PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Puppy .... and another one 5.12.14

copespeak
11-10-2014, 04:18 PM
At the last Artist Market, I took a few candid photos of passers by. I loved the reference for this one for lots of reasons. They were just a lovely group that really tell a story.

Trying to work on my scratchy style with a bit of outline and a bit of mess. I'm not sure it all works, but it has some nice spots.

stevemawmv
11-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Can see why you picked this one, it's sweet...Thinking mom and daughter walking a new puppy....I enjoy your 'scratchy style' Robyn..and its definitely working, wouldn't worry about. It's a wonderful story telling style you've got going on there...Keep it up, I love it!
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
11-10-2014, 05:40 PM
All you closet doo-wopers sing out: And they called it puppy lovely. . .

It's a very charming look at a real slice of life. That dog is going to be so loved! Wow. Lucky pooch.

I like the style in this instance. It really does lend itself to complex images, and you managed to get personalities and all the telling details of the passers-by and of course the doggie, the body language, attitudes, the whole bit. It all seems very familiar, read: genuine. What I find particularly interesting is that you managed to get volume in a not necessarily volumetric technique -- meaning it's sort of linear and scratchy. But it reads full and solid, not what I would expect to be technique driven but the technique is really want drives it in essence. I mean I've seen you doing this for so long now successfully it shouldn't surprise me, but it really works at a distance as well as in a solo portrait. Very cool how you just keep expanding it out onto different types of subjects.

copespeak
11-10-2014, 06:39 PM
You're so kind Mr Akey and Steve.

I enjoyed that so much I did another. Now my shoulders are aching and my brain is yelling loudly for a wine and dinner. It's a good thing the fella is off working away for a week, so I don't have to fuss. When he's away I always pump lots of work out.

Here's the next one. I badly want to translate these into natural media and it's amazing how doing it on AR gets you some idea on how to proceed.

Caesar
11-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Exceptional paintings, style and models (both human and canine ones), dear Robyn! You never cease to stun us with Your masterpieces!

AndreaMG
11-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Love them! :cool::cool:

copespeak
11-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys! :) :) :)

Marilyn Anne
11-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Personal and sweet. Beautifully drawn and would indeed make great paintings in the physical realm.

stevemawmv
11-11-2014, 04:24 PM
These are really fantastic Robyn.....They're like exceptionally well done illustrations in a book, just have to come up with a better name then 'Day At The Artist Market'....
Hope your well....You take care!
Steve

Enug
11-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Super stuff Robyn!:cool::cool::cool:

Aunt_Betsy
11-12-2014, 01:14 AM
Wonderful paintings Robyn! The style has a relaxing feel to it. Pleasant to view.

Caesar
11-12-2014, 03:30 AM
Well I was back to check whether You next puppy was taken to the park, dear Robyn. Don't worry, I can assure I've no intent whatsoever to eat any of Your dogs! LOL:o;) I love this essential and most effective style You inaugurated here!

kenmo
11-13-2014, 06:29 AM
I really enjoyed viewing your paintings...there is just something about them...

Alexandra
11-14-2014, 02:25 AM
Warmhearted and so special. I love them all Robyn.

copespeak
11-14-2014, 08:15 AM
Caesar, you're right, Art Rage has given me the tools to find a style I really enjoy. :)

Alexandra, Kenmo, Aunt Betsy, June, Steve and Marilyn Anne, thank you so much.

I can see where you're coming from about a relaxing feel to them. I get that feeling when I'm doing them.

copespeak
12-05-2014, 10:22 AM
This one is of a friend of mine showing her borzoi at the Victorian Borzoi Show. I love the way the dog is looking up at her ... paying attention and enjoying the experience.

D Akey
12-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Being an Aussie, you doubtless remember Olivia in this, but this version you may not have seen because John Travolta got bumped by. . . as usual, a younger, cheaper actor. I think they did okay.

http://www.wimp.com/greaseroutine/

Your picture made me think of "You're the one that I want, woof woof woof. . . "

Lovely painting, Copespeak. . . And yeah, it takes a level of devotion, and you capture the almost uncontainable joy dogs show so visibly and completely. . .

There's no doubt in my mind that the Warner Brothers cartoonists loved animals as well in how they translated those movements and attitudes into their cartoons. You have some of that spirit as well, just straighter in that one doesn't really need exaggeration to show the charm, do they.

Enug
12-05-2014, 01:34 PM
The eye contact between two friends - adorable!

copespeak
12-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Being an Aussie, you doubtless remember Olivia in this, but this version you may not have seen because John Travolta got bumped by. . . as usual, a younger, cheaper actor. I think they did okay.

http://www.wimp.com/greaseroutine/

Your picture made me think of "You're the one that I want, woof woof woof. . . "

Lovely painting, Copespeak. . . And yeah, it takes a level of devotion, and you capture the almost uncontainable joy dogs show so visibly and completely. . .

There's no doubt in my mind that the Warner Brothers cartoonists loved animals as well in how they translated those movements and attitudes into their cartoons. You have some of that spirit as well, just straighter in that one doesn't really need exaggeration to show the charm, do they.

I love that doggie dancing Mr Akey, and would have a go if Dova didn't get bored after 30 seconds, and she's too tall to do the between-the-knees routine!

Thank you June, it was a 'photo out of the box' for me! My friend is going through some hard times at the moment, so I must do a print and send it to her. :)

Caesar
12-05-2014, 09:39 PM
This last painting is amazingly dynamic and that kind of dog utmost elegant! Sheer delight!

Marilyn Anne
12-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Tender sweet moments of lives spent in the company of furry friends!