PDA

View Full Version : Drawing while waiting

Ahti Kallio
02-02-2015, 09:23 AM
I promised a friend that I would start to show my personal works this year :)
This was made all with Artrage's airbrush.

I hope you like it, any comments are welcome.

Le prometí a una amiga que empezaría a enseñar mis dibujos personales, así que empiezo por este.
Está hecho íntegramente con el aerógrafo de Artrage.

Espero que os guste, cualquier comentario es bienvenido.

"She was drawing on a paper while waiting for her food at a japanese restaurant"
"Ella dibujaba mientras le traían la comida en un restaurante japonés"

Leasaurus
02-02-2015, 10:45 AM
This is awesome! I love the texture on her sweater.

Marilyn Anne
02-02-2015, 11:09 AM
The softness adds so much to the painting.

Enug
02-02-2015, 07:08 PM
As well as the texture on her clothing, the detail on her hand, pen and paper is really amazing.

Ahti Kallio
02-03-2015, 02:54 AM
Thank you very much for your comments :)

Albert
02-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Very good work. :cool:

Ahti Kallio
02-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)

I started the drawing on a small paper size and can't add as many details as I wanted.
Didn't use reference photos, it's all from scratch.

A few close-ups.

D Akey
02-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Nice close up of the sweater and all the rest. Feels right.
Nice painting overall, but looking at it I keep turning my head to see if the waiter's coming with that order. ;):):):):):)
Nice slice-of-life picture of a girl who appears quite content to live inwardly. Seems your avatar character is like her social life, maybe even a sort of Totoro character?

Uncle Goose
02-05-2015, 12:56 AM
The hair is wonderful and the sweater looks cozy. Great job!

Rachelle
02-05-2015, 05:43 PM
:) Ahti Kallio :)

This is so perfect and beautiful!

I love the lighting, the atmosphere... your attention to details, yet in a clean uncluttered composition... all very effective!

I can feel the temperature outside the building as well as inside where Lara is sitting. I want to go talk to her and know what she is thinking, I want to be her friend :)

Just like in a very good book or movie, we identify with the protagonist... Bravo for your magic! :D:D:D:D:D

Ahti Kallio
02-07-2015, 11:09 AM
[Sorry for my english]

Thank you for all your comments , I'm very happy you like it :)

:D D Akey , food finally came, and it was delicious.
The robot is... me, I always draw my self as a robot. I wanted to be on the picture, because I was there, but she deserves all the attention, she is the beautiful one ;D, so I think an Ahti Kallio's knit doll may be a cute way, and a kind of signature (and now my avatar) :)

:D Uncle Goose, thanks :)

:o Rachelle, thank you for your beautiful comments. First of all I realized that I didn't write the name of the girl in any of my posts, so I was wondering how you know it :eek: (ahhh, the filenames...) :_D

byroncallas
05-02-2015, 04:54 PM
What a wonderful piece of work. The whole thing just works. Love it.