PDA

View Full Version : Jo -Di a crystal flower

gxhpainter2
11-03-2014, 08:05 AM
after watching several sci-fi movies over the past couple of days... I guess this just had to emerge... not sure if it is friendly or not... :rolleyes::cool::):)

anyway hope you enjoy the colors and textures..

copespeak
11-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Love it Gary! The colours and textures are great, and my mind keeps straining trying to make sense of what might be happening there.

Nothing like a good sci-fi, is there??

stevemawmv
11-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Love it Gary....Also have a passion for Sci-Fi movies as well....First glance, first impression...hood ornament on an beast on wheels and its heading right towards me....it's hell on wheels and it's a' comin!
Well I know this isn't what it is, but you know me! Love everything about.....On my wall it goes!
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
11-03-2014, 08:25 AM
You had to have been watching "The Dark Crystal" Very cool interpretation. Brian Froud is an icon for this kind of fantasy. Either that or you're getting ready for Thanksgiving and have the bird in your crosshairs. After all, what's left after Halloween, eh? Fun image, Gary.

Caesar
11-03-2014, 10:25 PM
It could be also a cake garnish, dear Gary. I like Your sweet, colorful painting both visually and also as it seems to taste!

gxhpainter2
11-04-2014, 05:03 AM
Love it Gary! The colours and textures are great, and my mind keeps straining trying to make sense of what might be happening there.

Nothing like a good sci-fi, is there?? Thanks for your generous comment on this...the fact that the subject is somewhat unclear was a little disappointing to me but I was so attached to that v shape I just created the painting around it. funny so sometimes a particular part of a painting just seems to control everything, and it is almost impossible for me to paint over it... sigh..... :rolleyes::cool:

Love it Gary....Also have a passion for Sci-Fi movies as well....First glance, first impression...hood ornament on an beast on wheels and its heading right towards me....it's hell on wheels and it's a' comin!
Well I know this isn't what it is, but you know me! Love everything about.....On my wall it goes!
Take care friend,
Steve LOL thanks Steve for you enthusiasm for this. Do you really put these on your wall? :D??? very cool if you do!.

You had to have been watching "The Dark Crystal" Very cool interpretation. Brian Froud is an icon for this kind of fantasy. Either that or you're getting ready for Thanksgiving and have the bird in your crosshairs. After all, what's left after Halloween, eh? Fun image, Gary. Thanks DAkey I was a fan of that movie... lots of interesting characters and landscapes..

It could be also a cake garnish, dear Gary. I like Your sweet, colorful painting both visually and also as it seems to taste! are you hungry? talking about cakes makes me want to go out for a slice and a coffee... come on lets go !!.:cool::cool::cool:

AndreaMG
11-04-2014, 09:40 AM
after watching several sci-fi movies over the past couple of days... I guess this just had to emerge... not sure if it is friendly or not... :rolleyes::cool::):)

anyway hope you enjoy the colors and textures..

Wow, what a wonderful tribute to the GREAT MAZINGER, here's a scaled down version (the bigger one was to large to upload :p). BRAVO and such a great choice of colors and impression of movement you got there :cool:

stevemawmv
11-04-2014, 06:06 PM
LOL thanks Steve for you enthusiasm for this. Do you really put these on your wall? :D??? very cool if you do!.As matter of fact I do, about two hundred paintings...favorites from your gallery and others from the forum....and of course mine as well. They are playing on a flatscreen in my dining room from a media player, it's like my own little art gallery.....Plus much more pleasant then watching TV while eating dinner....And yes, there is music as well!
Thanks Gary......Take care,
Steve

hildee
11-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Very colourful and vibrant.

Wish I knew how you paint your stuff - always lots to look at.

Caesar
11-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Wow, what a wonderful tribute to the GREAT MAZINGER, here's a scaled down version (the bigger one was to large to upload :p). BRAVO and such a great choice of colors and impression of movement you got there :cool:

Or was it rather Goldrake, dear Andrea? Actually I'm older than You, so it all started with him, the Japanese cartoons I mean, You know ...

Since I like food and what's around it, also culturally, dear Gary, finding Your painting also tastful, to move also my papillae imagination, thus adding anothe sense to sight, tactile impressions (textures) and even a sort of music, was a truly compliment. ;)

gxhpainter2
11-05-2014, 05:19 AM
As matter of fact I do, about two hundred paintings...favorites from your gallery and others from the forum....and of course mine as well. They are playing on a flatscreen in my dining room from a media player, it's like my own little art gallery.....Plus much more pleasant then watching TV while eating dinner....And yes, there is music as well!
Thanks Gary......Take care,
Steve Steve that is a very cool idea. my TV will also show images and it does if you have it on DVD and are not watching anything it starts showing beautiful pictures, I know I could put art on it and have a really nice show going but due to inherent laziness I haven't figured out how to do it yet. but you have given me some motivation...:cool::cool:

Or was it rather Goldrake, dear Andrea? Actually I'm older than You, so it all started with him, the Japanese cartoons I mean, You know ...

Since I like food and what's around it, also culturally, dear Gary, finding Your painting also tastful, to move also my papillae imagination, thus adding anothe sense to sight, tactile impressions (textures) and even a sort of music, was a truly compliment. ;) thanks again dear Caesar...glad to stimulate your imagination and senses on so many levels :cool::cool::):)

gxhpainter2
11-05-2014, 05:23 AM
Very colourful and vibrant.

Wish I knew how you paint your stuff - always lots to look at. thanks hildee! my processes is a bit complex as I work from AR to Photoshop and back over and over, sometimes I have a definite idea in mind sometimes I just keep pushing the paint and layers and blending modes around until something pops and then I work to refine and balance it chromatically, tonally and compositionally... I know that sounds a bit vague but how I get to each image is about the process and music I listen to or what inspired me on my last walk..:):):cool::cool:

AndreaMG
11-05-2014, 09:40 AM

Haha no no, this one is Goldrake ;)

Alexandra
11-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Hi Gary, This also reminds me of The Mummy 2 when they are flying above the desert, or The Road Warrior where the tall thin man is flying above. Love it.:cool:

gxhpainter2
11-07-2014, 04:05 AM
Hi Gary, This also reminds me of The Mummy 2 when they are flying above the desert, or The Road Warrior where the tall thin man is flying above. Love it.:cool: ahhhh there you go, I see that!.... thanks Alexandra :):):):):):cool::cool::cool:

Enug
11-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Gary, now that I've looked at this again and again, I can see a piece of quartz split in two with the crystal flower unfolding - atop a mountain of minerals - some precious gems hiding there.:cool::cool:

pai
11-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Go back to your few creative abstract paintings, they are great visual again for me. I especially like this one and the color palette. Interesting how you titled it. I saw the "transformer villain" causing the city a destructive scene and set fire everywhere during a brightful blue sky day :)

gxhpainter2
11-10-2014, 05:38 AM
Go back to your few creative abstract paintings, they are great visual again for me. I especially like this one and the color palette. Interesting how you titled it. I saw the "transformer villain" causing the city a destructive scene and set fire everywhere during a brightful blue sky day :) thank you pai, I am thrilled that you get so much from my works...:):):)

Gary, now that I've looked at this again and again, I can see a piece of quartz split in two with the crystal flower unfolding - atop a mountain of minerals - some precious gems hiding there.:cool::cool: June I love your perceptions of this work...thanks for commenting on it.:):):)

hildee
11-10-2014, 04:46 PM
thanks hildee! my processes is a bit complex as I work from AR to Photoshop and back over and over, sometimes I have a definite idea in mind sometimes I just keep pushing the paint and layers and blending modes around until something pops and then I work to refine and balance it chromatically, tonally and compositionally... I know that sounds a bit vague but how I get to each image is about the process and music I listen to or what inspired me on my last walk..:):):cool::cool:

Thanks for explaining gxh! Makes perfect sense, I understand your process.

Rachelle
11-13-2014, 06:58 PM
I do like your colors and textures, and composition too :)

Thanks to hildee's question and your reply, I too grasp your process, and feel a kinship to it as it resembles my process (edit: minus the Photoshop bit, lol, I don't have Photoshop).

...and Steve's flatscreen dining room gallery is uber cool, indeed :cool:

Bertrude
11-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Nice work Gary, looks great. It too takes me to a Japanese Robots/Mecha type of place (where the heads can often have the v-shaped point rising out of the face).

gxhpainter2
11-14-2014, 10:33 AM
I do like your colors and textures, and composition too :)

Thanks to hildee's question and your reply, I too grasp your process, and feel a kinship to it as it resembles my process (edit: minus the Photoshop bit, lol, I don't have Photoshop).

...and Steve's flatscreen dining room gallery is uber cool, indeed :cool: thanks Rachelle! glad my explanation was somewhat clear....

Nice work Gary, looks great. It too takes me to a Japanese Robots/Mecha type of place (where the heads can often have the v-shaped point rising out of the face). Bertrude , yep they do and they are usually bright colors as well...