PDA

View Full Version : Aloha Mühe'e!

Loki
03-16-2007, 07:04 AM
http://www.vacaluna.com/images/artrage/aloha_squid.jpg

"Mühe'e" is the Hawaiian word for "squid"... I thought it was appropiate.

I used to have a bright red vintage Hawaiian shirt that I inherited from my father, from the time he went to Honolulu many years ago... Apparently he just wore it once and decided the retina-searing color was too garish for his taste... I certainly enjoyed wearing it, but alas, I have it no more.

Anyway, that shirt was the inspiration for the squid and the lei (flower garland) the squid is wearing is identical to one I received last week at surf rock concert.

All art assets were done in Artrage, but I did use another program to move a handful of layers around (I wish we had this feature natively) to create the background quickly. The sharks look very much alike, but each one was done individually; they look more organic this way.

This one was fun to do, thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy it!

aarku
03-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Awesome! I love especially the colors and the flower touches put on the squid.

jacktar51
03-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Loki... This is a very good picture you have captured the feeling of a coral reef.....And a hoola girl,,,, Jack.

AndyRage
03-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Ooo, very cool squid! Excellent style.

Selby
03-16-2007, 10:59 AM
ahh so this is what is looks like in the octapusses garden :D beautiful :)

Selby

ka
03-16-2007, 11:10 AM
very good work with life ,fantaisy and beauty,i dreams every day to become a mermaid!!!and thanks loki for your comments with my job,my french is bad,but i resist!!!what do you want to say with "skunk"because i know this world but the sens doesnt go with my love scene : 8) 8) kiss2 ka

ENCHANTER
03-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Youve captured the life and colour of a reef, excellent !

now..........which suckered feet should i put forward for dancing!!??

:D

friendly
03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
I REALLY LIKE YOUR PAINTINGS, THIS IS REALLY GOOD

Taron
03-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Beautiful! Love the style! Kind of reminds me of a high-class childrens book for educational purposes! Gorgeous :!:

Fashmir
03-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Nice! Looking good Loki! That is a vibrant image with plenty to see without being busy and a bright and cohesive color scheme. Well done.

pai
03-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Looks like a children story book illustration. So good.

Lee
03-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Dear Loki, this is just awsomely fantastically perfectly beautiful, and thanks for the sweet story, love the way you have the body of the squid in the Hawiian print, i have always wondered why there is so much color under the sea where no one can see it till a light shines on it,,, guess only the sea creatures know,,,,,

waheednasir
03-17-2007, 08:36 AM
beautiful indeed. very nice palette.

:).

danbo
03-17-2007, 08:57 AM
a, euh, oh, euh, eeeee, ooooo, oups,
beautifull, but where are the other pictures ?

anickyst
03-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Loki. Just have to say this work is awesome. The colours are amazing and that is the cutest squid ever. I would never normaly think of a squid as cute but somehow youve done it for me with this one :D

Adam Black
03-17-2007, 11:51 AM
The colors...the textures...the composition...!

Wow.

Allegra
03-17-2007, 12:00 PM
HI Loki, fantastic flight of fancy!
Striking colours and I just the the flowers on the squid too lol!

Loki
03-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I'd like to thank you ALL for your very kind comments... each and every one was meaningful to me and I wish I had time to adress everyone in a more personalized way , but we are having a family emergency at the moment as my Husky dog presented symptoms of intoxication this morning... lethargy, different sized pupils... so we are looking into the matter with the veterinarian and are very worried :( . However, I'd like to share something with you as a little "thank you":

http://www.vacaluna.com/images/artrage/my_groovy_squid_rage.jpg

This is a vector image I made in Corel X3 earlier this year, I titled it "My Groovy Squid" referencing the 60's decade I tried to re-create with it. I've always thought squids are cute and they have been an important part of my life in art... I even made my wife knit me a scarf with a squid pattern... Man, she was angry!

See you around and thanks again for your very nice comments!

anickyst
03-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Dear Loki, I really hope your poor dog gets well soon, you must be worried sick. Lovely pic, like the sixties style alot, thanks for sharing it.

All the best, anickystxxxxxx

Roymitch
03-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Loki, I see that you have a lot of skill on ARTRAGE. Looking at your painting inspires me to get to work! Thanks for your response to my painting. Roy

Allegra
03-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Oh Loki, I do hope your dog is okay, what a dreadful thing, I hope he hasn't picked up a bait!

D Akey
03-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Looks like extortion pics for Enchanter! He would pay handsomely to have his girlfriend NOT see this pic, methinks.

Really groovy style! I love this image. The colors, technique, etc.

maror
03-19-2007, 11:43 PM
:o your works rocks.... both are very unique and well composed!

Good Luck

maror