PDA

View Full Version : Been away on holiday ----- Painting of Mildford Sound, New Zealand

koalablue
11-21-2014, 04:00 PM
I had a brilliant time in New Zealand but my favourite was Milford Sound in the Fiordland National Park.
I have tried to capture what I saw, but sadly, photographs and paintings do not do the beauty there justice.

I used AR 4.5, impasto, oils and palette knife.

Thanks for looking.

Caesar
11-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Well, but You certainly gave a good idea to anyone who saw alpine peaks in his life. Heavenly vision of a silent and majestic place where the ground and our soul raises to touch the sky!

copespeak
11-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Lovely painting Maureen. I have lovely memories of that beautiful view, having been there maybe 3 years ago. Just spectacular, and the dolphins added to the magic.

D Akey
11-22-2014, 03:40 AM
Looks glorious. What a location for a painter. I'm more than a little envious.

Great colors. :):):)

Marilyn Anne
11-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Loved it! Spent two weeks traveling around New Zealand. Lovely painting of a beautiful place!

hypotaxis
11-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Looks glorious. What a location for a painter. I'm more than a little envious.

Great colors. :):):)

Great painting of Milford!

Anytime anyone is coming to NZ, just let us know we usually have a spare bed. :-)

Brett

D Akey
11-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Great painting of Milford!

Anytime anyone is coming to NZ, just let us know we usually have a spare bed. :-)

Brett

Get out! You LIVE there? Lucky lucky lucky! Shouldn't these mountains have like hobbits and dwarves and stuff?

Very kind offer to the group. :):):):):)

hypotaxis
11-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Get out! You LIVE there? Lucky lucky lucky! Shouldn't these mountains have like hobbits and dwarves and stuff?

No, hobbits like it warm so they're not there. Dwarves, of course, are down there digging and delving. Huge piles of gold there somewhere under the mountain. But who cares, gold is so boring dahling! Yawn ... :-)

Brett