PDA

View Full Version : A Sheep - viewed a little differently!

Enug
10-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Experimenting with a different look.

eighty+
10-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Hi June your sheep reminds of a chee'ky story but I expect you've already heard it so I won't Bother

ok keep smiling as its Spring in AussieLand CIAO KIA ORA POZDRAWSKI

Enug
10-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Haven't heard it - is it for general telling or should it be after 9pm?:rolleyes:

D Akey
10-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Interesting technique. I like it. Feels like watercolor. As to the other bits with the black, it's an interesting choice though I'm wondering what this has to do with off-color humor. This doesn't quite bring to mind any dirty jokes, but now that the point was raised. . . I'm racking my brain to come up with something and I'm afraid I'm drawing a blank. . . unlike your painting which is far from a blank. Maybe we should ask the expert in the forums on anthropomorphized sheep, one Mr Fraser Paice.

Nice one.

So a dyslexic sheep walks into a bra. . .

Enug
10-15-2014, 04:36 AM
:D:D:D You made me chuckle Mr. Akey. I don't know what happened with this one - I was looking at some paintings of sheep by old masters. I cropped one and tried it in watercolour but it wasn't working but I kept it and threw in some other brushes, blend modes and a gradient.

There was also a lamb in the picture so I'm trying to do something with that.

Yes, Fraser Paice - I remember his sheep paintings - they are wonderful.

stevemawmv
10-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Hi June....Really reminds me of early cinema film, you know..like a single frame! Or, how about this... What if you took a picture of a spinning zoetrop and managed to capture a single image out of the many in the various stages of motion painted on the inside of the zoetrop...would you have a Softly blured image created by the movement?....I think you would! I also know that your experiment has nothing to do with anything I've just said...it's "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)"...
But I do like the ghostly eerie look to it, intentional or not...also the hint of motion which I really like! Plus I'll be looking forward to any tweaking you may do....
Take care,
Steve

Enug
10-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks Steve - I like the way your imagination works. I won't be tweaking this one - not sure why I even posted it other than as the title says 'viewed a little differently'. However, I am working on another - actually the lamb of this one and it's looking better so far.

Caesar
10-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Maybe seen by some sort of feline predator in infra-red at night ... it would have better come back to the sheepfold in time!:eek::cool:

Enug
10-16-2014, 01:47 AM
I think it might actually scare a predator with those glowing eyes.:)

Alexandra
10-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Great painting, Enug.
The neutral colors are so calming.:cool:

Enug
10-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Thank you Alexandra for those kind words. :)