PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Walk

BillD
12-02-2014, 05:01 AM
My first endeavor with ArtRage. A bit of a learning curve coming from traditional oils. I'm currently using a Dell Venue 11 Pro MS tablet. I'm upgrading to a Surface Pro 3 i7 soon. I'm hoping the i7 and extra 4 gig of RAM will be more efficient. The Dell's i5 freezes frequently yielding unwanted brush strokes.... LOL. Thank goodness for [Undo]. The piece is 16" x 20" on Portrait Smooth canvas, using the Winsor Newton Pallet.

Enjoy,
Bill

copespeak
12-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Welcome to Art Rage!

This has such a luscious pallet of colours, and great perspective. Well painted! :)

Enug
12-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Beautiful colours and there is such a lot to look at in the painting. I like the way you have used the brush for the foreground fir trees - is it a sticker spray brush?

Bertrude
12-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Congratulations on your first Rage :)

Such a vibrant and textured piece too. I look forward to seeing more.

Caesar
12-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Delightful colors although they look like they're from another, heavenly world.

AndreaMG
12-03-2014, 01:53 AM
Looks really good :cool:

BillD
12-03-2014, 03:20 AM
@ Enug, I used the sticker 'Fan Brush' as well as the 'Dirty S tippler', both from the Art Supplies threads. In traditional oils I would paint these textures with a #6 bristle fan, loading the paint on top of the brush, hold with paint up and flick down. It took me a bit of playing to get the same effect with AR.

I agree with the color comments, I always brush mixed my colors, which as you know, yields different hues/values with each reload. I'm still trying to prefect that approach with AR. This is a really dark piece in parts and a bit over saturated; but it's a good benchmark. I'll repaint this again after I've got some AR hours under my belt.

D Akey
12-03-2014, 10:15 AM
What a cool signature! Nice mixed media picture of course as well. Good job! And welcome. :):):):):)