PDA

View Full Version : Drskmishra

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

D Akey
05-12-2020, 07:35 AM
If one is locked down and stiffening up, I strongly advise that you switch to "dancing shoes" and free your soul. Put on two and call me in the morning.

Drskmishra
05-12-2020, 01:50 PM
:D hahaha, I guess you are right sir! The lockdown is almost two months now and still it looks far from over. Have been doing eConsultations through a govt run telemedicine portal, and hoping that someday everything will be normal.

Drskmishra
05-17-2020, 05:00 AM
Have tried to do the rocks, bushes and a stream with appropriate shadows and reflections. And of course a couple lazing on the bank, any good? Seek suggestions from all please.

D Akey
05-18-2020, 09:27 AM
Looks great to me! If we're been told to shelter in place, this seems like a great spot to do it.

Love all the stuff going on. Nice brushwork. Good colors, etc.

Well done.

Drskmishra
05-18-2020, 02:34 PM
Thanks sir! These grey rocks are typical of my locality, alonwith green forests. Beautiful climate all round the year, I'm fortunate that way!

Drskmishra
05-19-2020, 02:51 AM
View from aircraft before landing, always found it fascinating. The field, green patches, small houses, a pond and a river making its way through, all disappearing in distance ahead. Any good?

D Akey
05-19-2020, 05:22 PM
This one is really a great look at your dividing the canvas up into sections and painting with careful color mixing. Plus, it holds a very good representation of space and how the land lays. I like it very much. I feel like I should be looking for a place to land. Really nice how you straddle two worlds: the painterly and the subject being depicted.

You should be well pleased with this.

Drskmishra
05-20-2020, 02:58 AM
Oh, thanks so much sir! I just experimented and seems it worked. Great encouragement for me, thanks again, sir!

Drskmishra
05-23-2020, 03:00 AM
Painted them, as these have been literally MASKED by corona virus in present times! Any good? Suggestions from all please.

D Akey
05-23-2020, 04:59 AM
Generally good. You're getting better on your ellipses. Still not perfect, but it's not too bad seeing the painterly quality of the overall style. That gives you some wiggle room.

Be that as it may, the painting is pretty nice actually. I'm not crazy about the one on its side with the bluish base. I would put a little shadow to the right of it just to keep it anchored and identify the proximity to the ground plane. Even if it didn't show anything in the photo reference, you have to invent things to make it read well whereas few people would question a photograph unless it was really weird. Now it looks like it's floating so a little shadow would help. Plus the structural shape of that item is getting a little lost.

I just noticed upon second look that there seems to be an item on its side between the two vertical ones. It's supposed to be leaning away and down. But where you put the shadow on the backdrop doesn't seem to give it enough space. The backing looks very close to the lipstick so it doesn't seem to have space for the angle you have it at. Am I missing something?

Overall, I'm impressed with how you make the cylindrical shapes work. Very good that. Also you're getting a sort of metallic or plastic feel to the holders with your painterly approach and that's a very good sign that you're expanding your visual vocabulary in this style.

Good stuff.

Drskmishra
05-23-2020, 05:22 AM
Thanks sir, for expaining all the fine points! The floating one did need anchoring, but i thought the bright light from the side would cover it. Also i tried to visualise an end on view for it, big on front and gradually narrowing backwards, but I guess I have to practise it more. There was no reference photo, I just sketched them all first, but I needed to have shadows in place right then perhaps. Thanks again sir!

Drskmishra
05-31-2020, 07:29 PM
Learning to do shadows, done this countryside with some vegetations and people whiling away time doing nothing! Perhaps some bullockcarts would have added to the story, but lost patience! Any suggestions?

D Akey
06-01-2020, 05:46 AM
Really great brushwork and paint mixing. Exciting.

I think the inconsistent part is the palms. I don't know that the trees actually look like where you are, but I would recommend that you at least in part make them more shaped and less stringy. It would be more consistent with the rest of the painting. Right now the way you painted them stands apart and draws attention to a weaker part of the painting, almost like you got derailed in your sensibility that you so consistently worked in the other areas.

I love the sand. Love the vegetation (other than the palms), love the sky, the building in the distance. All that is really great. I especially love how you've accented the color to add spice to the areas with slight variations. I can wander though the canvas and linger in places, delighted with the craft.

I'm also not real sure about figures in the picture. They may be figures, they may be the scruffy bark that falls around palm trees.

Would behoove you to practice a little how to translate various objects into the style of whatever painting you're doing so everything shares the same vision -- just to complete the mastery. These are getting into the excellent category, so you want to make every mark excellent.

I'm impressed at how far you've come. Something clicked along the way and you're on a higher plateau.

Drskmishra
06-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Thanks for all the minute observations sir. The palm trees look bigger and have crowded the canvas, I agree. Human figures are random, but some more of them could have been added, doing different things. Perhaps I was concentrating more on sand and shadows. All you points are well taken sir, l shall try to improve on all of them, thanks again sir!

Drskmishra
06-02-2020, 05:07 AM
My city sees end of lockdown today, with lots of conditions attached! So i have tried to depict it through this traffic light going green and the bird atop signifying hope. I blurred the buildings behind deliberately to make the light prominent. Any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.

Enug
06-02-2020, 07:51 PM
I'm not qualified to give suggestions but I do like the painting and can appreciate the symbolisom. Fortunately, we did not have to endure lockdown but our State borders are still closed.

Drskmishra
06-02-2020, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your kind words!

Somerset
06-03-2020, 03:44 AM
Hi you Artists, Hello Drskmishra!

I like this painting too. Verry interesting contrast between the rough painting in the foreground and the blurred background. But I have to confess, that I wouldn't have interpreted the bird as a sign of hope, without your explaination. Even the upright posture of the bird may seem to suggest something like that, but it looks a little more like a crow or another scavening bird. So it's a much darker symbol to me. Anyway, it makes sense.

Drskmishra
06-03-2020, 01:01 PM
Thanks so much for finding my work worth having a look! I just wanted to show that the desolate streets would now slowly come to life. Thanks again!

Somerset
06-03-2020, 10:10 PM
That's absolutely okay. As I said: I really like it. Just wanted to show up a little different point of view, that might be just my personal one.

Drskmishra
06-04-2020, 05:47 AM
Thanks so much, for me every opinion\ suggestion is important, and I always look forward to them! Thanks again!

D Akey
06-05-2020, 04:15 AM
Taking on a technical challenge with the odd elliptical shapes for the shade tube in front of each light. The green looks luminous. Putting a background out of focus is always effective. Certainly puts the attention on the in-focus part of the pic.

I love the idea of returning to daily life.

A technical suggestion would be that the foreground mechanical pole, light and bird are painted in a really hairy way, where there's a lot of choppy marks that do not match the background because the building is blurred and thus smooth throughout. That contrast makes the overriding statement in this picture between the paint application methods. If you choose to blur, it forces you to paint in a cleaner, more polished way.

But I love the message. Hope everyone on the planet will find that balance between safety and still be able to keep the economy working for everyone's benefit.

I hope you personally will still be taking precautions for your health.

Drskmishra
06-05-2020, 11:06 PM
Tried this slice of pumpkin, the seeds and all, any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.

Drskmishra
06-06-2020, 04:10 AM
Taking on a technical challenge with the odd elliptical shapes for the shade tube in front of each light. The green looks luminous. Putting a background out of focus is always effective. Certainly puts the attention on the in-focus part of the pic.

I love the idea of returning to daily life.

A technical suggestion would be that the foreground mechanical pole, light and bird are painted in a really hairy way, where there's a lot of choppy marks that do not match the background because the building is blurred and thus smooth throughout. That contrast makes the overriding statement in this picture between the paint application methods. If you choose to blur, it forces you to paint in a cleaner, more polished way.

But I love the message. Hope everyone on the planet will find that balance between safety and still be able to keep the economy working for everyone's benefit.

I hope you personally will still be taking precautions for your health.
Sorry i missed your post. Thanks for all the points that you mentioned sir, I'm always benefited by your suggestions, thanks so much for my health concern! Still contuing with my telemedicine consultations, so safe so far. But missing out on patients in flesh and blood, which as an artist you also would appreciate!

D Akey
06-06-2020, 06:44 AM
The cantaloupe looks good in an old school traditional way. Soft golden light and browns. The palette is limited (appropriate for the style of the times). The only thing I would do differently would be to paint the seeds with more clarity. But it's not a big deal. The lighting, palette and old style of knife tell me it's a period style piece.

Were you to make it more modern, like with a product advertisement, it would have a stronger style of lighting featuring things like the slick moistness of the meat of the fruit making it appear juicier and more appetizing, like it was just now cut open. Could even have it leak some onto the table if you wanted. So to get some of that effect you would be using highlights and richer oranges with less brown in the middle of it. So for the more modern food look you would have richer color, more sparkle and smoother transitions.
But that's a whole different vibe than say if someone painted it in oils in the 1600s before they learned certain visual tricks from photography.

Drskmishra
06-07-2020, 05:23 AM
Indeed very fine points sir! Shall definitely take into account in future paintings. Thanks again sir!

Drskmishra
06-12-2020, 02:12 AM
We doctors are facing real challenge these days, have tried to depict how difficult it is to work in the impervious protection gears during hot and humid conditions. Technically there might be many flaws, I'm sure it could have been better! Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
06-13-2020, 04:28 AM
It's almost like science fiction, isn't it. So very challenging. When wearing rubber gloves my hands were drenched from sweat when taking them off. I can only imagine what it's like to wear all that protective gear. Hats off to them all.

Your painting tells the tale. One look at it and you know it's a worrisome thing, especially since they're sticking their neck out for others day after day. I hope they can sustain themselves as it's probably drawing great energy from them bit by bit -- even just wearing all that.

Nice job. Almost like a journal entry where you can look at this as a mile marker on a long journey. Make sure you keep a date on them so when you look back on it in years to come you know the exact context.

Thanks to all the generous souls.

Drskmishra
06-16-2020, 03:08 PM
Thanks for your kind words sir, both for my painting and my profession that's getting more challenging every passing day. Everybody, please be safe!

Drskmishra
06-19-2020, 07:50 PM
Have tried to do shadows and rocks, any suggestions?

D Akey
06-20-2020, 04:00 AM
Looks a bit unclear in your painted description of the elements. The only thing that's clear are the humans. Interesting psychological portrait of the times I would venture to say.

Regarding suggestions as food for thought, I would have two:

1. Don't taint all your colors with a muddy gray-brown. It's interestingly the color you chose to paint the people with. Right now it's almost like that is seeping into your entire palette. The story for me in this painting is that people are going to the water almost in a sacramental way to cleanse and to be reborn. And the ocean and the sky are trying to cleanse them but it's a big job.

2. The rocks have a lot of action to them and not a lot of point to the marks. Without seeing the original source image if one exists outside your head, I would suggest that you look at the shapes in terms of forms, and to clarify the planes in an attractive way, with light assisting your forms.

Sometimes paintings reflect things that are below the conscious level and this may be one of them. In addition, focusing on clarifying and keeping the colors sharp can reinforce optimism like an affirmation. Just a thought.

Stay safe and persevere in the world, doctor.

Drskmishra
06-20-2020, 04:41 AM
Thanks so much sir, both points valid and important, shall take next time! And yes, have started seeing patients now, taking all precautions. Good to see happiness on their faces!

Drskmishra
06-24-2020, 05:18 PM
Have given this tramcar another try, a leisurely morning, shadows and all. Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
06-25-2020, 06:09 AM
A lot of good painting in this. I think your technique is rolling along just fine. But I think your drawing is getting closer to being right. There are some issues with perspective still and keeping the mechanics of the structures from interfering with the enjoyment of the painting by the viewer.

Probably a good hint to you as you plan your paintings is that when you have the landscape divided by an object like a tramcar car, make sure that all parts of the painting are consistent, left to right. The scale of the people on the street corner on the left doesn't feel quite in keeping with the scale on the right.

The other thing is the tramcar is vanishing way to abruptly compared with the environment.

Anyway, the painting stuff is nice. At this point the area to work on is structure.

Nice one. Lots of progress.

Drskmishra
06-25-2020, 02:24 PM
Indeed very useful suggestions sir, shall take them into account next time! Thanks!

eighty+
06-27-2020, 03:37 AM
Yep I Like it and its good that you have come into Town maybe a hint of a Wheel showing and I think your view of the

crowd on the right looks ok being as there are closer to our view point then to the others on the other side of the Street

Drskmishra
07-02-2020, 05:04 AM
Thanks sir, for your kind observations!

Drskmishra
07-02-2020, 05:08 AM
Its rainy season here, and birds are badly affected during this time. Have tried to depict this crow waiting for the rains to stop, any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
07-02-2020, 05:41 AM
As to the paint technique and communication level: I'm impressed with your skills. It's staged well. It makes a point, and the paint technique does not interfere with the message and it's actually quite aesthetically pleasing on several levels. As heavy as the message is, it's a beautiful painting in that it very much communicates. You're hooking up the mind with the hands almost like a singer-songwriter telling his tale. You're moving past the mechanical challenges even though technique is always something to keep practicing. But you're hitting the bulls eye.

Nice humanistic self-portrait, Doctor. It deserves a place in your office along side your diplomas.

Drskmishra
07-02-2020, 04:17 PM
Thanks so much sir, your observations are very very encouraging! Look forward to more of them in future too! Thanks again sir!

Drskmishra
07-21-2020, 05:32 AM
Done this after a while, learning to do shadows. Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
07-21-2020, 06:57 AM
Good to see your posting.

What I would recommend in regards to doing shadows in general it's a good idea to note that there are varying kinds from strong to more transparent. But in general it's a far more satisfying result if you mix darker and cooler shades that have some of the local color in it. Look at the shadows across the wall and the door. It's looking like a dark vine plant rather than a shadow because the colors don't relate to the color of the object they are cast over. So you would mix one way for the stucco wall and another color for the door, and of course you can subdivide based on direction all you want, whether there is bounce light entering the area in shadow and so on.

But even if you're wanting to paint like an impressionist with very broad and general areas of color, you might like treating the shadows based on the local color of the shaded object.

Shadows also have a character of their own as to edges and so on but that's not as important for now. Mixing color is.

I really love the optimism of this painting. It feels bright and vital and joyous and filled with love. Good bounce back. I assume your engaging patients in person and the joy you alluded to in the last post have filled you with good vibes. Glad to see it. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Drskmishra
07-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestions sir, shall have to do more of them. And yes, things have started getting better here, though the number of cases are rising exponentially. Recovery rates are satisfactory by all standards. At my health centre, we are seeing regular/chronic patients who have been out of focus in the larger crisis of corona. For them its a great relief!

Alexandra
07-21-2020, 05:01 PM
Beautiful painting!

byroncallas
07-22-2020, 04:03 AM
Zings with wonderful color.

Drskmishra
07-22-2020, 11:00 PM
Thanks both of you for the kind words!

D Akey
07-23-2020, 03:11 PM
Well, medical folk are the heroes for sure. Keep up the good service work, Doctor. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Drskmishra
07-24-2020, 03:44 PM
Found this frog pretty fascinating! Any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
07-25-2020, 02:19 AM
Regarding your subject, the frog, it's rather interesting how it could be seen as a metaphor for a doctor seeing patients. Each patient's situation is like a lily pad where the frog jumps and lands for a moment onto their world. And the pond is filled with lily pads. In addition, you show blossoms, which are like the realization of good health, if not consciousness beyond the physical (seeing the jewel in the center of the lotus within each patient and reminding them that is the part of their nature for them to draw out above and beyond maladies of the body). Anyway that's how it strikes me. The frog could be a medical professional's totem animal in this regard.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

byroncallas
07-25-2020, 02:19 PM
There is a fascinating thing that happens to my eyes scanning the painting. As I try to move around my eyes are compelled to shoot right back to the frog, somehow a riveting focal point. I would think it would be the bright purple flower (it seems theory might say????), but no, my eyes just get pulled back to the frog. I don't know if that's intentional, but it sure somehow comes out that way (for me). In my abstract paintings I sometimes try to "cause" these kinds of things (it occasionally works), so this really sorta grabbed my attention. Maybe it's the white in the eyes. :-)

Drskmishra
07-25-2020, 03:28 PM
Thanks both of you for all the kind words, my sincere thanks! Several decades ago, in our bio classes, we ripped apart many of these poor things to learn the intricacies inside, without much feelings! I guess I should dedicate this one to all those beautiful frogs, Rana tigrina as they are called in biology!

byroncallas
07-28-2020, 02:36 PM
Thanks both of you for all the kind words, my sincere thanks! Several decades ago, in our bio classes, we ripped apart many of these poor things to learn the intricacies inside, without much feelings! I guess I should dedicate this one to all those beautiful frogs, Rana tigrina as they are called in biology!

Well, you've got a point there. I've stopped for a moment of silence considering your heartfelt dedication. :-)

ENCHANTER
07-29-2020, 10:13 AM
Love the colours contrast of the leaves

Drskmishra
07-30-2020, 03:02 PM
Thanks so much!

Drskmishra
07-30-2020, 03:05 PM
Its raining here incessantly, tried to paint this little angel dancing all by herself in the rains. Many flaws technically I'm sure! Any good?

eighty+
07-30-2020, 03:43 PM
Hi. Doc. The fact that you angel is 7foot tall. Doesn’t matter it’s the thought. And your enjoyment. In painting her and sharing with us to
Enjoy. As well. As for colour. I which I had your flair. Congrats. CIAO. Ploos

Drskmishra
07-31-2020, 04:55 AM
Thanks so much sir, your kind words of encouragement would help me improve further!

D Akey
07-31-2020, 06:01 AM
I love the spirit of it. I get the pure innocent joy of interaction with the world, come hell or high water as they say. In that way, the child will lead us.

If one is serious about their art, doing humans, how they depict them is a statement in itself. There's the subject and the action within the picture, but there's also the impact any distortion has as a way of spinning the interpretation of the moment. In a representational image, doing humans requires a care for accuracy, and if it doesn't conform to the normal look, it makes a point and colors the impression. If it's a process of personal expression like jotting a note in a journal, then anything goes. But that's more a personal thing, where the artist knows what they meant. Other viewers will have to deal with what they see relative to their own concept of accuracy or distortion. All depends on how you're regarding your art.

Anyway, a thought would be that if you're distorting, that you carry that distortion throughout. But doing so will require a lot more consideration than doing a standard painting because you will then need to consider all your imagery and how it all relates to the changes you superimpose. You could conceivably turn your distortion into a signature style.

Anyway, be that as it may, I love the idea of a little girl dancing in the rain in delight like a dance partner, contrary to what older, more sensible people would see nature as an opponent to keep at a distance. Then it boils down to how poetic one wants to be in presenting that theme.

Drskmishra
08-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Thanks sir for your observations, even i knew it wasnt perfect! Shall try to draw better next time, thanks again!

Drskmishra
08-06-2020, 05:35 AM
Roasting corn cobs! Have tried to do the fire, ashes and smoke along with red reflections of fire on corn. Seeking sugestions from all please.

D Akey
08-07-2020, 04:29 AM
Wow. I don't know what to say. Never tossed shucked ears of corn onto hot coals to cook so I haven't a clue what it's supposed to look like. But the theme certainly generates curiosity.

The coals look good and hot. I think what bothers me is the comparative size and direction of the corn's kernels and how much focus you give them.

There are different schools of thought on rows of things like trees in farmlands. There is the more naive stylization as seen in the 1930s muralist styles that are basically itemizing bounty or different elements in a theme like Farming or strength in a Nation. In that case they don't care about creating the illusion of a real moment like a photo would capture.

So if you're trying to make it look real, when you do tight rows of something going away into a distance you must consider that when it's closer you see between the items (kernels) and as it goes away from you you see more of the tops so that the in-between spaces fade because you're only seeing more of the tops. You don't have to outline every kernel in the same way. In fact, sometimes it's more of a relief to the eye to not have to itemize kernels like you're doing an inventory k-105, k-106, k-107. . .

Anyway, interesting jump to a very different subject. You seem to be doing heat well with your colors and values.

Drskmishra
08-07-2020, 04:49 AM
Thanks sir for the suggestion, very important to learn. Saw a guy selling these roasted corn cobs in drizzling rains, quite fascinating. The glow of simmering coal was wonderful, thats where i got the idea!

Drskmishra
08-27-2020, 04:40 AM
It's raining here in my part of the world, green leaves look beautiful! Have tried to do these leaves with rain drops. Have hazed out the background to give prominence to my leaves, seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
08-28-2020, 06:05 AM
I think you're using layers very effectively with the blurred background.

So you're reveling in the rainy season inspiration. Makes me want to run out into the rain myself, especially since it's been so hot and dry here for far too long.

Keep up the great work! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Drskmishra
08-28-2020, 03:40 PM
Thanks so much sir, your encouragement matters a lot to me!

Drskmishra
09-07-2020, 05:58 AM
Have tried it, shell, the fibres and shadows. Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
09-08-2020, 09:31 AM
Looks very edible, doctor.

One suggestion, when you have a rather textured surface turning into shadow, you can either paint everything in every shade to fill in what you know to be there, or you can simplify the texture to the eye and leave the major texture detail at the transition point from where light merges into dark.

This may be better when an object is less textured like the pitted skin of an orange or golf ball. But this being so hairy and scraggly may require you to render every strand.

That way it's easier on the viewer's eye as well as easier and more clever for the painter.

Anyway, looks good.

Drskmishra
09-08-2020, 02:53 PM
Indeed a very vital tip sir, shall keep in mind for future! Thanks sir! Been keeping rather busy with fever and cough patients who are mostly positive for the dreaded virus. Taking all precautions while dealing with these cases and so far I'm keeping well! Need a lot of good wishes from all! Thanks again sir!

D Akey
09-08-2020, 07:21 PM
Indeed a very vital tip sir, shall keep in mind for future! Thanks sir! Been keeping rather busy with fever and cough patients who are mostly positive for the dreaded virus. Taking all precautions while dealing with these cases and so far I'm keeping well! Need a lot of good wishes from all! Thanks again sir!

Indeed, the best wishes to you and your patients. Be strong, doctor, and take all the necessary steps to keep yourself well. You have my sincere admiration.

Alexandra
09-18-2020, 10:54 PM
Such beautiful paintings, all of them. Great techniques. Sending good wishes and success with you, family, and your patients during this time.

Drskmishra
10-20-2020, 07:15 PM
Thanks so much ma'am for all your kind words!

Drskmishra
10-20-2020, 07:19 PM
Not a great theme, but trying to refine the beach, learning the waves, froth and sand. Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
10-21-2020, 05:57 AM
I love the richness of color and how you inserted accents throughout the wet sand and so forth. I think this is perhaps one of your most successful paintings. I think you have a real affinity for the beach. It gives one so many distinct areas within which to invigorate the painting to really make it come alive to the viewer. You've done so here very well indeed.

Drskmishra
10-21-2020, 03:03 PM
Thanks so much sir for all the encouragement, let me see how i can improve further!

Drskmishra
11-13-2020, 04:09 PM
Tried this still life after a while, learning to do shadows, lights and detailing. Any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.

hanzz
11-14-2020, 04:48 AM
Great progress on this thread ! Keep it up mate !

D Akey
11-14-2020, 07:11 AM
Great so see you back, doctor. Hope you're staying healthy.

Mind your scale of the seeds, from inside the peel to the front of the fruit. The distance doesn't warrant that dramatic a scale change.

Good stuff. Keep painting! Hope it helps relax you.

Drskmishra
11-14-2020, 04:57 PM
You got it, sir! Even i found it out afterwards! And yes, I'm keeping healthy! Also with some degree of pride, i wish to put it on record that i treated over 40 patients of the dreaded virus successfully during last 3months! All these patients belong to poor families with limited resources. Hope to continue on with my efforts till we have a proper vaccine at hand. Thanks once again sir for all the good wishes!

Drskmishra
11-14-2020, 04:59 PM
Great progress on this thread ! Keep it up mate !

Thanks so much for following my thread & my learning curve! Hope to improve further, thanks again!

Victor
11-14-2020, 06:10 PM
nice work ..

D Akey
11-15-2020, 04:39 AM
You got it, sir! Even i found it out afterwards! And yes, I'm keeping healthy! Also with some degree of pride, i wish to put it on record that i treated over 40 patients of the dreaded virus successfully during last 3months! All these patients belong to poor families with limited resources. Hope to continue on with my efforts till we have a proper vaccine at hand. Thanks once again sir for all the good wishes!

Courageous work! I'm sure those poor souls are deeply appreciative.

The part of your comment that popped out was that you treated them successfully!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! I assume that means they have recovered. That's tremendous. And it gives hope to so many that you posted this to make it visible to those beyond your local community.

Still, take proper care of yourself and your staff, in addition to the patients.

Bravo, Doctor!!!!!!

:cool::):cool::):cool::):cool:

Drskmishra
11-15-2020, 02:44 PM
Thanks so much sir for all the kind words!

Drskmishra
11-20-2020, 10:42 PM
Have given them a try again, learning to do shadows and highlights. Any good? Seek suggestions from all please.

D Akey
11-21-2020, 10:41 AM
Looks pretty good and pretty incomplete, like you ran out of gas a bit.

Nice destination for the road trip. Nice brushwork on the peppers. Cylinders pumping. Engine sounding good. And off you went, spirits high.

Alas, your car puttered out along the road and didn't make it to the next gas station. No problem. Was a good effort. There will be a next time.

So, what I see is that you started out with nice painterly work on the vegetables. You're getting into juicy colors that add good interest to the viewer's eye. But that sensibility didn't carry over into the flat background. You didn't even continue the table top to the left side. The shadow took care of it on the right, but I'm guessing because of the left side, you were just ending the shadow and not thinking overmuch about it being an environment.

Also, you've established your shadow as very dark, nearly black. In a naturalistic painting, having a place in the picture that dark sort of requires that you run a full value range throughout for it to feel like the same world. Whether it's the core shadow on the pepper themselves, or a gradient in the back wall or on the tabletop, it needs to feel like it's lit with the same sensibility throughout. Also I would love to see some nice brushwork throughout the whole image (meaning some nice color accents, just to make it feel like it is the same universe as the peppers.)

Anyway, I know you're worn out from work, so take what I'm suggesting to merely be something to file away for later. I'm sure once you're more rested it will all come together at least to the level of your previous paintings, and beyond.

Stay well! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Drskmishra
11-21-2020, 04:03 PM
Right sir, I was only into the capsicums, and little else. Indeed I should have focused on background too! Shall keep them in mind next time. Thanks for your valuable suggestions once again sir!

Drskmishra
12-16-2020, 06:33 AM
Have given it a try after a while, snow, shadows, trees and all. Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
12-16-2020, 09:35 AM
Nice snow scene. I love the colors and values.

One recommendation would be to consider that not all snow is usually in similar clumps. There is some that gets churned up by tires and snow plows, but it's often smoother. Also the trench where the tires went might be more tubular to create a variety for the eye to differentiate.

I would look at the character of the snow in its various forms from your source image, or look at pictures of snow. There's nothing wrong with this picture. It's just that it could be organized into storytelling bits that create a relationship of sections for added interest. If there are shapes the artist can exploit that with lighting, local color, shadow and reflected light to give it a graphic assist.

Anyway, it's looking like a holiday card. Nice one.

Please stay safe. My 95 year old mom got COVID-19 nearly 14 days ago. We're waiting to test her again. Crossing fingers that she will rebound fully. She's tough. Thank you for all the healing you're participating in. So grateful for the medical people like yourself.

Drskmishra
12-16-2020, 03:04 PM
Thanks so much sir for being so encouraging always! Hope to improve further next time. Hope your mum recovers from the dreaded virus soon. If 14 days are past then she should make it provided she has no concomitant illnesses like sugar or high BP. In any case, the blood tends to get clotted easily after she recovers so she needs to take tablets to keep the blood flowing for next few months. Also, dead virus continues to be detected by the testing mechanism even after two weeks so we have stopped retesting if the recovery been uneventful. All the very best sir!

D Akey
12-16-2020, 06:50 PM
Thank you so much, Doctor. There is a lot of protections surrounding doctors when dealing with COVID units, particularly at this convalescent hospital. I have never managed to speak to the doctor and he doesn't return messages. So what you've told me is more real info than I'm getting here. The situation is in flux but since it's coming to where we will be negotiating her care beyond the insurance it may be the one time I can leverage a phone call. So now I have specific questions I can ask thanks to you. The care is pretty decent but not having a doctor communicating is frustrating. So here we go into the last part of her recovery phase with the virus. Her balance is still not great so we'll have physical therapy for her regularly to get her ambulatory. And that would go a long way to getting her home with her husband. So thanks again, Doctor.

Drskmishra
12-17-2020, 04:20 AM
Thank you so much, Doctor. There is a lot of protections surrounding doctors when dealing with COVID units, particularly at this convalescent hospital. I have never managed to speak to the doctor and he doesn't return messages. So what you've told me is more real info than I'm getting here. The situation is in flux but since it's coming to where we will be negotiating her care beyond the insurance it may be the one time I can leverage a phone call. So now I have specific questions I can ask thanks to you. The care is pretty decent but not having a doctor communicating is frustrating. So here we go into the last part of her recovery phase with the virus. Her balance is still not great so we'll have physical therapy for her regularly to get her ambulatory. And that would go a long way to getting her home with her husband. So thanks again, Doctor.
My pleasure, sir! Please let me know of the progress, thanks again!

Drskmishra
12-27-2020, 06:10 AM
Been learning to do it right, shadows, different hues of snow and shrubs. Any better? Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
12-28-2020, 09:18 AM
You really have turned into quite the colorist! Really beautiful variety that makes it quite tasty to look at. Lighting is very clear. The gradations also lead the eye nicely through the various areas: across the background, along the snowy path. It's like it has an inner glow.

Good stuff!!!!!!!

Drskmishra
12-28-2020, 02:53 PM
Thanks so much for the encouragement sir!

sabena
12-30-2020, 11:48 AM
Wow fantastic painting i love it :)

Drskmishra
01-03-2021, 04:55 AM
Thanks so much, m'am!

Drskmishra
01-07-2021, 07:02 AM
Have tried to do this, froth, shadows and all. Any good? Seek suggestions from all please.

anmark989
01-07-2021, 07:33 AM
An amateur by confession, never formally trained, have been trying artrage for sometime. Submitting my first attempt. Honest opinions from learned artists.

I love the contrasting colors! Thank you for sharing!

anmark989
01-07-2021, 07:33 AM
Have tried to do this, froth, shadows and all. Any good? Seek suggestions from all please.

This mug is truly making me thirsty! Well done and thank you for sharing!

anmark989
01-07-2021, 07:35 AM
Have been trying to do it right, but long way to go it seems. Seeking suggestions from all please.

I love your choice in leaves color.The dark sky behind the leaves really helps make it pop! Well done and thanks for sharing!

anmark989
01-07-2021, 07:36 AM
Have been observing roses in my lawn, was fascinated by thorns. Have tried to do them as they appear early in the morning. Looking forward to comments and suggestions please.

This is truly a beautiful piece! I love the green colors. If I could add any feedback, it may be nice to have a background in a different color. But that it just my opinion. Well done and love it!

D Akey
01-08-2021, 01:42 AM
Good stuff.

My technical note is on the perspective. Most notable is that the ellipses don't follow the perspective. The most glaring is the base of the glass which you have as a straight line as if the eye level is right at that level. But as you can see from the planks of the wood table that the eye level's much higher.

When you're doing something as mechanical as a glass, mechanics or perspective are an issue. You can get away with a lot when doing organic subjects as with your snow, which looks fine. But it's a bit more ambiguous. In the case of a glass of beer perspective is a big feature.

You did better on the ellipses in the upper part of the glass with the head of the beer and so on.

As to the textures, it works nicely. It's feeling wet and frothy. The reflections on the smooth glass has a different character than the wet foam, which is different from the amber beer. All that is nice. As to the wood grain, it looks like you weren't paying much attention to it and quickly knocked in some lines like a mental note that there's grain there.

Anyway, as experiments and stretching into new subjects, this is pretty cool. Nice foray into the lesser known. It's a bit amusing to me in that there is an old advertising slogan for Miller Beer: When it's time to relax. . . If you've got the time, we've got the beer.

Looks like you had the time and produced the beer.

Well done.

Drskmishra
01-08-2021, 05:56 AM
Very true sir, perspective needs a lot of attention. Wood patterns too need refinement. I guess i was more into getting the froth right, after all beer is about froth, lest it should get flat! Shall work on your suggestions, thanks sir! Next few weeks are going to keep me busy, we are rolling out vaccination soon, hope all goes well!

D Akey
01-08-2021, 10:16 AM
. . . Next few weeks are going to keep me busy, we are rolling out vaccination soon, hope all goes well!

From your mouth to God's ear. I have great hope this vaccination will arrest this virus. And I also hope that you, as a front line health care worker (hero), are to receive it in working form early so you can make sure it's managed well for everyone.

Blessings to you and all those involved!

Drskmishra
01-20-2021, 03:08 PM
Have given it a try again, concentrating on shadows, reflections, colours and more details, seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
01-24-2021, 06:53 PM
Owing the the values and saturation, it diminishes the illusion of depth. But it's starting to take on some qualities of abstract art. Interesting lateral step, Doctor.

Just an health update on my folks who both got COVID, since you were so kind to ask: They both did their quarantine and came back home. It took its toll on both (95yo). Step-dad is going to be doing hospice at home owing to a newly found cancer. Mom will be at his side along the way. She worked hospice for a time as well, and I think they're together now to share the experience. That time of life I'm afraid. But for now they're showing great love of life. And we're doing what we can to keep the heart lights lit.

damasocl
01-25-2021, 07:51 AM
Excelente logro... Las texturas que generas son extraordinarias...!!!

Drskmishra
01-26-2021, 04:49 PM
Owing the the values and saturation, it diminishes the illusion of depth. But it's starting to take on some qualities of abstract art. Interesting lateral step, Doctor.

Just an health update on my folks who both got COVID, since you were so kind to ask: They both did their quarantine and came back home. It took its toll on both (95yo). Step-dad is going to be doing hospice at home owing to a newly found cancer. Mom will be at his side along the way. She worked hospice for a time as well, and I think they're together now to share the experience. That time of life I'm afraid. But for now they're showing great love of life. And we're doing what we can to keep the heart lights lit.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:thanks for observations sir! Abstract, no way sir! It might have taken the hues of it inadvertently, purely incidental!
Good to know of patients coming round, cancers are challanging to treat but together they'd manage I hope. Life's a lot beyond diseases and treatments. We are still trying to find answers to zillions of things happening inside this magnificent creation of God, called human body! May He give strength to fight the adversities, all the best sir!

Drskmishra
01-26-2021, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=damasocl;536330]Excelente logro... Las texturas que generas son extraordinarias...!!![/muchas gracias señor, espero mejorar aún más!

Drskmishra
02-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Have tried to improve on shadows and reflections, any better? Seek suggestions from all please.

D Akey
02-10-2021, 08:53 AM
There's lots of harmonious color variations and a finesse to the paint application in the upper third of the painting which I really love. I would suggest making the lower portions as beautiful since they're where the story is playing out.

Of course if this is something that can be analyzed for deeper meaning, ignore what I just said. I would instead say that what I'm looking at is a heaven above and the heavier world we traverse below. If this is accurate, I would say this suggests you're holding a high ideal in your heart while helping people (knowing your profession) survive as they head toward a happier, healthier place. . . It's about the human struggle as we seek to find the beauty and all that represents. . . and that it's available just over the ridge.

Drskmishra
02-10-2021, 02:54 PM
Very true sir, thr lower part and foreground need a lot of improvements. Shall keep working on them, thanks! And yes, the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccination has smoothly picked up in my health centre, we are vaccinating police personnel and healthcare workers on priority, mammoth task! This is in addition to the regular out patients that we are treating daily. So far so good, hope all goes well!

D Akey
02-11-2021, 02:05 AM
Yes, very good news to have a vaccine with which to work. Today I'm getting my mother her second Moderna inoculation. There was a tense moment when the providers said suddenly that they could not get it. It became available right before the scheduled time.

Drskmishra
02-24-2021, 07:21 PM
Trying to learn shadows and reflections, any good? Seeking suggestiions from all please.

D Akey
02-26-2021, 08:46 AM
Nice stuff. You have good colors and your brushwork is very expressive.

Good tribute to winter!

Drskmishra
02-26-2021, 05:07 PM
Thanks sir, for the encouragement! Let me see how I improve further!

Stephen Lo Piano
03-08-2021, 05:23 AM
That's interesting because my first glance at this image lead me to believe this was a watercolor painted image.

Drskmishra
03-17-2021, 01:26 AM
That's interesting because my first glance at this image lead me to believe this was a watercolor painted image.
Thanks so much for appreciating.

Drskmishra
03-17-2021, 01:29 AM
Learning to do shadows, any better?

Enug
03-17-2021, 08:24 AM
Your painting has grown so much over the years.

Drskmishra
03-17-2021, 02:44 PM
Thanks so much for your kind words!

sabena
03-18-2021, 06:27 AM
Great and fantastic landscapes congratulation Drskmishra :)

Drskmishra
03-18-2021, 06:08 PM
Thanks so much m'am for your encouraging words!

D Akey
03-19-2021, 05:44 AM
Excellent seascape! I love the colors, and how dynamic it is. Your strokes are showing purpose where the strokes in the whole painting echo the theme of the curling waves.

You should be well pleased with this one. Keep going and progressing! You're doing fantastic.

I would have to guess things are looking brighter to you in general because while there's still turbulence, there's purity and it pays deference to the whole as well. And I see a strong ability to manage it all.

Drskmishra
03-19-2021, 01:59 PM
Thanks sir for always being so encouraging, shall keep improving further! With our outpatient running regularly, getting to see more and more patients everyday, but covid is not yet over for sure. My humble suggestion for all would be to get vaccinated at the first opportunity. Thanks again sir!

Drskmishra
04-01-2021, 06:19 AM
Learning to do bright colours of spring, shadows and foliage. Seek suggestions from all please.

D Akey
04-01-2021, 05:41 PM
Love it. I particularly like how you used the colors blocks as design shapes, thus creating a very pleasing relationship. I also love the image in that I'm pulled in and want to enjoy the walk. It's also got some very clear linear directional elements, horizontal and vertical with a nice lead in with that diagonal. The path is great, leading upward which feels like there's something down the way, almost like a meeting with a nature spirit or something.

I hope you like it too. I find it very pleasing and could see it hanging on the wall in an office to take my mind off my cares.

Good one Doctor. Stay vigilant and healthy.

Drskmishra
04-01-2021, 07:20 PM
Thanks so much sir, looks like I'm on track! Trying my best to understand the process and ideas behind them while painting. Hope it gets better by the day. Yes, am taking care, the virus is alive and well and we're still nowhere close to the finishing line!

limey-g
04-02-2021, 02:41 AM
This is super good, so realistic its like taking a walk in my own bush and stepping through the many different levels that exist there.

Drskmishra
04-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Thanks so much sir for being kind! Shall always look forward to your encouragement, thanks again.

Drskmishra
04-16-2021, 04:14 AM
Tried painting this sunset at outskirts of Sydney, which is a delight to watch. Full of colours, the sky looks almost like a pellette spread with paints! Of course my work is nowhere close to it, just learning to get perspective, colours and shadows right! Seeking suggetions from all please.

D Akey
04-16-2021, 06:16 AM
You picked a very complex mechanical image again, so all elements have to relate to each other for scale. Sadly they do not.

One of the things one needs to consider as a check is that it ALL must look right to your eye, rather than just relying on following some mechanical formula (computers do that admirably). Because if you get your calculations wrong in a meaningless formula, it will be wrong.

So walk through this picture and look at the relative scale and angles of the objects and people. Does it look right to your eye, or is it because you are trying to follow a formula, it got away from you. It looks to me like you followed a formula and set the perspective one way, and then you saw a scale problem and inserted the closest car on the left to try to make it work with the people on the sidewalk. But the people, if they crossed the street would dominate the sport of basketball because they're so tall.

My suggestion is to simplify your image as you learn perspective like this. Do a drawing before you paint, even if it's rough, and look at the scale of every object. Or, on the other hand, you might want to get somebody else's painting or photo that is successful in your eyes and use it as a tracing image and plot out the lines and get yourself into the way it works and note all the perspective lines and points of contact for the objects and figures. Or, if you have the patience, get a simple book that teaches perspective at a beginner's level.

Or you can just paint and ignore the perspective formulas and try to get it right to your eye. But you need to be looking closer.

Anyway, this painting is useful for you to see what the problem is. It's not unlike diagnosing the source of a hidden malady that's showing up from a nasty symptom -- where you have to force it to get worse to spot what it is. I think you did just that. Well diagnosed. You identified the problem in your comment.

If you're painting for relaxation and pleasure, there's nobody saying you need to do mentally critical stuff like this to prove you're getting good at painting. Enjoy the process, whichever way you go with it. And if you want the challenge, then go for it! My hat's off to you.

Oh, one other thing to try -- there are mechanical pages called 'Perspective Grids' that you can lay it under your paint levels and you have all the perspective worked out for you more or less. Architects and mechanical designers use them (or used to) before there were programs that did that stuff for you. But if you can download a suitable grid from the internet and get handy with it, you would solve a lot of problems immediately.

Drskmishra
04-16-2021, 01:56 PM
All points noted sir, perhaps i painted from my heart without following basics! Even i had a feeling there was something amiss. Was trying to use colours to relax, sadly the virus in its second wave has been keeping us busy whole time. Shall keep them in mind and work more on sketches. Thanks a lot sir for your valuable suggestions.

D Akey
04-17-2021, 05:27 AM
And thank YOU Doctor, for your extremely valuable service to your community. That second wave business -- hang in there and keep safe!!!!! You definitely have the very essential perspective well in proportion in that arena.

Drskmishra
04-17-2021, 04:53 PM
Thanks sir for your good wishes, trying to see patients both through video consultations and physically by keeping 5 to 6 yards distance with a pedestal fan running behind me. Doing my bit, may He bless us all!

D Akey
04-26-2021, 04:02 AM
Doctor, I heard a news article on the radio while driving about how bad it's gotten in India with COVID. I can't even imagine the pressure on all you health professionals, volunteers and just the people in general. All I can say is from my heart, God Bless and persevere with your tremendously essential work. Play to your strengths, and may inspiration serve you.

I hope you can pace yourself for the long haul. But I'm sure the demands of the moment play a large part in how you apply yourself. But also listen to the cheering from those of us who stand on the sidelines. Wow. Painting is nothing by comparison to what you all do. With great gratitude, please stay healthy -- you and your family and patients.

Drskmishra
04-26-2021, 04:14 AM
These fiery red flowers pepper the skyline during fall in my part of the world, typically they bloom on leafless dry branches and are an absolute delight to watch for miles together while driving. Have tried to depict the beauty through this, seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
04-26-2021, 04:17 AM
No suggestions in particular. It looks great. More please!

Drskmishra
04-27-2021, 12:20 AM
Thanks so much sir! Shall try to improve further!

Drskmishra
04-27-2021, 12:35 AM
Sir, you are right, its gotten worse. Hospitals are overflowing, oxygen demand is on all time high and casualties rising. But every one is trying their best. Vaccination drive is on, medicines are aplenty and home care/ shifting critical patients to smaller/ periferal towns with lesser load are some of the steps being taken. We are identifying high risk cases early on to initiate aggressive treatment. Public awareness is on all time high, near lockdown prevails. I have been trying save lives through tele consultation. An estimated 3weeks more of the ordeal, hope things improve. So touched by your concern, thanks sir!

kenmo
04-30-2021, 11:34 AM
Looks fantastic....

Drskmishra
05-03-2021, 05:02 AM
Tried to depict the kid waiting for an oncoming train to pass on a late evening(all kids love trains!) The perspective, the fall leaves and shadows, been learning to do them right, any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
05-03-2021, 12:08 PM
Well it's getting there. The one thing distinctly perspective oriented paintings is that scale is unforgiving because every element relates to every other element. For example the tracks compared to the rest of the picture look extremely wide. But if you cover the left half of the picture the scale looks somewhat better. Anyway, it's sometimes good to do your drawing and maybe flip it horizontally (mirror image) and take a look to see if it's working both ways.

I can see perspective is your Mt. Everest issue. Keep going. If one doesn't see perspective naturally, one has to rely on the mechanical approach. No shame in that. But even at that one has to look at the mechanically plotted image and breathe natural life back into it to take the edge off. You have a good feel to this picture. Just that you're still fighting the perspective. I still suggest picking simpler subjects (perspective wise) and get those right and work your way up, building on one right line after the other so your foundation is right every step.

Anyway, the feel has a lot of heart. Nice color and all. I can see you're a natural artist. But now the technique has to come up farther to allow you to execute those 'stories'.

Drskmishra
05-03-2021, 02:43 PM
Rightly mentioned sir, perspective remains a challange for me! Trying to work on it, thanks for your valuable suggestions!

Saphire
05-04-2021, 06:39 AM
Love this landscape its so romantic and well painted your work is amazing.

Drskmishra
05-05-2021, 05:46 AM
Thanks so much for your encouraging words!

kenmo
05-06-2021, 11:07 AM
Looks fine to me and tells a story as well....

Drskmishra
05-08-2021, 03:29 AM
Looks fine to me and tells a story as well....

Thanks so much!

Drskmishra
05-08-2021, 03:32 AM
Calm water, reflections of rocks, pebbles under water and boats. Any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.

sabena
05-08-2021, 08:56 PM
Hi Drskmishra

Your last painting is fabulous i like very much :)

Drskmishra
05-09-2021, 03:22 AM
Thanks so much!

kenmo
05-09-2021, 12:41 PM
Nice works...

Drskmishra
05-11-2021, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the encouragement!

Drskmishra
05-13-2021, 02:48 PM
Have given it a try, colours of fall, shadows and good old steam train. Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
05-13-2021, 05:46 PM
Good that you took on simpler perspective and that you worked it into forest type things that you're doing well for a couple reasons. It's nice to look at, and there's only one notable problem with the perspective, which means you don't have to get 100 other things also correct. This is a very digestible fix.

The cross ties of the track are not conforming to a unified vanishing point that works with the base of the train. What makes it feel a bit off to me is that it's possible that the photo you were working from (assuming you were because of the problem) was likely shot with a wide angle camera lens thus creating an unnatural distortion that probably works in the photo because we tend to not question it, but it shows up in a painting where not every detail follows that distorted sensibility.

I don't know if I'm right about why it looks that way, but to my eye, it looks like the railroad ties are indicating that the tracks are leaning at an upward angle that the train is not aligning with. There's a slightly complicated way to plot such things, but if I were doing it freehand to work to my eye, I would stretch the vanishing point way farther away to the right and adjust the angle of the ties to where it generally should go. (an easy way might be to copy the tracks as they are and just distort the angle to see how it looks to you now that you've had some time away from the painting to see it more clearly.

If you do it on a new layer just to see if you can get the angle better, it would make a nice experiment for you and not damage this painting. But if you like what you do you can simply keep the new layer covering the old tracks.

Oh, just an addendum: I could be wrong, you know. So you have to decide how it sits with your eye.

Hope that makes sense. But this painting has only the one issue. Everything else is looking quite painterly and nice.

Great effort and you're like that determined locomotive driving along that track, so to pass through this forest you can make the tracks perfect without too much difficulty. Stay well, doctor!

Good one.

Drskmishra
05-14-2021, 04:16 AM
Thanks so much sir, for the observation! Indeed the tracks are appearing odd in relation to the locomotive, suddenly sloping down! Honestly, I didnt have a look after i finished it, else I could have corrected it, since i had no reference photo to paint from. I'm keeping well, the dispensary would open shortly after the mandatory lockdown, hope to start the work again, thanks again sir!

Drskmishra
05-19-2021, 05:38 AM
Have given it a try again. Street view with more refinement on perspective, evening shadows and a feel of small town market, any better? Seek opinion and suggestions from all please.

D Akey
05-20-2021, 06:53 PM
That looks great! Feels consistent in the perspective you've chosen to impose onto the scene. Big jump on that level, and look how well the looseness of the strokes play when the perspective is right. Bravo. Another big leap forward.

Keep up the great work!

Drskmishra
05-21-2021, 06:12 PM
Oh, really? Thanks so much sir for those kind words! Shall keep learning, thanks again sir!

sabena
05-21-2021, 09:16 PM
Fantástic paintings you are a great artist :)

Drskmishra
05-22-2021, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the encouragement , I'm just a learner!

Drskmishra
06-18-2021, 06:33 PM
Have given it a try, shadows and all. The grey coating over grapes was a challange indeed! Any good?

limey-g
06-19-2021, 04:37 AM
Wow, they look so real an excellent job.

Drskmishra
06-19-2021, 04:42 AM
Thanks so much sir, very encouraging words!

D Akey
06-19-2021, 07:51 AM
Looks quite nice! I love how you've used the subtle but appealing brushwork in the wall and table. Gives it some additional interest. The grapes are your best yet. Your skill in local color, translucency, reflected accented light, roundness of the fruit and so forth has developed since you first tried some time back.

The bowl's shape looks more American football shaped as opposed to round since you mirrored the pinching ends left and right.

Only suggestion at this point is that because your wall is so smooth and interesting with subtle color variations, I would do likewise throughout in general but the bowl in this painting by putting in variations of color with some brush type blending. Just so it looks like it carries the same kind of sensibility throughout the painting, like it has the same kind of artistic expertise to paint everything. As it is it's fine, but approaching it this way would take it that much farther.

But this is really nice, Doctor.

Keep up the great work and hope you're staying well and you all are getting supplies in greater abundance to fight the virus.

Drskmishra
06-19-2021, 01:46 PM
Thanks so much for all the kind words sir! Been observing paintings and pictures intently to understand details of colours and shadows, looks like its paying dividends! And yes, the number of Covid patients has come down substantially. Vaccinations are on, and like everywhere else, vaccine hesitancy is proving out to be a big challange. In a daylong session we vaccinate 150 to 160 persons, that includes online data entry, history taking, vaccination and mandatory 30 min of close observation. Pretty slow, but silently we are carrying on the long and tedious assignment. Thanks again sir for your good wishes!

Drskmishra
06-29-2021, 01:27 AM
Given it a try with some detailing and shadows, some raindrops added in the end! Seeking suggestions from all please.

D Akey
07-02-2021, 03:28 AM
It's nice but I don't know the flower well enough to compare this to the nature of the flower. It has something of a dried flower look to my eye in that it doesn't feel like it's unfolding. The edges seem to have lost their connection to each other to my quick look.

Anyway keep up the good work. There's some nice painting happening. And stay healthy, doctor!

Drskmishra
07-02-2021, 05:30 AM
Thanks for your observation sir, its raining here and the flowers are not blooming like normal times! And sir, health is good, the vaccine seems to be working

Drskmishra
07-12-2021, 04:52 PM
Tried to do this again, ill defined lines and minimal shadows to depict heavy rains. Of course perspective doesnt appear perfect! Any good? Seeking suggetions from all please.

D Akey
07-15-2021, 06:23 PM
Looks great to me. I can't tell if she's casual or elegant but that adds an enigmatic element of mystery. So I'm responding to the overall impression rather than technique. But I feel there's something almost like a goddess who's slumming, and in disguise among the humans. So bravo. You've taken and created a story rather than a post card shot of a scene.

Nice one!

Drskmishra
07-17-2021, 05:03 PM
Thanks so much sir, this is rainy season here and rains being out the best of imaginations from you! Trying my best, thanks again sir!

Drskmishra
08-08-2021, 10:04 PM
Just a quick one, reflections and shadows. Also with some hesitations, have bought the real painting stuff finally, acrylic paints, easel, canvas, brushes, the complete set! Not yet started though, trying to gather mental strenghth! Shall post if I'm finally able to do something for sure.

Drskmishra
09-11-2021, 04:25 PM
Have given it try again, we're having massive rains here these days. Any good?

Drskmishra
09-16-2021, 06:12 PM
Did it on canvas paper with real acrylic colours and brushes. Very challanging to mix real colours as against using ready made colours on digital format. Long way to go, i know!

damasocl
10-05-2021, 09:52 AM
Cada día más y excelentes obras...Felicitaciones...!!!

D Akey
10-14-2021, 06:36 PM
Hey Doctor! Just wanted to stop in and say I've always loved your enthusiasm and energy and I've so very much admired your heroic calling to help people.

Just letting you know I'm fine in case you were wondering considering what silence might indicate in these COVID times. But I'm good.

Anyway, I'll be poking my nose in from time to time but probably not posting too much. Your painting is a real blessing to you so keep up the process of reaching inside so you can see it again and again when the mood strikes.

Please stay well and KEEP PAINTING whether or not people post responses. That should not be what you're looking for in being so creative. Please yourself. Everything else is gravy.

sabena
10-15-2021, 12:28 AM
Drskmishra
I really like your work, they are real works of art that should be exhibited in a museum. thanks for posting. :)

kev2grey
10-21-2021, 11:49 AM
Beautiful Work. Can't help agreeing with D Akey about the colour composition. If you were to put some red autumn colours on the left hand side it would make a great picture even better.

kev2grey
10-21-2021, 11:56 AM
Beautiful Work. Can't help agreeing with D Akey about the colour composition. If you were to put some red autumn colours on the left hand side it would make a great picture even better.

Drskmishra
12-13-2021, 12:51 AM
Thanks all of you for your kind words, nice to know everyone is keeping well. Been trying to balance work with attempts to paint on real canvas now. Big challenge, must say! From readymade colours available on digital palette to making desired colours on real palette is very difficult, but I'm not giving up (perhaps due to my profession!). Have been trying small paintings with acrylic colours on hand made paper for last several weeks. Posting this one with some degree of confidence, plenty of shortcomings I'm sure! Need suggestions from all please. And yes, please get vaccinated and use masks with appropriate social distancing, the virus is here to stay, love it or hate it!

DarkOwnt
12-13-2021, 03:43 AM
Hey Drskmishra

For mixing colours I suggest you look at this vid

https://youtu.be/TNB3XY67Q-I

In fact DrawMixPaint is an excellent resource for real media realist painting.

Drskmishra
02-01-2022, 01:07 AM
Been putting in great deal of efforts to learn colour mixing, have tried this one! Shadows, snow and trees. Looks pretty average! Seeking suggestions from all please

DarkOwnt
02-02-2022, 03:17 AM
I like your colors. What medium are you using?

samet42
02-02-2022, 03:37 AM
I'm new here too, I just joined you :)

Drskmishra
02-02-2022, 06:21 AM
Colours? Acrylic! Burnt Sienna, blue, white. Been doing digital painting, was so easy to pick colours! Here you have to create colours and it's going to take me a hundred years to learn the basics I guess! But I'm not giving up!

DarkOwnt
02-02-2022, 10:48 AM
Did you check out the video? Are you using oils or acrylics?

Drskmishra
02-02-2022, 05:49 PM
Yes,yes, I did and thanks so much for the link. Plenty of things to learn, its going to be a long way!

DarkOwnt
02-04-2022, 10:33 AM
Glad you found it useful!

Drskmishra
03-31-2022, 06:24 PM
The pic I snapped is far from what I painted, nonetheless, I'm posting it just to record my progress. Been learning to mix colours all these days with variable levels of success! Seeking suggestions from all please!

DarkOwnt
04-01-2022, 03:19 AM
I like this. Well done. The colors are vibrant but not too exaggerated. It has life in a world of its own.

As long as you are exploring real media, you might want to check out this forum, although it focuses on a style which I would call "painterly" realism, I highly recommend it:

https://forum.drawmixpaint.com/

Drskmishra
04-01-2022, 07:22 AM
Thanks so much for your encouraging words, shall check the forum you suggested.

Drskmishra
04-02-2022, 06:16 PM
Reposting after final touches, please have a look, seeking suggestions from all!

Drskmishra
04-27-2022, 02:11 PM
Learning to mix colours, slowly. Going to be a long journey! Seeking suggestions from all please.

mathilde
05-13-2022, 12:10 AM
I like! Nice use of light and dark, nice understanding of shadows and highlights. Your color blending looks natural and well done.

Drskmishra
07-06-2022, 05:40 AM
Posting after a long while, all through been trying to learn colours and shadows, seeking suggestions from all please.

DarkOwnt
07-06-2022, 07:09 AM
Well done. This one has a nice rhythm. I like the variation of color in the water.

Perendale
07-06-2022, 10:53 AM
Very nice. The confusion and power in the water works well.

Brett

Drskmishra
07-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Thanks so much each one of you, I'm encouraged no end!

Drskmishra
07-20-2022, 12:23 AM
Have given it a try, any good? Looking for suggestions frm all please.

Drskmishra
07-27-2022, 12:53 AM
Please see my new painting, thanks

DarkOwnt
07-27-2022, 01:45 AM
Very nice. Again the colors and the rhythm are very pleasing.

Enug
07-27-2022, 04:37 AM
Have you changed from digital to traditional media?

Drskmishra
07-27-2022, 01:31 PM
Yes, yes, since last year only. And it's been a challange to learn mixing colours. Still learning, and it seems to be a long journey ahead! Thanks for taking a look at my work!

ukyo895
07-30-2022, 12:57 PM
I am not a seasoned artist at all, but I really like the highlights and colors you used. Excellent job! I would have gone for a lighter blue for the sky or used the blur tool to make it less prominent, just my two cents.

Drskmishra
07-30-2022, 04:56 PM
Thanks so much for your advice, as I said I'm still learning the colours and it sure will take a long time to get anywhere close!

Drskmishra
08-29-2022, 07:31 PM
Please have a look at this painting

Enug
08-30-2022, 02:12 AM
Very nice, did you use ArtRage?

Drskmishra
08-31-2022, 04:52 PM
No no, ma'am, it's acrylic on canvas paper! Last year, I finally shifted to the real thing paint, brush and all.

Drskmishra
12-29-2022, 01:43 AM
Have given it a try after a long, getting to learn acrylic colours, shadows and trees. Seeking suggestions from all please.

wkawhoosh
12-29-2022, 02:54 AM
Really nice work

Drskmishra
01-31-2023, 07:06 PM
Really nice work
Thanks for your kind words

Drskmishra
01-31-2023, 07:26 PM
Have given it yet another try, any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.

wkawhoosh
01-31-2023, 08:57 PM
Really good work.

Drskmishra
02-19-2023, 12:01 AM
Please see my new painting

Enug
02-19-2023, 01:59 AM
The painting is lovely but as it's not digital I don't understand why you post on this site. This is an ArtRage forum for digital work. Good luck with your art and I hope you find a group better suited to your media.:)

Perendale
02-20-2023, 11:41 AM
Very fine painting!

Brett