PDA

View Full Version : Old Ma Gumby's Boots (as finished as it will ever be)

Teejay
10-21-2014, 01:54 AM
i have moved on and try as i might i cant get any further with this
in my head she is surrounded by tiny helpers she is holding a bunch of sticks and her wn old walking stick
but they will stay stuck in my head
so i thought i would show it before i shove it in a folder and forget it.

Caesar
10-21-2014, 05:22 AM
Welcome! A fantastic character! Maybe You may find a fitting background ....:rolleyes:

gxhpainter2
10-21-2014, 05:57 AM
a wonderful character and expertly illustrated , love your work on her boots...

stevemawmv
10-21-2014, 06:42 AM
I think she's quite endearing but with a mischievous nature?..Would like to see her tiny helpers though before she gets confined to a folder...
I like her....
Take care,
Steve

Teejay
10-21-2014, 09:13 AM
my problem is ( i think) it takes me ages to paint anything i cant splash it on and come out smelling rosy..
and by the time i get so far my head is already painting the next thing that has floated into my head...and so on
i did want to paint and finish but i just cant ...hahaha i just zombie out.... but i am glad you like her ... and thankyou for taking the time to comment too

Enug
10-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself Trish - it's a wonderful painting and she has so much character showing in her face. I know you have a amazing imagination as well as talent and you have so many things on the go that you can't wait to get on to the next. Please don't leave her sitting in a folder too long. Take her out and have another look and as Caesar suggested, maybe a background - it would give you somewhere magical for little helpers to play hide and seek.

Teejay
10-22-2014, 12:38 AM
okay i will put it in the 'help me get outa here folder'
and maybe in a few months i will have another go ...yea that feels good thanks enug thanks everyone .

D Akey
10-22-2014, 03:22 AM
Very cool. Also a little peculiar like she might be more than she appears. Do not accept an apple from her, whatever you do.

coops
10-23-2014, 12:57 AM
I feel there must be a story to go with this painting. Love it:)

Rachelle
01-07-2015, 05:53 PM
I like her, and I really like the texture to her right hand and her face. And the textile on her shoulders. And her hair. Well done :)