PDA

View Full Version : Autunno mite e piovoso - A mild and rainy Autumn (+ chicks + revival)

Caesar
11-18-2014, 09:42 PM
A quick ans simple imaginary view using oil, airspray and sticker brushes with the mouse, just to record the color palette below and above the horizon ...

Rondo
11-18-2014, 09:49 PM
really beautiful in his simplicity...great color choice....

Caesar
11-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Thank You, dear Rondo! You're very kind, but I must acknowledge that the color choice was mostly made by nature ...;)

D Akey
11-19-2014, 02:25 AM
Fantastic and rich palette, Caesar. Something new for you, a new technique. Looks very nice. Certainly it communicates the bursts of color that Nature provides. There is also something wonderful about the light coming through the clouds, making the contrasts all the more rich. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
11-19-2014, 04:27 AM
Caesar....ok I know there is a woodland nymph hiding in there somewhere :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:, in such a idyllic setting all that is missing a some wine, cheese, bread... :cool::cool:... a beautiful diversion from you !

justjean
11-19-2014, 04:37 AM
A lovely scene, Caesar :)

eighty+
11-19-2014, 05:12 AM
Hey O Mighty. One. So that's how. Robbies set up got to you. .? ;):D:cool::cool::cool:Man go go go

AndreaMG
11-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Beautiful landscape, I like the grey cloud, it really add a touch of impending treath :cool: Compliments to Monsieur le mouse too :o

stevemawmv
11-19-2014, 09:14 AM
Hello Caesar....Nature made a good choice in the colors for this one and you followed her instructions to a tee....But like Gary I'am looking for one of your forest Nymphs to be hiding in there somewhere....
Really enjoyed seeing this!
Take care,
Steve

Marilyn Anne
11-19-2014, 02:24 PM
I love it when you paint " seriously" as it reminds me again what great talent and ability you have. I remember with fondness your scene of an Italian port. It was part of a challenge. I actually took the challenge and it didn't turn out too badly. Not posted though. Good work.

Caesar
11-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Thank You, dear D Akey. Actually all my experiments and new techniques derive from my being lazy and unwilling to pedantly dedicate days and hundreds of thousand of fine brushstrokes of dozens of process steps to get what I imagined. I'm glad if I succeded to give a good visual idea of my mental vision in a reasonably short time and with a sparing level of effort by using mainly some AR sticker brushes ....

I know You landed on our planet looking for mythological gals, dear Gary, and I wouldn't exclude a nymph may eventually pop out here. Just set google to allow pop-ups in case ...;):o (on the screen I mean) LOL:o;). Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jean! This is usually within Your comfort and mastery zones, so I'm glad You like it!

Right, dear ATPLus! I was a little envious of Robyn's garden and house, so ... ;):D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Andrea! Fortunately the grey cloud is impending, but may be leaving soon, while in the horizon the cloud looks hopefully more benign ...

Dear Steve, I'm glad if this landscape helps to shorten You convalescence, but did the doctors already allow You to meet woodlands nymphs? Do You have a written permission to show? I wouldn't wish to "have You on my conscience" (as we idiomatically say in Italy when we don't want to risk do something endangering or causing damages to other people). LOL:o:p;) Thank You!

Thank you, dear Marilyn Anne for Your flattering comment. Unfortunately, as You can realize from Gary's and Steve's comments, they don't take seriously me not even when I paint more seriously and they're looking for some scantily dressed dryads to suddenly pop out of the bushes and trees ...;):oLOL

copespeak
11-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Those gorgeous colours just hum happily together Caesar. No cheeky chicks running wildly through the forest? Can't see one anywhere!! :cool:

stevemawmv
11-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Dear Steve, I'm glad if this landscape helps to shorten You convalescence, but did the doctors already allow You to meet woodlands nymphs? Do You have a written permission to show? I wouldn't wish to "have You on my conscience" (as we idiomatically say in Italy when we don't want to risk do something endangering or causing damages to other people). LOL:o:p;) Thank You! Actually my medical release states that a walk in the woods for aleast twenty minutes a day followed by a nap is required for me to achieve a full recovery. But I promise I'll probably be looking behind every tree and shaking every bush to see if their is anyone else in these woods......
Those gorgeous colours just hum happily together Caesar. No cheeky chicks running wildly through the forest? Can't see one anywhere!! :cool:What's this....Robyn as well? Happy to see not just Gary and I are questioning the possibility that these woods may be the home of nymphs....
Again, beautiful painting my friend...Take care,
Steve

Caesar
11-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Thank you, dear Robyn! Since You asked for I will reveal some cheeky chicks you probably didn't see at first ... :o;):D LOL This will certainly please also Gary and Steve although it will possibly disappoint a little bit Marilyn Anne who thought that I had somehow recovered my wits, artistically. :eek::o

In the second imaged I focused and framed a little more on th two chicks characters ...;)

copespeak
11-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Ha1 That's brilliant! I looked at the little critter, and thought, 'What is that??' and then I realised. So clever Caesar! :) :) :)

D Akey
11-21-2014, 08:17 AM
Yeeessss. . . these are much better Caesar. hahah. Well it's more entertaining at the very least. "Here chick chick. . ." :D:D:D:D:D

I look forward to the time when you get as interested in plants as you are in figures. They all exist in the same space. It's good to own everything you put onto the canvas, even if it's just swashy paint strokes that have character to them where how the paint spreads or drips is interesting in itself. If you learn how to use that skillfully, you don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of time noodling in detail and save the extra attention for some small focal areas that imply what's going on elsewhere. But brevity is an art form too.

eighty+
11-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Hey. Hey. Hay. Caesar. You remind me of Klimt. ;) ;). Like him. Do you wear a long smock at work. For quick. Occasions ;);):D:D:D. Say no more. :D::D:D:D:D:D:D. STATTE. BBUONO...Si...Si

pat1940
11-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Hello my dear Caesar, so good seeing your wonderful talent again, this is beautiful and such a perfect choice of canvas

Caesar
11-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Thank You, dear Robyn! Probably it took You a second to realize how surprisingly stupid I could be to think of such a joke (I mean a plucked, falsely-shy, cheeky chick). :o;) Anyway I should acknowledge Your great input to light my couple of neurons to get this.:)

Holy words, dear D Akey! Plants and their "anatomy" are my weak point indeed. As a kid I had a passion for animals and, obviously, their shapes and the weirdest the most fascinating to me, but as for trees, bushes, grass types and flowers ... a disaster, scarcely interested to botany, except fruits and anything edible. ;) Here I obviously made a sort of collage (of styles too) and tried to make it work somehow. I'm not good at painting vignette characters with an impressionistic style as yet. :D Thank You!

Hey, thank You, dear ATPlus the Old! Nextly I'll wear it. LOL;):o I love Klimt and his superb drawing mastery, You guessed right, but as for reminding him, I wish I could, but I'm afraid I may just shine his shoes ... Take care!

Thank you, dear Pat! I'm afraid that You lost a bunch of my latest crazy ideas while away, but I don't know your Canadian address when you leave, to send the package over there and have You chuckle and laugh at breakfast .... ;):o

pat1940
11-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Caesar, I will go back and check them out, must see

pat1940
11-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Well my dear Caesar, you have been a little naughty while I was away lol lol some great work and humor in your gallery glad I caught up to the great artist

Caesar
11-22-2014, 07:31 PM
He,he, :o dear Pat, this Halloween in particular inspired me to revisit a little its concept, but also Fall season gave me more than a clue .... I apologize for possible scandalous views for a shy girl like You.:o;)LOL Thank You and all the best to all of Your family.:)

stevemawmv
11-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Caesar!!!
I knew there was someone hiding in the woodlands....Nicely done friend! As for the running chick....safe at the moment, I be looking for turkey soon!
Take care,
Steve

AndreaMG
11-24-2014, 09:58 AM
:o :o

Caesar
11-25-2014, 02:19 AM
Thank You, dear Steve. Actually I thought of a wild turkey at first, but I realized it could become dangerous for it with the US friends about to celebrate Thanksgiving. Anyway I may provide You a turkey just the same, say a couple. Here they are! :o;)

Dear Andrea, :o:o, thank You and tell Mr. Ventura to force his players to practice more with penalty kicks ...

byroncallas
11-25-2014, 05:45 AM
Hi Caesar. Popping in after a long absence, I'm inspired to see you have not lost your edge. Chicks do have a rough life, yes?

Caesar
11-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Hi, dear Byron! Once I painted a mere landscape, since it was from me, friends in here were expecting to see chicks too therein, so ....;) Thank You for Your visit!

D Akey
11-26-2014, 02:41 AM
I've heard of a rack of lamb, but never a turkey with a rack.
I can also see that with the other pic the turkey with the tattoo of Turkey doesn't show Iraq. . .

I can't tell if you're promoting global travel, a trip to the poolside, or to the dinner table. I mean she's got a great body and all but man. . . she be powerful ugly in da face. . . phew. . . no offense or nothing. . . but my Thanksgiving gratitude just took a severe dip, pilgrim. . . waaaaooohhh. . . :rolleyes::p;):D:D:D:D:D

stevemawmv
11-26-2014, 04:33 AM
Caesar.....Hahaha! You found my Thanksgiving turkey....Wait, she's appears to be unprepared and I'd never allow an 'undressed' bird at my holiday table!
Fun stuff!

AndreaMG
11-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Haha nice one :cool: I see that lately you are a lot in the animal territory, let's hope "you know whom" does not get offended by all this stuff :cool:

Caesar
11-27-2014, 12:41 AM
ROFL ;):o:D Dear D Akey, I didn't mean to cause a gratitude dip to You, but Pilgrim Fathers thanksgiving didn't foresee peeled and stuffed pin-ups with charming faces for lunch, I suppose, so you should be satisfied with the traditional course. :D Thank You!

Right, dear Steve. It wouldn't be kind toward Rachel I'm afraid! Well I guess You have one more reason (and us too with You) to thanksgive considering Your last depot maintenance.

Right, dear Andrea, I'm living ina quite anxious state, since I would be in real trouble should some animalist league discover what I do with animals and pets on my sheets and canvases ... shhhh. :eek: I'd better add that no animal was either killed or hurt in my paintings!:rolleyes::p:o;)LOL Thank You!