PDA

View Full Version : Arab Stallion - New One 27th Nov

copespeak
10-29-2014, 08:53 PM
I loved doing this painting of an Arab horse. Many thanks to Nicole Emanuel for her gorgeous photo.

RedSaucers
10-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Very nice, I love the facial expression.

Caesar
10-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Excellent pastel portrait of an equine beauty!

coops
10-30-2014, 02:39 AM
I have had this on full screen whilst eating my Lunch, couldnt take my eyes of it. The look on the face and the wonderful work on the mane is exceptional. Fantastic work Robyn:)

Marilyn Anne
10-30-2014, 07:28 AM
You get so much detail and expression in your horse paintings. Just wonderful!

D Akey
10-30-2014, 08:14 AM
Lots of character to this one. He looks like he could be an actor. Maybe the negotiations are on for him playing Seabiscuit. You're so good at depicting animals. Your sensitivity to them comes through. Well done Copespeak! :):):)

Bertrude
10-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Very nice. I love the ways you've captured the light down the side of the face.

samiro
10-30-2014, 09:39 AM
very beautiful painting..love it

copespeak
10-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Thank you all for popping by and commenting. Coops, what a lovely compliment!

Mr Akey, animals have been such a huge part of my life. I put some pencils sketches of some at my recent artist market, and have a lot of commissions come in, something I haven't chased for a long time ... and still don't. Still, I feel fresh enough to do some for a while. :) :) :)

eighty+
10-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi great I've Saved it Robbie so when I try to copy it I'll know What goe's where :( ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D CIAO POZDRAWSKI

copespeak
10-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Looking forward to it Eighty! :)

eighty+
10-30-2014, 12:35 PM
OK Robbie Thanks But at The moment I'm With Egon Gal's ok ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D POZDRAWSKI

hildee
10-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Lovely painting!

Aunt_Betsy
10-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Stunning painting Robyn!

I really like how you go from vague impression on the edges of the painting to great detail on the face. It really draws my attention right to the eye that is facing out. It makes me feel the power and confidence this horse possesses.

Enug
10-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Just wonderful, Robyn.

copespeak
10-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Stunning painting Robyn!

I really like how you go from vague impression on the edges of the painting to great detail on the face. It really draws my attention right to the eye that is facing out. It makes me feel the power and confidence this horse possesses.

Thank you Aunt Betsy, I thought I was just being lazy!! (joking :) )

June and Hildee, thank you for your lovely comments.

eighty+
10-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Hi Robbie My Hoss who has a bloodline that goes right back to the Hoss that carried the Great Genkis Kahn into battle ok ;) ;):D :D:D :D:D:D:D POZDRAWSKI

copespeak
10-31-2014, 12:43 AM
Jest the cutest hoss I ever did see Eighty! :) :) :)

eighty+
10-31-2014, 02:19 AM
Yeah Well Robbie Its in his Bloodline They always where Handsome Stallion's ;) ;) ;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

POZDRAWSKI

gxhpainter2
10-31-2014, 03:28 AM
Robyn you really have an exceptional eye for animal portraits, you seem to bring out the character of each animal whether its a dog, cat or horse and you do it with such a variety of artistic methods and style... your work is a big treat for us this Halloween :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::cool:

waheednasir
10-31-2014, 05:48 AM
Good job copespeak !

copespeak
10-31-2014, 08:40 AM
Thanks Waheednasir. :) :)

Aha, so it's Halloween, is it Gary? It does happen here, but to a lesser degree than elsewhere. I think commercially it's getting a big push, as there's lots of money to be made.

Thankfully, I live miles away from lots of children, so I get to eat all my sweets myself!

eighty+
10-31-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi Robbie My Hoss Wins the Melboune Stake's beating the Favourite Robbie run Lighty by I lenth My Hoss

when asked about his fantastic finish said it was just a stroll for me as I always knew i would beat the

Favourite . ok now they'll show me the girl's as I'm fed up with that artifisle racket :eek::cool::cool::cool:

copespeak
11-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Another beautiful Arab stallion.

I wanted to get a more 'scratchy effect' going and I think it works. Many thanks to Nicole Emanuel for her beautiful photo.

copespeak
11-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi Robbie My Hoss Wins the Melboune Stake's beating the Favourite Robbie run Lighty by I lenth My Hoss

when asked about his fantastic finish said it was just a stroll for me as I always knew i would beat the

Favourite . ok now they'll show me the girl's as I'm fed up with that artifisle racket :eek::cool::cool::cool:

Eighty, I missed this wonderful treasure of yours. Sadly the 2014 Melbourne Cup winning was overshadowed by one horse dying soon after from a heart attack, and another was put down after breaking his leg. He was frightened by some fool waving a large flag at him as they walked back from the race. The second had won the prestigious Caulfield Cup the week before.

Millions of dollars worth of beautiful horses gone in a flash. Horse racing has many drawbacks......

stevemawmv
11-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Hello Robyn.....Beautiful indeed, and the 'scratchy effect' definitely working... Going to have to get a larger stables for your collection of beauties here!
Nicely done friend,
Steve

justjean
11-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Beautiful horses painted beautifully, Robyn

copespeak
11-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Hi Steve, thankfully, virtual stables are easy to build and cheap too!

Thank you too to you Jean for your comment. :)

D Akey
11-27-2014, 06:31 PM
Eighty, I missed this wonderful treasure of your. Sadly the 2014 Melbourne Cup winning was overshadowed by one horse dying soon after from a heart attack, and another was put down after breaking his leg. He was frightened by some fool waving a large flag at him as they walked back from the race. The second had won the prestigious Caulfield Cup the week before.

Millions of dollars worth of beautiful horses gone in a flash. Horse racing has many drawbacks......

Horses are naught but a commodity in that champagne world aren't they. What was the insurance they were trying to qualify for, I wonder. . . rather than spare the horse for stud or who knows what. . .

Enug
11-28-2014, 01:37 AM
He's a beauty Robyn and you have perfected the 'scratchy' effect.:cool:

kenmo
11-28-2014, 01:41 AM
I loved doing this painting of an Arab horse. Many thanks to Nicole Emanuel for her gorgeous photo.

This is simply outstanding...what a beautiful painting of a horse....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

copespeak
11-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Horses are naught but a commodity in that champagne world aren't they. What was the insurance they were trying to qualify for, I wonder. . . rather than spare the horse for stud or who knows what. . .

No, I don't think there was any skulduggery there. I've got my horses mixed there, the Caulfield Cup winner was the one who had the heart attack. The Melbourne Cup is 3200 metres, which is a huge race for a horse. The jockey commented before the race that he probably wouldn't win it, he didn't have that 'spark'. He began to fail part way through and dropped right back. The jock probably should have pulled him up, but didn't.

Horses can die on the spot during or after a big race. They hemorrhage or have hearrt attacks. Awful.

The drug testing beforehand is very rigorous in Australia, especially for a multi-million race like the Melbourne Cup, the body would have been tested carefully post mortem.

But yes, racing is foolish, and that poncing around in all the fancy clothes and sipping champers is ridiculous when there are poor and hungry in the world.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Kenmo and June, the photographer is pretty pleased too. Even though lots was changed, the original horse shines through, I hope!

Caesar
11-29-2014, 01:45 AM
This last light grey stallion is as magnificent as the first one and You got what You looked for in my opinion. No I just wonder what happened to Your horse painting contest, dear Robyn. I hope the race is up now and the winner, i.e. You, according to my trust and bet, was awarded the prize. I wouldn't wish you to collapse too, going on and on running for the award ... ;):o:DLOL

copespeak
11-29-2014, 08:13 AM
I don't think there is a winner as such Caesar, the photographer just posted her photo and challenged others to see what they could make of it. Two others have put up their efforts so far.

Just fun and practice to me. :) :) :)

AndreaMG
11-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Love the gray one as well :cool:

Bobbi
12-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Really well done. The colors are vibrant.

Bertrude
12-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Lovely new Arab Stallion Robyn. I like the rougher look and the tones look great.

Jolis-Chevaux
12-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Absolutely stunning! What beautiful work you do.:)

copespeak
12-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Jolis-Chevaux, Bertrude, Bobbi and Andrea, thank you so much for your comments! :)