PDA

View Full Version : Chevy and Her Lambies

copespeak
11-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Sheep have figured regularly on the forum recently, thanks to Enug's wonderful efforts. I had a spare hour today, and thought "Why not?"

My lovely cheviot sheep and her babies under the trees. I am so inspired, I thought I might do them in pastel on black paper.

Aunt_Betsy
11-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Lovely sheep painting Robyn! It makes me want to reach in and pet the lambs.:D

copespeak
11-07-2014, 06:45 PM
They are so sweet and innocent at that age, and I love watching them play.

Chevy actually had three that year; the other one must be nestled in on the other side.

justjean
11-07-2014, 09:07 PM
How lovely and isn't the third one behind her head? :)

D Akey
11-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Are we havin' fun yet kiddies? (Or are kids baby goats?) No matter. They all look contented as ya please. Life's clearly good. Nice one, Copespeak!!! If they were standing I've no doubt they'd be wagging their tails behind them. . . :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D

copespeak
11-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Kiddy lambies Mr Akey! :)

Jean, Chevy always thinks the grass is greener through the fence wire, so she wears all the wool off, giving her a quaint sort of crest. I was going to take it off, but thought, no, it's Chevy, and that's part of her!

pai
11-07-2014, 09:28 PM
oh, i love this sheep/lamb one a lot as it's one of my favorite animal too. this one will be in one of my favorites of yours now. :)

RedSaucers
11-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Lovely work, the brushwork is fantastic.

Enug
11-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Robyn, a beautiful painting of a contented mother and her babies - keep Mr.Ploos and Caesar away from them.:eek:

I know what you mean about the head thru the fence trick.;)

eighty+
11-08-2014, 03:05 AM
Hi Robbie ....June Yes Caesar and I Do like our Mint Sauce Flavoured with a soup son of lamb ;);)

Marilyn Anne
11-08-2014, 04:33 AM
So well done! I join the group who love the sheep!

gxhpainter2
11-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Robyn... great work, I love to see how you emulate objects like a sheeps wool, grass . etc with your brushwork and colors, always fun and this is just a great painting with great lighting. I agree with June we have to keep Mr. Ploos and Caesar away :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Caesar
11-08-2014, 05:31 AM
Certainly sheep are symbol of mildness, lambs of purity and innnocence and their white, warm, wooly hair (as in this case) are also a true and intriguing challenge to paint with all their subtle tones. Unfortunately, as per Eighty comment, although with slight local changes to his recipe, they also recall me memories of so many past and previous family meals and dear, tasteful sensations, that I cannot help feeling, together with tenderness and affection towards them, also a grateful sentiment for their meat and, alas, slightly drooling. :p;) Don't worry though, we wouldn't do any harm to Your beloved pet though and for the same reason I would never raise them at home ... ;)

copespeak
11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Many thanks to Gary, Marilyn Anne, Pai, RedSaucers and June. :) :) :) :)

Mr Ploos, Mr Akey and Caesar, if she were my dog you wouldn't want to eat her.

She's actually a wonderful character who is always first to come for a chat and a treat. We bred her, so she knows no other home.

But yes, before I became a vegetarian, I used to love roast lamb. Not big on mint sauce though! :) :)

D Akey
11-08-2014, 10:34 AM

She's actually a wonderful character who is always first to come for a chat and a treat. We bred her, so she knows no other home.

But yes, before I became a vegetarian, I used to love roast lamb. Not big on mint sauce though! :) :)

If she were your dog, that'd be the wurst. . . :p

Please do not lump me in with those cannibals, madam.

I don't want to eat your lamby pie, and certainly not off the hoof. Chompin' on that wooly lady would likely just make me wonder who threw the sweat socks into the chowder, something I hope to never taste again, mint jelly or no. This ain't no dormitory of higher education. No Alma Mater songs shall be forthcoming.

copespeak
11-08-2014, 02:40 PM
:) :) :) Sweat socks in the chowder? That sounds like a taste sensation!

Caesar
11-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Many thanks to Gary, Marilyn Anne, Pai, RedSaucers and June. :) :) :) :)

Ahahah ... there are places where they use to eat dog and even monkey too. We used dogs for watching, sheep control against wolves (they're big, white and wooly too) and hunting so we wouldn't eat them. Their meat isn't probably as good as a chow-chow.:o

AndreaMG
11-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Haha they are so lovable :o Technically impeccable ;)

copespeak
11-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Haha they are so lovable :o Technically impeccable ;)

Aha! Technically a bit shonky if you look up close.

Yes, Caesar, I know they eat dog elsewhere in the world, and I think all those beautiful doggy personalities ..... :(

stevemawmv
11-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Hello Robyn....Love this pastel of Chevy and Her Lambies....they look quite content shading themselves from the sun....
Thanks for visiting me....
Take care friend,
Steve

copespeak
11-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Thanks for visiting me too Steve! :) :)