PDA

View Full Version : Challenge to Paint a Horse.

copespeak
11-20-2014, 05:40 PM
A challenge in the Facebook Australian Equine Artist Network to paint a stallion, photo taken by Ainslee Gilles.

Great fun!

Enug
11-20-2014, 06:07 PM
You are so good at these Robyn. Great sense of movement and and glossy coat. Just wonderful!

Caesar
11-20-2014, 09:35 PM
In my opinion You already won ... ;):o:cool: I don't know who may dare to enter such a contest against You ... :confused::rolleyes::D eh, eh

copespeak
11-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Thank you you two! You're so good for my soul! xx

Caesar
11-21-2014, 12:14 AM
I thank You instead, dear Robyn, for sharing Your fantastic artpieces ... and for giving me the right idea to populate my last landscape ... as You probably already discovered. LOL:o;):D

eighty+
11-21-2014, 02:33 AM
OK OK Caesar Where's the Girls you promised would be here I've a good mind to give you a right Kicking :( :(:eek: :cool::cool::cool: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D POZDRAWSKI

Caesar
11-21-2014, 03:22 AM
Dear ATPlus, :confused: You're on the wrong thread here.:p Here's Robbie's place and my autumn landscape is on my relevant thread, of course.;)

gxhpainter2
11-21-2014, 05:24 AM
What a powerful image Robyn!... and done with a deceptive simplicity ( background ) that really lets the main horse image stand out. the accuracy of the anatomy is spot on ( we expect no less from you of course :rolleyes::cool:) but as a colorist I really am drawn to two aspects. The teal green of the background and the reddish brown coat create a subtle energy and push the horse to the forground but you use of black for the mane anchors the horse into the background so you have achieve a very dynamic painting with a minimal amount of fuss... all of which I find most impressive of all..:cool::cool::cool::):):)

stevemawmv
11-21-2014, 06:30 AM
Hello Robyn...."Challenge"...It weren't a bit of trouble as I can see....Love the captured movement, flow and power of this magnificent stallion! Emailed this one and 'earlier Arab horse' painting to my daughter....She loves them!
Nicely done....
Steve

D Akey
11-21-2014, 08:02 AM
@ Copespeak: Really sleek. Gorgeous and rich color. Good anatomy. Hope you do well in the competition. Playing to your strong suit it would appear. You and animals. . .

@ Mr Ploos: Nice caricature of Caesar. A stallion in search of a nice centaur girl. . . or two or three. . . Love the look in his eye, hahaha.

copespeak
11-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Ha ha! I love your equine interpretation! Very funny and lovely. he's going in my 'Eighty File'.

Thank you Steve, I am delighted you liked my work enough to send it to your daughter. :) :)

Yes, Mr Akey and Gary, thank you. The colours do work together to give it a lot of 'punch' and the black behind adds to that. I looked at that orange horse and wondered what colour would work well, but still have kind of a tie to realism. If I had chosen a purple, it would have become more of a fantasy.

'Anchoring', I like the idea of the black tying the horse to the background Gary. :cool:

pat1940
11-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Would never challenge you Robyn, this is just too perfect, wonderful work

Caesar
11-21-2014, 10:00 PM
@ Copespeak: Really sleek. Gorgeous and rich color. Good anatomy. Hope you do well in the competition. Playing to your strong suit it would appear. You and animals. . .

@ Mr Ploos: Nice caricature of Caesar. A stallion in search of a nice centaur girl. . . or two or three. . . Love the look in his eye, hahaha.

Ahahah :DLOL ... actually, as far as I remember, that was Rocky Balboa, alias Sylvester Stallone, wasn't he, dear D Akey? Anyway I didn't leave any colt of mine around. :o;):o;)LOL

justjean
11-22-2014, 06:49 AM
Beautifu as always, Robyn :):)

Marilyn Anne
11-22-2014, 10:37 AM
So lively and exciting to look at. Great work!

AndreaMG
11-24-2014, 10:02 AM
So good! It's doesn't look digital at all. Crazy good impression of movement too! :cool:

copespeak
11-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Andrea, Marilyn Anne, Jean and Pat ...... lovely comments!Thank you all. I really enjoy my horses and there's nothing more wonderful than a show-offy stallion! :) :)