PDA

View Full Version : Abstract painting: pouring and throwing painting

Claudine
12-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Hi, :)

With abstract painting, I notice artists often pour painting or throw painting on the canvass. These effects are very interesting. I wondered if it is possible to render these technics to keep randomness and surprising results.

Thank you to share your advice and methods. :)

Slap Happy Larry
12-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Maybe make a spatter brush and put a big random offset on it?

bottledinnuendos
12-13-2014, 08:41 AM
I couldn't find anything on this site regarding this topic, but I'm a new member and had a question.. how do you go about creating your own thread? I don't want to intrude and ask my question in anyone else's thread.

Thanks. :)

copespeak
12-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I couldn't find anything on this site regarding this topic, but I'm a new member and had a question.. how do you go about creating your own thread? I don't want to intrude and ask my question in anyone else's thread.

Thanks. :)

Go to the forum main page and then choose which category you want, then up the top is start new thread, and off you go! :) :)

Re: Spattering and splashing paint around. You must practice, practice, practice with this medium, and experiment how to get random effects. It can be done!

Look for gxhpainter's work. Gary is a great example of beautiful splashes and seemingly random effects. BUT he really knows his medium. See: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?48248-Joyful-Spirit

Just have fun, play around to see what eventuates.

Claudine
12-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Thank you for these useful answers. :)

It's true, copespeak, that it is important to know perfectly the technics for all tools. I wonder too if a new tool could be made with sorts of random algorithms (?). (Thank you in advance Artrage team !)