PDA

View Full Version : My interpretation of O'Keeffe's Light of Iris

Victor Osaka
01-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Tried to copy her painting to learn the style. Good fun.

Caesar
01-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Marvellous!

Rachelle
01-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Hi Victor :)

I love O'Keeffe's work, and I really like your 'copy'. Well done.

D Akey
01-10-2015, 03:17 AM
You nailed it, Victor! Very O'Keefe. Feminine and organic. (not you. . . sheesh -- the style)

Well painted and you seem to have fully understood what that series was about.

Victor Osaka
01-10-2015, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys! Since I'm getting a bit better at her style, I have a particular flower in my backyard I want to paint. I just love ArtRage.

Marilyn Anne
01-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Very delicate and in interesting colors.

Victor Osaka
01-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Thank you. Her paintings hold a special place in my heart. I used a palette generator program to capture a dozen of her colours into a swatch so I could pick the colors and blend them using her original as a reference only.

D Akey
01-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Thank you. Her paintings hold a special place in my heart. I used a palette generator program to capture a dozen of her colours into a swatch so I could pick the colors and blend them using her original as a reference only.

That's cool about the palette generator. You know that you can do a few handy tricks to extract a palette in a different way:

1) AR imports pictures as palettes, not that that matters so much that it goes into that little wedge where the palette currently is, but you can also sample colors from a ref pic if you have one in your workspace.

2) you can take any pic whose color you like and in Photoshop you can use the Stained Glass filter to simplify the palette to whatever degree you like. And from that breakdown you can select some colors that you like by zooming in to where you have a few colors coming out of the same area in the source pic or whatever. It's a rich source of color schemes, certainly for those with design in mind.

Glad to see you're getting something out of that pre-planned color approach. You certainly got a great result here, I must say. Bravo to you!

With the rain your garden has to be going bonkers with color. Grab that camera to last you through all the dismally dry times. :):):):):)

copespeak
01-11-2015, 01:11 PM
A wonderful interpretation of her beautiful painting Victor. You learn so much by trying to adapt Art Rage to reflect natural media, don't you?

BillD
01-12-2015, 02:19 AM
Excellent job!!

Albert
01-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Well done. .....:cool:

screenpainter
01-14-2015, 12:43 PM
think I like yours more. beautiful.

gxhpainter2
01-15-2015, 06:17 AM
beautiful interpretation Victor, I just finished watching your Lynda.com course on iPad art... well done!.. I just got an iPad and a couple styli for it ... still trying to find my way around in ArtRage iPad version...

Victor Osaka
01-15-2015, 07:56 AM
Why, thank you GxhPainter! You are an inspiration to me! Glad you watched the course. Just started recording an ArtRage course for a company called Digital-Tutors! Yipee!