PDA

View Full Version : Fashmir's Sketch Book

Fashmir
05-05-2006, 06:19 PM
I needed a thread to dump stuff into that I don't want to create new threads for, so here it is. Some are sketches that will not go any further, some are seeds of ideas and some might be works in progress. If I didn't sign the image it is because it was a close approximation of another artists work done as a study of the tools.

Fashmir
05-05-2006, 06:20 PM
and more...

Fashmir
05-05-2006, 06:22 PM
still more...

Fashmir
05-05-2006, 06:23 PM
yet more...

ENCHANTER
05-05-2006, 06:36 PM
whos been a busy boy?.....i my favourite is the undersea shipwreck :)

Fashmir
05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Gotta go to bed now. Here's another from a web photo.

AndyRage
05-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Locker, Resting Place, and African Mist are just astounding. The others are merely brilliant each in their own way ;)

It's very cool to have a 'brain dump' here. Thanks for sharing them!

drzeller
05-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Great stuff. I hope this reads correctly... I'm glad that not everything you create is a "masterpeice" and that you seem to play around with simpler pieces as well. I often wonder if several of the contributors here ever make the simpler, learning or casual drawings that us normal folks do.

That said there are couple in there that I added to me inspirational drawing folder... yet again.

Thanks for sharing.

D.

Blanusia
05-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Very cool stuff! Thanks for sharing! My favourite is the shipwreck and I love the purple princess as well :lol:

All the best!

David M
05-06-2006, 03:42 AM
Fashmir, I'm absolutely in awe of your talents. What a range of styles, and mastery in each one!

From the Fractured Fairytales look, to these incredible undersea and moody-forest scenes....

Wow, and double-wow. I trust you won't mind if I erect a shrine to your amazing talents....

DMerchen
05-06-2006, 04:05 AM
That is quite a range of subjects and styles. They are all quite good. I am absolutely in awe! Is that one of the stock papers used on the shoreline path? Love the texture.

maror
05-06-2006, 04:30 AM
huhhh lot of styles.....

like the shorepath and the african mist very much....

go on

maror

Fashmir
05-06-2006, 05:57 AM
ENCHANTER- Heh, I have been busy but some of that stuff is from several months ago.

AndyRage- I hoped you might enjoy seeing more of my practice stuff. Thanks.

drzeller- Heh, I am normal folks. :wink: I think some of the most important stuff we can do as artists *is* the simple quick stuff. Without the experience generated by these kind of excercises the big tasks are not able to exist on a solid foundation. I'm glad you enjoy. Thanks for the comments.

Blanusia- Thanks. I enjoyed working on the shipwreck especially because of the blue tones. I may do a more developed shipwreck at some point. The purple princess is a test of the tools in ArtRage from back in February or March. I was *heavily* inspired by the image below.

David M- I am gratified of course that you like my imagery. I think that it is important not to go too far in glorifying a human being though. If you must build a shrine let it be a shrine to art itself, and to the potential for positive human connections that it can generate. Thanks for the love. :D

DMerchen- Thanks for posting a response. The paper on the shoreline path image is one that I created using a program called DarkTree. It is a very powerful procedural texture generating program that I had the pleasure to participate in the Beta cycles of the first couple of versions from the mid 1990s. www.darksim.com I am thinking of starting a repository of papers that I have created so you all can download them for yourselves. Still working out how to deliver it though the archive can get quite large. :wink:

maror- Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will post more.

pentool
05-06-2006, 07:14 AM
I think Fashmir should have his own little gallery section here...

eminsayin
05-06-2006, 09:29 AM
I like your style..me,my brother and my father have been seeing them..they found them strange and they say "he is very sensitive.."

bleepnik
05-06-2006, 10:50 AM
"Oh look, a new one by Fashmir, let's see..."
"Well. That's interesting. Love the swirlies. Oooh, there's more loveliness posted below."

/me sees number of images and faints.

Will return to comment properly later. Must process.

- Gita =]

Fashmir
05-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Here's another quick splat. I kind of like him. :)

vulturemullet
05-25-2006, 07:11 PM
I really Love the triangle tree, i dont know what draws me to that one.. I really like all of them and basically anything you do on here lol.. I would love to have the underwater sunken ship one hanging in my room haha.. very stunning work..

thesleepless
05-25-2006, 07:23 PM
ahh so much cool stuff! i love the cute little people and some of the more atmospheric ones like the african mist one and the underwater one, keep them coming

cym
05-25-2006, 10:07 PM
David, I enjoyed this glimpse into your "sketchbook" so much. Hands down my favorite is "Resting Place". When I think about it, it has the same quality of emotion for me that the little guy sitting on the pillars has. (One of your previous works). Thanks for sharing all these, I will be "art dump-ster diving" here!

bleepnik
05-25-2006, 11:01 PM
*giggle* Okay, I love the quick splat. He looks like he's just been admonished not to touch something. And upon hearing that, this devilish grin sneaks across his face as he rebelliously raises a talon, poised to disobey. Priceless! =]

- Gita

Divian
05-26-2006, 12:44 AM
I really love the style of: "Rapunzel.jpg"

tony
05-26-2006, 02:39 AM
:shock: Wow Fashmir, what a lovely varied collection of interesting and amazing pieces of art work you have produced. You are incredibly talented artist Fashmir, simply brilliant. Regards,Tony :)

bearblue1
05-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Fun, wonderful stuff! :) I am thrilled by these images.

ENCHANTER
05-26-2006, 10:44 AM
agree with everyone..........so much brilliance!
:)

cartoon
05-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Wow!!! Fashmir, that's soo amazing!!!
I really like your artwork.
Thanks for sharing.

Ian

Fashmir
05-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks all for your replies. I'm just about to fall asleep so sorry for the brief response. Here's hoping I can make it up to you for not replying individually by leaving you with tonights doodle.

vulturemullet
05-26-2006, 09:09 PM
wow i love the dragon, almost like a cloud or haze in the sky, but then visualizing it as living is really cool.. haha sorry my imagination gets outta hand sometimes lol.. nice glowing effect from the crescent too..

drzeller
05-27-2006, 02:42 AM
Tha cloud dragon is very cool. I happened to remind me of the Disney ads where teh characters appear in the background drawn with clouds. Yours obviously has a different feel/tone, though!

I'd love to see more of this type in the future.

D.

NewCube
05-27-2006, 04:23 AM
Nice moon *ahem* Upturned glass on the tablet? Try that on a Cintiq!!

AndyRage
05-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow, lovely and ethereal. How did you do the circle?

ENCHANTER
05-27-2006, 12:29 PM
chasing the dragon!
as it heads towards the darkside of the moon!

:lol:

love it

Fashmir
05-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks all. Heh, I did the crescent using only the mouse and heavily oversized airbrush, a few clicks in place, oversized crayon, a click in place, and an oversized eraser several clicks offset. The vapor is pretty much all chalk on 0% roughness paper and around 20% pressure. The stylus is pretty nescessary for this technique. Just kept changing up the size of the chalk and "whispering" with the stylus in semi-circular strokes and straight dabs. I did a little drybrushing with the oil brush to blend a little but the effect was mostly done with the chalk.

Fashmir
05-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Anticipating the upcoming Superman movie. What can I say I'm a geek. :)

vulturemullet
05-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Wow thats is so cool looking even if i didnt know it was superman related haha.. i thought it was halo or something to that degree, but the clouds look amazing as well as the fire on the tip.. very smooth lines too.

bleepnik
05-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh no! The little impish dragon touched what he wasn't supposed and exploded, didn't he. :p Thanks for sharing your technique with us, that's very cool.

- Gita

Fashmir
05-28-2006, 10:14 AM
I modified and reloaded the above. I wanted it to punch through a very high layer revealing blue and light.

Aged P
05-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Brilliant Fashmir,
And if you rotate it , every variation also looks great!

drzeller
05-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Very Cool, Fashmir!

Great cloud work, also.

D.

AndyRage
05-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh those clouds just rock! Awesome!

ENCHANTER
05-28-2006, 03:14 PM
:) so is that how you came to earth? :)

i wonder if kryptonite stops your super artistic powers :wink:

Weeks
05-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi Fashmir :)

Very "pre-prod" ... Did you work for them... :wink:

Very nice rendering..

Weeks

maror
05-29-2006, 03:46 AM
:shock: uhh great! I love such dynamic scenes very much! How have you done the clouds? Airbrush?

Thx for level me up :twisted:

maror

friendly
05-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Fasmir,
You have a wonderful variation of stye.
I was especially "drawn" to "The Locker" & "Pitcher Plant"!

Disaster Master
05-31-2006, 03:54 AM
This should be, also, posted here and every where Fashmir might be available.

I can't find any words that express my feelings, only WOW
That is painting.
I can paint a landscape and Van Gogh as beginner :lol: but this is the real thing.
When I go to the museum ,I don't look at abstract and related.
Everyone can paint like that (my opinion)
I only look at the real paintings , artists that can paint in such detail
that the person ,animal or whatever is almost coming to life.

That is what I see in this painting, the details are just amazing.
I hope in the future that I can paint 5% of the capability you showing here!

This is just the TOP !

Johan

yes, this is the real real real – for triple- work.
Fashmir,
I do not know if this is your real photo , but by all the means of truth, you are very professional and what you draw is always very special . and you cannot be just an ordinary digitally painter like the others here or there.

Fashmir , you are very exceptional case.

Disaster Master.

Marvolo
06-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey uncle i really like Pitcher-Plant.jpg, The-Locker.jpg for the color/detail combo. The-Resting-Place.jpg is really cute i like it lots :D
the Draconis-Cirrus.jpg is reallly cool im gonna get working on this program ASAP hopeful being related i have some talent :D
i really like the fire in Kal-El's-Arrival.jpg

~Marvolo~

ka
06-03-2006, 09:05 AM
these purple moutains go right to my heart.so quite so sweet its difficult to do "simple" works great!!ka

Fashmir
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks y'all for the responses. You are all very kind. Here is a doodle with chalk and a couple of Sweedie's new grains.

Marvolo
06-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Hehe i looks like an icy, yummy :D

~Marvolo~

turtlemock
06-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Love your dump. I like "African Mists" should be done as a wallpaper.

Trekguy73
06-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Wow, you have a great gift. Keep the great work coming.

I am super impressed :shock:

Alan 8)

ENCHANTER
06-07-2006, 10:06 AM
the world...is just a great big ice cream! :)

ka
06-09-2006, 06:00 AM
hello, fashmir, I put a little time to answer why my baby absorbs me so much!!but I thank to you, I am proud that you chose my Japanese
dream for your"galerie".for the effects I come from traditional painting
and I acknowledge I serve myself of the stylet of same way..your
work on this bloody plant on green bottom a pure wonder of etrangeté
and pictorial art, it is very expressive tu have a freedom of style
that I admire.the life is wide why be satisfied with small a
piece!??have a nice day ka

Selby
06-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Fashmir this is amazing-i feel a bit rude sneaking in to look at all this cool art ..i feel a curator will soon be running up to ask why i didnt pay the cover fee for the exhibition :) I love all these pieces and today my favourite is Davey Jones 'Locker'

<contented sigh>

Selby

Fashmir
07-19-2006, 05:43 AM
My thanks for the kind words. I've been very busy again and haven't had much time to post or comment. I want to remain among you though so I'll make an effort to post more. Here's a sketch.

Marvolo
07-19-2006, 05:45 AM
Pretty :D good job uncle

ENCHANTER
07-19-2006, 05:58 AM
crater.....wow! hope to see more stuff asap :wink:

drzeller
07-19-2006, 06:02 AM
Welcome back, Fashmir... and Marvolo, too!

Nice crater... is part of something else you are preparing for?

D.

Aged P
07-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Beautiful!

I like the way that zig zag track gives scale to the crater.

Selby
07-19-2006, 11:09 AM
gulp :shock: fantastic one-so dramatic..you can sense the action even though its long over...and the light...your so good with light.

Selby

tony
07-20-2006, 02:48 AM
:) Hi Fashmir, I once again enjoyed your picture dump, I will say it again not only are you a wonderful artist but your scope and imagination know no bounds. The different styles are simply amazing and thanks once again for sharing them with us.Regards,Tony :)

Fashmir
07-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Marvolo- Thanks kiddo. Nice to bump into you on the forum again. :)

ENCHANTER- Thanks. It's a sketch of the Barringer impact crater near Winslow AZ. Wouldn't want to be near when a rock that big hit the planet surface.

drzeller- Thanks. Nope it's not a prep sketch. I was just looking through my massive image archive in the (geological marvels section) and had an urge to do a color sketch of the crater. Really just another exercise.

AgedP- Thanks. I find your images of vast spaces inspiring.

Selby- Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy the challenges of light very much.

Tony- It's always a pleasure to hear from you. Thanks.

Here's another sketch from tonight. I hardly use real graphite pencils anymore since I found ArtRage. :)

Selby
07-20-2006, 06:05 PM
if i didnt know better id swear you sketched this with graphite and water colour sitting in the midst of an african jungle somwhere- i love that you can make it look so convincingly like traditional media ...feel im peeping in your artists journal from a safari into little known and remote forests where you are acomanying a research team as their natural history illustrator..probly your wearing a pith helmet

Selby

Fashmir
07-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Selby- Thanks for that wonderful flight of fancy. I used to dream of exactly such expeditions as a boy. I think I would feel right at home in a pith helmet with a drawing pencil in one hand and binoculars in the other. :) Perhaps one day.

Here's another trip to Africa.

Selby
07-20-2006, 09:58 PM
hurrah for Fashmir we're off to africa again tonight :D ..thankyou i shall deam of safaris

....i used to think about those adventures as a little girl too...and i was going to be a adventurer and a cowboy and a number of other careers as well including but not limited to ballet dancer( prima ballerina of course) and fireman and all kinds of stuff...dont know where i quite thought id have time for all that :? ..but i guess that the best bit of imagining ..you Can cram 50 careers into a daydreamed childhood

Selby

ENCHANTER
07-21-2006, 07:19 AM
i wonder if i can lug my 800mhz, desktop pc into the jungle with artrage installed and draw from life, :wink:

wonderful digital sketches!

:D

Fashmir
07-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Selby- I still dream of these things I guess. I plan to travel one day and take a camera with me. Then head back to the home studio and have more adventures of the mind.

ENCHANTER- That would be awesome. Thanks.

Here's my (overley long) lunch break for today.

ENCHANTER
07-21-2006, 10:23 AM
I LOVE THE AFRICAN SUNSET,.....AND THE GIRAFFE SKETCHES, i guess going to the local zoo and taking pics doesnt have the same impact of emotion, as going on a picture safari , to see the animals in their natural enviroment...... :) .....hopefully when everything settles for me, im going to do that :D

Aged P
07-21-2006, 10:25 AM
At this instant Enchanter and I are pretty well sitting on the GMT line. Which means that either Selby or Fashmir is an insomniac!

Absolutely gorgeous picture. The gracefulness has been captured so well.
Congratulations David!

Fashmir
07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
ENCHANTER- Thanks for commenting. I am liking the sunset too. I can't afford to travel to Africa and take my own photos but there are a great many photos of the environment online. I CAN afford to go to the Portland Zoo across the river in Oregon and take my own photos of the animals. Then I can use both as reference. By the time I settle down to do a full blown painting it becomes very much my own. Still... I would love to go to Africa.

Aged P- My posts of the gorillas and cheetas ended in the late evening (I think close to midnight Pacific time) and the giraffes and this post are a part of my day. Ohhhhh Sellllllby! Are you getting enough sleep sweet lady? :) Thanks for the kind words Phil.

Here's another wildlife painting.

Selby
07-21-2006, 05:00 PM
love the latest safari and the wading bird

you said
I still dream of these things I guess. I plan to travel one day and take a camera with me. Then head back to the home studio and have more adventures of the mind...yes so do i but now i dont really expect to make my living from being the sugarplum fairy in "The Nutcracker Suite" or a cowboy :) but i dream all the time

as for being an insomniac AgedP and Fashmir never fear -I come on the forum early when i get up at 7am my time and have my coffee with my soulfood art for starting the day and then i often look in again before bed at 10ish or so and sometimes at lunch if i can and im home...i only sometimes flaunt my bedtime and come on at silly hours..but then so do both of you.

im at Syney NSW time which is GMT +10 and as i write its 2pm on fri..so you can see im good as gold...i think its just that as fashmir finishes his day i start mine and vise versa

Selby

tony
07-22-2006, 12:51 AM
:) :shock: Hi Fashmir, just seen your latest animal safari and bird painting.WOW, Not only do I admire your artistic repertoire but added to this is your talent to produce so many gems in next to no time. You are an amazing artist Fashmir.Regards,Tony :)

ENCHANTER
07-22-2006, 05:55 AM
As i scrolled up the wading bird came up and i thought it was still from a documentary !! :D

emremeydan
07-22-2006, 10:55 AM
I'll just leave a "wow" here for all your past and future works :D

Are you doing these latest animal studies as a preparation for a painting (Noah's ark? :D ), or just for fun/self-improvement?

emre

AndyRage
07-22-2006, 11:36 AM
That crater is a high-impact picture. :D
Okay, bad joke. Fantastic picture.

Love seeing your animal studies as well. You really capture the essence of each animal.

Fashmir
07-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Selby- Keep dreaming, it keeps people young. So does sleep which I'm glad your getting plenty of. :)

Tony- You are always so kind. These practice images are fun to do and help to hone my skills. I don't know if they are gems but I'm glad you like them.

ENCHANTER- Thanks. The image I used as reference may well have come from that kind of endeavor.

emremeydan- I would love to paint Noah's Ark (writes note to self) but these are just practice and enjoyment with subjects I find interesting. Thanks.

AndyRage- Thanks. That was a fine joke, I'm glad I made an impression. Heh.
I started with animals about 35 years ago and I guess I'm still fascinated by them.

Here is a quick safari.

ENCHANTER
07-23-2006, 11:24 PM
oh i like this painting with bold brushwork, ....... hope you dont mind me saying, im not 100 % sure ....but that lion looks taller than the average lion(not that, ive seen that many lions around London :D )..................its just spotted me on an animal safari and i think i should slowly back off............ cya later :D

Fashmir
07-24-2006, 04:03 AM
im not 100 % sure ....but that lion looks taller than the average lion

I think so too. My reference image didn't go down very far on the legs and I was speed painting, which for me has few rules one of which is 'just paint it quick and fix later'. When the 30 min bell rings- it's done. I might do a revision if I get time. Thanks for the kind words.

ENCHANTER
07-24-2006, 05:21 AM
ah that explains it, thanks for the explanation :)

Selby
07-24-2006, 09:59 AM
aww hes so neat Fashmir- i think hes all cross cause someone has disturbed his afternoon nap..you really got that lean and hungry look well...i think hes sizing me up for a snack

Selby

Fashmir
07-24-2006, 05:48 PM
ENCHANTER- Thanks for keeping me on my toes. Here's a quick (lazy) fix. :wink:

Selby- Thanks. I wouldn't let him eat you. He's actually just cranky at me for messing up his proportions. :lol:

bleepnik
07-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Wow, I missed quite a bit. Let's see... that crater is err.. rockin'. =] Seriously, the depth of that image, wow. It's my favourite of the new uploads, with the giraffe studies and the avocet silhouette close behind.

.g

Fashmir
07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks G.

Here's a quick trip to west Africa.

bleepnik
07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Those creatures scare me! But they look cool as drawings. =)

.g

Aged P
07-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi David,

The Lion's face is the gem. It is so shadowed, but the hints of eye color, plus the body language, still convey his mood.

Those Mandrills have such penetrating eyes, you've captured that really well.

drzeller
07-25-2006, 05:40 AM
Nice update to the lion, and addition of the baboon, Fashmir. Glad to see you have *some* time outside your work.

D.

ENCHANTER
07-25-2006, 07:43 AM
i think that updated lion is great...looks like hes upset cos i had a go at his long legs :wink:

The Mandrill is great,

hmmmm.....a lion set out for revenge....a Mandrill.........'Akuna Matata' :wink: :D

royblumenthal
07-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Wow Fashmir! I really admire your stuff. Tons of things, loads of different styles. Most impressive. And thanks for all the advice and tutorialising on the forums. Excellent!

Blue skies
love
Roy

Selby
07-25-2006, 11:23 AM
aww the little guy is soo cute riding on his mammas back <sigh> another lovely excursion for the mind

Selby

sahal
07-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Ok... its gonna take me while to catch up with your work....
but .... WOW!!

Fashmir
07-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Gita- You are wise to be wary of them, they can be violent and have the equipment to do alot of damage. I promise my drawings won't attack though.

AgedP- Thanks Phil. I've been trying to get some quick paints in without planning or sketching, just straight to color. The lion is one such practice image. I have always been fascinated by Mandrills for their color. They are unique among mammals.

drzeller- Thanks. I do get a little time now and then, but lately and looks like for some time to come, I'm pretty busy at the studio. I've been asked to Art Direct a couple of Television commercial spots for Kellogs cereal. As with all advertising I see the lack of substantial meaning in the product I produce, but do look to the bits and parts of creative endeavor, and strive for excellence. I am considering getting a teaching degree and settling into educating and mentoring in the arts. We'll see.

ENCHANTER- Haa! I didn't think of that. Together with you (the meerkat) we just need a warthog and a few hundred heyenas- oh and a heard of wildebeest.

royblumenthal- Thanks and welcome to the forum. I have found it a place of enrichment and friendship. ArtRage is so effective as a tool that it goes beyond that and becomes a vehicle for communication and global connection.

Selby- I hoped you'ld like the little baboon hitching a ride on mom. I had a feeling you might pick that one out. :)

sahal- Thanks for commenting. I am glad you like my efforts. Having seen your contributions thus far I'd say you are doing quite well on the path you're on.

Here is another excursion into nature, this time South America.

DaveRage
07-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Oops, I missed seeing your latest works it seems. Your animal art is really engaging. The first few there have a great sketch book feel to them. The lion is great, I think you captured the pose and attitude really well.

I've not had an opportunity to see Toucans outside of documentaries. It's a bit of a dream of mine to travel the world some day to remote locations and see as many of these sorts of things I can. However, in the meantime, you've brought them to the office here really well I think! =)

bleepnik
07-28-2006, 06:18 PM
That's a beautiful toucan, Fashmir, but for a moment it freaked me out. I was scrolling down the page, reading comments, when just the top of the toucan's beak became visible. For just a brief moment, looking at the left side and therefore not really seeing its eye, I thought you had painted a *massive*, brightly-coloured beetle! *shudder*

Thanks for the beautiful bird instead. It's much, *much* nicer than a beetle. =)

.g

ENCHANTER
07-29-2006, 05:50 AM
one of my favourite animals..i always hang around the toucans cage longer than some other birds, when i go to the zoo, that bill is amazing, and they are so adept at using that mean looking beak :D

oh and of course a masterful painting.........

PS. When you become a teacher let me know, cos I want to be the first one to sign up for your classes!!

jacktar51
07-31-2006, 03:20 AM
Fashmir........you are very good at art.....Jack.

Weeks
07-31-2006, 05:11 AM
Fashmir, what else i can say... Mhummm..??

Bravo as always... :D

Weeks

Aged P
07-31-2006, 07:08 AM
Hi David,

You have a rare gift with animal paintings.

Perfection of work, of course, but you manage to make them look cheerful! There is such a thin line between anthropomorphising and a cartoon. You are probably the world expert at walking that line! :D
What detail did you tweak to make him look happy, the eye?

Brilliant.

jacktar51
08-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Fashmir......I was a bit bored after finishing the Harbour painting today...and started doodling.....just sketching ,with pencil and chalk...like we do........ And I found myself doing a kind of talisman.....With your name on it ....sometimes things just happen like this......I messed around with it a lot.... and it eventually came out like this.... So I thought you might like to see it..........Jack,.

Selby
08-03-2006, 01:13 PM
delcious tocan so colourfull and watching me with his beady eye to make sure i manintain decorum and dont tweak his tailfeathers :)

Selby

Fashmir
08-03-2006, 07:58 PM
DaveRage- Thanks I'm glad you like the animals. I find them fascinating. Human beings tend to think of animals as being less than we are which makes sense from many points of view. I believe they have much to teach us that we have lost. Uh... not hygiene though. :lol:

Gita- Thanks. Sorry I keep freaking you out with my animals. If I post anymore arthropods I'll put them in a seperate thread so you can avoid them. :)

ENCHANTER- I like seeing them at the zoo as well. As for teaching, I think I would enjoy it very much. I think I may be too busy at the moment being a student.

Jacktar- Wow in response to both your posts just... wow. I am very touched at your words *and* deeds. I may have to consider getting that tooled in metal and mounted on my sporran. I don't pretend to know what would compell you to create such a gift, but I will never forget how it felt to see it come scrolling into view. I have never felt honored in this way before now. May I use it as a personal emblem? I am deeply touched. Thank you.

Weeks- You are always good to me. :)

Phil- I am grateful that you are enjoying my animals. I made no concious effort to make a cheerful tucan. I have to believe that what you are seeing in my work is both the intuition of my stream of conciousness as I work, and a reflection of what is in you. Thanks for commenting.

Selby- I have a feeling that if there are any human beings that a tucan would trust, it just might be you. You are among the most sweet spirited people I have yet to meet through this world of typed text. I'm really glad you're here.

My friends I wish I had another image to offer tonight. All my ArtRaging for the last many days is under non-disclosure contracts and at the moment I'm too tired to stay up any longer. I'll post something again soon. Thanks for the love.

maror
08-03-2006, 08:22 PM
oh no! i just realised that i have missed your stuff for a long time :(
good sketches and very nice tucan. Good luck for your next image...

Greez & best wishes

Maror

bleepnik
08-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Fashmir, you don't need to start a buggy thread on my account. I would look anyway. Even in real life I have to peer at them while trying not to shudder. Morbid fascination, I guess.

Besides, even the most eek-inducing subject matter can be made beautiful by your brush strokes.

.g

ENCHANTER
08-04-2006, 08:29 AM
ENCHANTER- I like seeing them at the zoo as well. As for teaching, I think I would enjoy it very much. I think I may be too busy at the moment being a student.

I think i would enjoy teaching too..so...........im going to university in September for a teacher training course...i think you guys in the States call it elementary level..thats the age range i chose to teach...........so there i am going to be a student too.....since ive been working and having a income...............cince i left university 12 years ago.........its going to be scary and exciting at the same time!

hope your doing well,
hope to see more *wonderful* paintings soon :D

Fashmir
09-02-2006, 05:19 PM
It's been a while since I've posted anything. I did a quick sketch of a baby Black Rhino today. I've been mourning the West African Black Rhino since late July when I read a report that they are presumed extinct. The Black Rhino in particular has been my favorite of the several Rhino species since I was nine or ten years of age. I began a zoological study at around ten and have been in awe of the animal kingdom since. It grieves me deeply that humanity has brought these magnificent creatures down to dust.

[Edited for emphasis.]

Levent Suberk
09-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Fashmir, all of these paintings are excellent. :)

Mary
09-03-2006, 08:26 AM
aaahhhh...just stumbled on this thread....what a feast for the eyes. Here's my two-cents worth for my favorites....

Love the Shoreline-Path vignette for it's texture & realism

African-Mist is a beautiful blue foggy mist full of depth and mystery

The-Resting-Place ..... so imaginative .....but kinda creepy LOL :wink:

But I guess I have to pick Triangle-Tree as my favorite because it is just different.
Love the texture and the mood it creates that I can't quite describe.

jacktar51
09-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Fashmir......David.. you are getting difficult to find and we cant have that so I'm bringing your page forward.....so I can find you easier....and so can everyone else as well, I trust and hope that all went well for you ,at the big meeting????????Hope we will all hear from you soon,I know you have been very busy.....Jack.

Bumble
09-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Thank You Jacktar for bringing these forward,......and Fashmir Your work is amazing I really enjoyed looking through these. My favourite is the shoreline path....just brilliant :) :)

Fashmir
10-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I thought I would add a few images to the stack and I found a couple of postings I had missed.

Levent Suberk- Thanks for the encouragement.

Mary- You are sweet. Thanks for the nice words.

Jack- I don't know where you are and I'm worried about you. I hope you are enjoying a nice holiday somewhere and just forgot to tell your friends here at the ArtRage forum. Thanks for thinking of moving my image stack up in the lists that was kind.

Bumble- Thanks for your response. I am delighted you enjoy my sketches. I have been enjoying your images as well. I love the frosty roses.

Here are some images I've done but not yet posted. I did these over the summer mostly.

Selby
10-01-2006, 11:51 PM
hurrah I've just finnished dinner so this must be dessert :D

mother earth connection is a beautiful way of seeing and belongs in a public place to remind people. and the baby okapi and warthog are fantastic...i can just imagine the warthog with a big goofy grin going for a dust bath.

Selby

Fashmir
10-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Here are some more.

Fashmir
10-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Selby- Wow I'm still posting my sketches and here you've already replied. Thanks for that. :D

Here are some more. These are more sobering (even the cartoony one) and are reactions to the political changes I am seeing in the USA.

Selby
10-02-2006, 12:21 AM
..yes sorry about that..i think its like running in and tasting the cake before its baked :D

more lovelies

love the slick reflections on the table in the Nautilis planning room.

Feisty rhino remind me of a puppy..but i dont think hed play fetch

Devins underdark is fantastic...i imagine it as a cool and refreshing place to be with the light playing on the walls from the bio rings

and i think your political ones are right on the eyes in the oubliette are very powerfull...''the times they are a changing''

Selby

AndyRage
10-02-2006, 12:22 AM
wow - powerful stuff.

I think Oubliette is my favourite. ( I was going to say I forget which is my favourite... )

ENCHANTER
10-02-2006, 01:43 AM
wonderful wonderful wonderful

so is that last pic...inside of your head? :)

florida girl
10-02-2006, 02:44 AM
Fashmir,
This was a really good idea to group all the images together.
A very nice gift to all of us.

I especially enjoyed your sketches of the animal kingdom.
We have much to learn from them. They are instinctively wise., sometimes more than humans, who are suppose to be their guardians.
You have honored them well.

Kind regards,
FG 8)

Fashmir
10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Selby- You can always taste the cake before it's baked. Thanks for commenting.

Andy- Thanks for looking in.

ENCHANTER- Thanks. Yes that last pic emerged from my subconcious. The unexplored contents of my mind range from rapturous to abysimal. I'm sure the same is true of all of us.

FG- Thanks for the kind words. I like the animals too. I have enjoyed your animals of late. Thanks for posting them.

Here is a flight of whimsy.

ENCHANTER
10-08-2006, 10:27 PM
will they ever get there? :D

Selby
10-08-2006, 10:44 PM
goodness :shock: thats amazing.....infintley big and small at the same time....and a great choice of colours for a long journey

Selby

speggie
10-09-2006, 02:32 AM
wow .....looked away for a minute or two and now find you have posted lots of great new images fashmir ..........love the latest .....bet that mule is real tired ? looks a heavey load he's pulling there ..................could be subconcious matey .....you need to take a break and chill out a bit .....hee

Levent Suberk
10-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Fashmir, excellent works again....

Fashmir
10-20-2006, 06:33 PM
ENCHANTER- It's the journey not the destination... right? Unless of course the destination is a lounge chair and a nice cold beverage.

Selby- Thanks. I like playing with scale.

speggie-
looks a heavey load he's pulling there ..................could be subconcious matey .....you need to take a break and chill out a bit .....hee

Mate I can't even tell you how right you are! Thanks for empathizing.

Levent- Thanks for that.

Here is one I did today. I'm in one of my darker moods but I tried to keep from going completely abysmal.

D Akey
10-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Has a rather medieval flair. Straight to the bone. What's the message?

Ever see 'Fantastic Planet'? Old animation. Sorta reminds me of a character in it.

Selby
10-21-2006, 01:06 AM
no no really i promise to be good i'll go t bed right away :wink:

this is a powerfull image fashmir if not a peaceful one

Selby

heikki
10-21-2006, 10:20 AM

Fashmir, Bone sampler. Excellent idea and work. And name also, bone sampler. :D

Peter Pinckney
10-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi Fashmir,

your work is amazing..................I particularly like The Resting Place .........it's fantastic.
Thanks for sharing them
best to you
Peter Pinckney

ENCHANTER
10-22-2006, 08:18 AM
what is that?? :shock:
hmmm..........you must have been having sleepless nights.....to come up with your latest pieces.........

wonderful and twisted :D

Fashmir
01-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Late response to:

D Akey
Sleby
heikki
Peter Pickney
and
Enchanter

Thanks for the responses to the "Bone Shambler"
I did see "Fantastic Planet" years ago. I was somewhat inebriated at the time so while I recall the experience was singularly unique and 'fantastic' I recall few details... to my shame.

Here's a quick (a little over an hour) image of an American Bison. It's been a while since I've posted and I thought it time to take up the practice once again.

jacktar51
01-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi David.... nice to see a post from you again...actually to be honest that bone shambler caught my eye again.....it has something about it that one... that makes me want to keep going back to look at it again... nice one...Jack...

Galrim
01-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow, wow, wow and again WOW! Great works... especialli I like Oubliette... it's like fallen knight, when God talks to him :D Very very nice :] Gratz!

ENCHANTER
01-30-2007, 12:42 PM
great to see you again........youve captured the wooliness of the fur....... cool :)

Lee
01-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Dear Fashmir, thanks for the wonderful show!!! 'Giraff' is my favorite,,,no, maybe 'black rhino', no, maybe 'princess', no maybe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ulmo
01-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Fashmir, your art is amazing. Ireally like Connection to Mother Earth, and all the sketches of different animals are excellent. Good Work!
-Ulmo

AndyRage
01-30-2007, 06:46 PM
There is definitely a madness to the Bone Shambler that appeals to me. That and the fact that it's brilliantly drawn, of course!

Selby
01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
hehe what a cutie he is..looks like a young bison..think its his eyes...he looks a friendly tyke

Selby

Peter Pinckney
01-31-2007, 03:18 AM
Hi Fashmir,

I posted this once somewhere in reply to something you posted.............it's a song I wrote that seems to match your mood of political disillusion ............the song title is "High Time" and the link is:http://www.isound.com/aubrey_small

See if you agree!

Love the bison!

Best to you

Peter

waheednasir
01-31-2007, 08:20 AM
good work fashmir...and this American Bison is just wonderful...:).

Fashmir
02-02-2007, 10:58 AM
jacktar51- Hey Jack, thanks for commenting on "The Bone Shambler". I like that one too. I want to explore in that direction some more as I have time.

Galrim- Thanks for the kind words, nice to meet you.

ENCHANTER- Hey good to see you too and thanks.

Lee- I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. :)

Ulmo- Thanks, I've been thinking the Connection to Mother Earth image could be kind of fun on a T-shirt, like one of those tie dyed earthy colored shirts.

AndyRage-
There is definitely a madness to the Bone Shambler ... It seems to be so. I'll tell you... ArtRage is GOOD therapy.

Selby- Thanks for looking in. The reference I used was a young one. :)

Peter Pinckney- I checked out the tune and you are right, it is expressive of some of my own thoughts. Thanks for that.

waheednasir- Thanks.

Here is another quick image. This one is an analog for the battles with depression that I face from time to time. I was thinking of synaptic dysfunction and have titled it, "Here it comes again".

jvolkel
02-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Fashmir - Looks like you had fun doing these. I like the undersea shipwreck the best, nice murky feel.

D Akey
02-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Great concept drawing of the Monstrosity of Demylination.

Fashmir
02-02-2007, 02:14 PM
jvolkel- Thanks, yes I do have fun in ArtRage, I appreciate you checking in and commenting.

D Akey- Wow, I had to look that up. That is indeed a terrible thing. Thanks for the comment.

Here's another couple doodles.

Selby
02-02-2007, 05:37 PM
wow more neat ones Fashmir...you made viral complaint look like a beautiful nebula :) ...and i think you captured here it comes again really well...a unpoular but well recognised aquaintance of mine

Selby

ENCHANTER
02-03-2007, 07:40 AM

the little virus thing looks something out of the coral reef, and the worm guy is wonderful!

AndyRage
02-03-2007, 09:37 AM
These three latest are all wonderful.

jacktar51
02-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Fashmir... your skills are showing........three nice sketches....Jack.

marian
02-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for sharing your diverse talent !
Amazing art !

Levent Suberk
02-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Dear Fashmir, all are very nice, but Bison is excellent. 8)

Fashmir
02-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Selby- Thanks. Sorry to hear that depression is an acquaintance of yours too.

ENCHANTER- Thanks man.

AndyRage- Thanks for checking in on these.

Jack- Thanks for coming in on this one Jack.

marian- Nice to meet you. Thanks.

Levent Suberk- I'm glad you like the Bison so well.

Here is a quick sketch of Alphonse Mucha. I have admired his work since first encountering it.

Selby
02-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi Fashmir-they say you lean something new every day-today my thing was learning who mucha was.....thanks for a good portrait to admire and a expanding of my art horizons :)

Selby

Fashmir
02-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Selby- I'm glad to be the one to introduce you to Mucha. An honor indeed.

Selby
02-06-2007, 07:09 PM
wow the strangest thing happened....i was in a card shop this arvo and they had a new stand of blank greeting cards with beautiful illustrated covers...and guess who the artist was ? ...oh yes in a bit of very nice synchronicity it was Mucha :D ....neat huh

Selby

Fashmir
02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Coincidence? Perhaps not. :)

Levent Suberk
02-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Dear Fashmir, portrait of Alphonse Mucha is excellent.

hanzz
02-08-2007, 05:22 AM
Mucha is one of my favorite painters. Just visited an exhibition in Belgium, impressive stuff, and huge formats ! Every so often you get a WOW day, this was certainly one of them...Good likeness, Fashmir.You've beaten me to it, I wa sin the proces of making and remaking sketches to make THE Mucha caricature....

Fashmir
07-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi all here are a couple of quickies from today.

Selby
07-25-2007, 12:41 PM
lovely Fashmir :D Im especially enjoying the Baobab tree....i can hear the animals walking across the velt to shelter under its shade.

Selby

ÄlveKatt
07-25-2007, 01:28 PM
I really like your style.

How did you do Viral complaint? I'm trying to do a nebula.

wfd
08-08-2007, 10:06 AM
In a word...WoW! You've truly inspired me to practice, prctice and practice some more.

wfd

pkson79
03-13-2008, 11:49 PM
I love this thread! wow..

ubuntu
03-25-2008, 02:33 PM
I love this stuff man! so cool! You're a great artist man.

Rain11
04-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Your work is so very amazing! Love it :D

Dany51
04-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Hi Fashmir,
I find your Bones Sampler like being fool of imagination and worked in a good technique. :)

Mirage Velondor
04-15-2008, 07:55 AM
When scrolling away from one of your pieces, my heart filled with grief, only to be replaced with the joy of finding another one.

They are all masterpieces one by one :shock: Beautiful!!!

The Oubliette is my favourite!!

cartuneman
10-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Really:) great gallery, A lot of fun stuff. Your cartoon works are my faves. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my art as well.

ENCHANTER
10-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Still loving ur sketches!

Gms9810
12-19-2012, 09:37 AM
It amazes me how simple some of those are and yet tell stories. These are very inspirational.

Starry_Eve
12-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Fashmir, I bow before your prodigious talent. I wish there was a way to see your pics in one gallery format instead of having to click through the thread replies... <sighs> Is your artwork on other forums as well?

LMBice
01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Great fun all!