm fascinated at how much expression you achieve on such a minimalist fragmented face. I see pain, I can almost "hear" the subject gulping from discomfort. This face is like a big bold black&white dismay smiley. Very effective at that. Beautifully.

This really reminds me of Mirˇ, too. And I love Mirˇ's work. Thanks heaps Rachelle. I was inspired to do this by another artist I met just 8 weeks ago. He's a 26 yo genius. Anyhow I love Mirˇ's work too. Have you thought of adding some of your art work to your forum gallery?

Rachelle
02-17-2015, 09:22 AM
:) Albert :)
Interesting, this inspiration from this artistic genius you've met. :)

Yes I've been planning on adding to my Rachelle's gallery thread; I was just very busy doing new art, and focussing it on the theme of "Color and Texture" for a Challenge co-partnered with ArtRage and TheArtOrder. The entries for that Challenge have to be new unpublished art only, so I held up on posting my art here while I was developping many pieces, until my final selection for the Challenge was entered. Now it's done, so I will be posting other pieces I did, as soon as I catch my breath, lol. I did post my entry piece in my thread already.

:) cheers to abstract! :)