PDA

View Full Version : Linocut Style

copespeak
10-20-2014, 07:46 AM
I did this a while ago and never posted it. Just trying to get that scratched out look. Quite fun really!

Australian Pelican.

gxhpainter2
10-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Hi Robyn, so good to see a new post from you!... this really has the quality of a very nice woodcut with the flat colors slightly textured.. and beautiful handling of the feathers and superbly accurate drawing... and the funny saying..as part of the composition.. a very satisfying piece I would hang immediately. I also liked your decorative border treatment.. ( Any good seafood restaurant would love to have this over the bar ! )

Enug
10-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Very unusual and clever - I agree, it would look wonderful as the backdrop in a fish shop. You are such a talented lady. :cool:

D Akey
10-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Hahaha. Love it. And I too know the feeling. At restaurants, my bill's often for more food than I can fit into me belly. The pelican should probably ask for a doggie bag.

Fun style, and I'm with everyone. Would be a great sign or poster. :D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

copespeak
10-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Thank you Mr Akey, June and Gary! I put things away and think they're a bit boring, and then get them out again and .......

Glad to make you all smile! It's very time consuming, but I do like the effect. :)

Caesar
10-22-2014, 12:55 AM
How could I have lost this little marvel, dear Robyn! What an astounding vintage look!:eek::cool:

copespeak
10-22-2014, 07:14 AM
I'm glad you finally found it Caesar! Vintage? I never thought of it as that, but you might be right. Just like me! :) :)

koalablue
10-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Brilliant painting and agree with others, it would make a good backdrop in a restaurant.

Victor Osaka
10-22-2014, 03:31 PM
I can certainly see that mounted in a shop on the East Coast.

copespeak
10-22-2014, 05:12 PM
:) :) :) All I need now is a shop/restaurant!

stevemawmv
10-22-2014, 06:07 PM
:) :) :) All I need now is a shop/restaurant!
How about a signmakers shop?.... I like the weathered and scatchy look you did, looks great! Good seeing you posting again Robyn, hope you and yours are well...
Take care,
Steve

hildee
10-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Sooo good, Robyn, really original stuff!

Caesar
10-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Dear Robyn, a true artist like You is always young and beautiful and vintage only when fashionable ....;)

coops
10-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Thats so artistic and so very well done:)

YoannLori
10-23-2014, 03:44 AM
Awesome work ! I love the style you got there and wouldn't mind seeing more like this one ! :)

Alexandra
10-23-2014, 04:33 AM
An outstanding advertisement and artwork, so charming Robyn!

copespeak
10-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Thank you Hildee, Alexandra, Christine and Steve.

YoannLori, it is very time consuming, but I will start on one and work on it when I can :)

Caesar, I guess I am still young and beautiful inside, just the outside gets thicker as the years pass. :)

Caesar
10-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Thank you Hildee, Alexandra, Christine and Steve.

YoannLori, it is very time consuming, but I will start on one and work on it when I can :)

Caesar, I guess I am still young and beautiful inside, just the outside gets thicker as the years pass. :)

Just like any good investment, You keep earning value, dear Robyn and I'm sure Your beloved appreciates not to get accidentally a pointy bone among his ribs! :o;):D LOL Just kidding, but I'm sure an artist can never lose his/ her charm eventually. (This is why I vainly try to become so) LOL;)

D Akey
10-23-2014, 10:36 PM
I guess I am still young and beautiful inside, just the outside gets thicker as the years pass. :)

Yeah, well that's fine, comes with the territory for the most part. Just don't get thicker of wit. Stay sharp and step lively now. And paint paint paint!!!!!! Go Copespeak!

By the way, you never mentioned whether your dog approved of your new used station wagon. Is it puppy love?

Vladislav
10-24-2014, 04:19 AM
Cool pelican! Characteristic stylization drawing.

copespeak
10-24-2014, 07:35 AM
Thank you Vlad! Lovely to hear from you! :)

Caesar ......"not to get accidentally a pointy bone among his ribs!" I like that! I must tell him! (It's 5 am in Oz and he's snoring away happily.) :)

The beauteous and endlessly cheery Dova approves of just about everything in life Mr Akey. The car is an upgrade of the last and is almost identical because it's the only car she can stand and turn around in without banging her back.

She is presently developing escape routes from the houseyard into the separate studio garden. We spent a lot of money making everything dog escape proof, but have a resident wombat (who is digging through to China, I'm sure!). This wombat burrows under the fence so he can go wandering to graze at night. Dova finds the dug spot and slides sideways through to go chase bunnies, who have set up a condominium via the wombat residence opening. Lots of cute babies now, I dread to think how many. Fortunately Dova hasn't tried to slip under the boundary fence yet as she would be off and I might never get her back. A sighthound can get going and disappear in a flash, and she could create absolute havoc.

Electric fences all round, a wombat trap to remove said wombat, and a ferreter complete with ferrets to flush out the rabbits is on the agenda. I love wildlife, but this is getting out of hand! :) :)

waheednasir
10-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Really like the style and the palette used. very nice graphic look.

D Akey
10-25-2014, 02:29 AM
. . .Fortunately Dova hasn't tried to slip under the boundary fence yet as she would be off and I might never get her back. A sighthound can get going and disappear in a flash, and she could create absolute havoc.

Electric fences all round, a wombat trap to remove said wombat, and a ferreter complete with ferrets to flush out the rabbits is on the agenda. I love wildlife, but this is getting out of hand! :) :)

I would think your sighthound would come back. IS THERE NO LOYALTY BETWIXT DOGS AND ARTISANS ANY LONGER???? What's this world coming to?

So you folks use ferrets to flush bunnies? I've never heard of an actual use for them other than showing them into someone's pants and watching the ensuing expressions on the wearer of the pants. Great sport among Yorkshire miners apparently, though I can't quite track how that particular combination came to be. I mean who has so many ferrets they would even think to shove them into someone's trousers? Well Wiki has an explanation. . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferret-legging

Sounds like ferrets could go after rats as well? Is that true?

copespeak
10-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Thank you for visiting and your lovely comments Waheednasir. :) :)

I have never heard of ferret-legging Mr Akey. The English have come up with some amazingly foolish and funny pursuits over the centuries, and that is another one. I was watching the wife-carting races the other night and thinking the same. And there is the race down the steep hill chasing wheels of cheese, with broken bones all round! :) :)

Yes, ferreting is a very old past time and good for clearing out a warren. To quote Wiki - 'First the hunter finds the rabbit warren. Once located the hunter lays down catch-nets over all the rabbit holes. The next step is to place one or two ferrets down the rabbit holes without disturbing the catch-net. Now the hunter waits for a rabbit to run out of the warren into a catch-net.'

There used to be very practiced ferreters in the area, but they have seemed to disappeared/died out. I have put an ad in the local classifieds, but no answer as yet. I don't want to poison, or gas, but they gotta go, or our driveway could cave in!

AndreaMG
10-26-2014, 05:28 AM
Lovely pelican but I wonder where's the baby it was most likely delivering? :)

copespeak
10-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Ha ha Andrea! He's too busy eating. But isn't that a stork that brings babies? :) :)

AndreaMG
10-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Ha ha Andrea! He's too busy eating. But isn't that a stork that brings babies? :) :)

Oops! :p:o