PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird

Bobbi
01-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Spring is only 70 days away. The birds of spring will be back.

This painting was done with the gloop tool for the back ground blurred. By blurring the background it gives the bird a more 3D effect. The bird is done with stitch sticker as a brush. The stitch sticker gives the feathers a more realistic look. Glitter for the beak smoothed out with the knife. The branch is a wood textured sticker I had made some while ago. I have been using a Wacom tablet to get a more controlled texture with the stitch sticker. With all the variety of birds, I don't think I will run out of subjects.

copespeak
01-12-2015, 05:09 PM
3D indeed! What a rich little painting Bobbi, and a totally convincing bird. :cool:

RedSaucers
01-12-2015, 10:13 PM
A superb blue bird, it really does look 3D.

Enug
01-13-2015, 01:00 AM
Wow! This is the best of all the other lovelies. I really like that stitch sticker.

Caesar
01-13-2015, 01:48 AM
WOW! What a blue!

williamK
01-13-2015, 06:51 AM
Lovely. Nice to know the technique as well.

Marilyn Anne
01-13-2015, 02:05 PM
Just a perfect little blue bird.

Liquid Len
01-14-2015, 02:02 AM
The stitch sticker really is an incredibly effective tool for creating realistic texture when its used for the contour (body) feathers - I must try it myself! The 3D effect that it creates is excellent and you seem to have mastered its use here. Using the 'stitches' at the correct scale for the subject has a great deal to do with it I should think? Where it tends to be a little less convincing is on the flight feathers (wings and tail) which are more rigid, structured and clearly defined and may be better tackled with a more precise tool; same with the legs which are hard, scaly and have smooth, definite lines. I suppose it depends on the effect that you are wishing to create - realistic or not? Great work!

Bobbi
01-14-2015, 03:11 AM
The stitch sticker really is an incredibly effective tool for creating realistic texture when its used for the contour (body) feathers - I must try it myself! The 3D effect that it creates is excellent and you seem to have mastered its use here. Using the 'stitches' at the correct scale for the subject has a great deal to do with it I should think? Where it tends to be a little less convincing is on the flight feathers (wings and tail) which are more rigid, structured and clearly defined and may be better tackled with a more precise tool; same with the legs which are hard, scaly and have smooth, definite lines. I suppose it depends on the effect that you are wishing to create - realistic or not? Great work!

Len, thank you for the suggestions. I am not sure I want to have a super perfect result. Working with the stickers is an ongoing learning process. I have been working at making my own stickers to try to get more precise effects. So far, not so good. But in the meantime, I am enjoying the journey. :) Sometimes I need to get off of my current kick and go in another direction. For now I am fascinated with the results of the stitch sticker. Thank you again.

D Akey
01-14-2015, 07:18 AM
You should be extremely proud of this one. New technique mastered that knocked it out of the park! Brava! You've been very experimental with great success in several styles now. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

screenpainter
01-14-2015, 12:29 PM
fantastic! beautiful blue. a lot of intricate work on this. really pays off. love the detail of the feathers. exquisite.