PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of the Squirm

RedSaucers
01-16-2015, 11:28 AM
This is what a Squirm would look like if it was falling, and yes I have no idea what a Squirm is!

markw
01-16-2015, 11:59 AM
Well, I find it hard to believe your assertion of not knowing what a Squirm is when you have so clearly depicted the Large Northern European Blue!
As well you know I suspect!
It is well documented that as nocturnal animals, when startled by bright lights, torch light for example, they often fall from their preferred tree the Larch.:cool:

Rachelle
01-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Well done, Red!!:cool::cool::cool:

Glad you managed to capture the creature's expression. It looks clear to me that this particular one was genuinely terrified by something it considers as a major threat. After all, the Squirm has been known to rebound quite unhurt, having welll adapted to its propensity at falling off high trees; strictly falling off a Larch might not induce such a look of fright. Perhaps the ever elusive Luminescent Phweelsh is what scared him. I've only heard about it, never actually seen one. Don't they dwell near the roots of the Larch, where, in winter, their luminescence while nesting under the snow is now held responsible for the age-long legends of the Glow-In-The-Dark Snow?

Here's hoping you can also catch the Squirm in his restful state, as well his main activity (aside from falling).;)

Caesar
01-16-2015, 09:26 PM
Another impressive image! A unique and original style again.

pat1940
01-17-2015, 11:58 AM
Love your dear little creature

Bobbi
01-20-2015, 02:47 AM
Obviously, the squirm may not be as unknown as one might think. Its possible that the Sasquatch is quite fond of the squirm, what with its crunchy texture and all.

RedSaucers
01-20-2015, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the comments, I'm a little clearer on Squirmal habits.