PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer...

Henry Stahle
02-10-2015, 07:14 AM

I am still working on my Kindle Picture Book Project. I am slow and very careful about my Pictures to give them exactly the right feeling and look. Motif, compostition, colours, texture, brush, typeface, text... everything matters much to me. Because of that I am slow. But, after all, I am supposed to be satisfied (and maybe proud) with my work after publishing. This picture is page one.

D Akey
02-10-2015, 10:30 AM
I take that to mean "when they lived in the innocence of childhood" or "through the kind fog of memory".

A great idea. Very clean technique, which of course plays very well when everything is perfect. Good job. Best wishes for your book. :):):):):)

Caesar
02-10-2015, 10:05 PM
What a relaxing start for a fable! That's what I would like to listen to by going to sleep.;):o

Henry Stahle
02-10-2015, 10:35 PM
The plot is a folk tale about the Little One defeating the Big One, like in most folk tales. So the bright beginning quickly becomes darker and darker until the sudden end, where the Little One defeats the Big One. Not by force, but by being quick in both body and mind. This second Picture introduces the conflict in the plot. In Picture 3...the story starts evolving showing the dark and dangerous force ... until the last pictures, where there is a happy ending. Where the Little One makes everything right.

Since this is a Kindle Picture Book ages 6-8 or 9-12, the illustrations have to be carefully designed since the page size is limited and the text has to be big enough on screen. That is why I keep a "Clean and Simple" layout.

Caesar
02-11-2015, 02:09 AM
You've got all my admiration, dear mate! It certainly sounds as an enthralling story for both babies and parents. I immediately sat down comfotrtably to listen to the story and waiting fro the giant to appear ...LOL:o;)

kenmo
02-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Love what you have presented here. Looks to me promising. I hope you have an awesome seller....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

vandra
02-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Awesome. Good Luck with your book!