PDA

View Full Version : I've got my eye on you!

copespeak
11-26-2014, 01:33 AM
I was mesmerised by YoannLori's beautiful eye for his avatar, so I pulled one off the net and had a scribble. Not up to his standard, but it was fun doing it.

BillD
11-26-2014, 01:49 AM
Subject says it all.

justjean
11-26-2014, 03:00 AM
Looks like your having fun :D

copespeak
11-26-2014, 08:17 AM
It was a late night play, and yes, I was! :) :)

D Akey
11-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Ah, one of those eyes where it's neither strictly blue nor strictly hazel. Adds a level of interest right there when the eye is looking outward at itself, at the eye. . . which of course is one of those conundrums about full self-awareness and deity and so forth in some Eastern philosophies. . . but I digress.

Meanwhile, back at the 'This was fun to paint' ranch, I think it's great. I mean you're painting it in your own style and voice which is the perfect thing for you to be doing. I mean who else are you supposed to be? And you style is really cool in this context as well as doing horses and television vikings and stuff. It's a cool style and what would be weird would be if you had it half your style and half somebody else's. It could possibly look a little uncertain of who you are as an artist and beg the question about what your vision is about. . . something you are quite clear about.

I know, I know, none of this is even part of what you're talking about, but I'm having fun now too, foaming at the mouth. ;):D:D:D:D:D

I'm quite sure it was great fun and the kick you were having with it definitely shows in the final piece. Very existential. . . I mean it looks well. . . I mean it looks great, CopeSpeak! Good job. Keep having more and more fun! Gives us some fun as well seeing your stuff.

copespeak
11-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Foaming at the mouth you might be, but I do enjoy your commentaries! :) :)

AndreaMG
11-26-2014, 09:25 AM
I do like it a lot because it's very painterly :o

byroncallas
11-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Splendid....really.

Marilyn Anne
11-26-2014, 11:20 PM
Eyes are beautiful and you captured that depth of personality that sines through.

Caesar
11-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Fantastic eye, marvellously painted ... but it doesn't look exactly like YoannLori's, LOL;):o apart from the wonderful colors and the piercing and smart look. It's rather a charming lady one I'd say.