PDA

View Full Version : Paintings I did lately.

waheednasir
10-14-2014, 03:25 AM
Hello everyone,
After a pretty long gap, im here to share few of my paintings I did recently plus some old work.
These are majorly done in Artrage (esp. the basic layout and initial start) with a touch in Photoshop and Painter and few are all in all Artrage pieces. Tablet used.
Please keep visiting as Ill be using this very thread for all of them and will be adding more.

Thanks you..:).

lunchbagart
10-14-2014, 03:35 AM
Wow excellent!

Caesar
10-14-2014, 04:07 AM
Dear Waheed, as always I'm in awe in front of Your top class mastery and art! I'll be regularly attending this window on Your marvellous universe of paintings for sure, you can bet on it! Thank You for sharing these wonders and being a reference i may set as a goal to eventually achieve ... in not less than a century, maybe, even with a tutorial by You. ;):oLOL

justjean
10-14-2014, 04:55 AM
Fantastic as always , Waheed

waheednasir
10-14-2014, 05:57 AM
Thank you lunchbagart, Caesar and Jean..:).

Dear Caesar, thats a huge compliment my friend ! Your work is equally good (and even better in some cases), its just the style that is different and thats the whole charm in art. infact, I can say this for all the people here, all are good in their own style.

There is just one thing that I would really like to add here, are about couple of basic elements, that one should take care of. I do that myself, the rest works well on its own afterwards. Its the Composition (the arrangement of elements in a painting in the initial layout), the color scheme and the light. Thats it. These are the points if taken care of, adds a lot to the work. And to be honest, I can see that most of the artists here know about these and handle that well..:).

Let me share few softer ones I did.

Marilyn Anne
10-14-2014, 07:00 AM
A joy to see the whole collection.

D Akey
10-14-2014, 07:57 AM
Wonderful. You've gotten more subtle in certain subjects. I loved the old style and I love the new. Great atmosphere and lighting as ever. Go Waheed!

Funny that you would put in another parrot here as you re-enter the forums. I recall that an earlier parrot you did is what caught my eye to even look at ArtRage in the first place as I was surfing the net back in 2006. I like this one too. This one feels more like a pet and less of a bright jungle display. (This is a parrot, right? Or parakeet? Wish I knew breeds of birds better so I could be sure about my comments. I do, however, know painting, and these are wonderful.)

justjean
10-14-2014, 08:19 AM
All are great but wonderful gorgeous colours in that purple pot painting :)

Victor Osaka
10-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Wow, so beautiful. An inspiration!

Alexandra
10-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi Waheed, it is such a pleasure to view your beautiful paintings again, thank you!

eighty+
10-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Hi Waheed Would it be Ok if I copy some of your paintings for pratice saying its a copy of Waheeds every

Time I try to paint them please Reply Yes or No regards AT+

Enug
10-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Beautiful paintings - did you use the palette knife on the mountains - I can't seem to get it to work like that. As Caesar hinted:) tutorials/hints will be most welcome. I see you already started that with the colour/composition/light, comment.

Mr. Akey - looks like a budgerigar (budgie) to me - native to Oz.:)

Caesar
10-14-2014, 08:18 PM
Dear Waheed, what You say is sheer wisdom and the essence of visual art, so we should stick Your words in front of us anytime we start a painting, illustration, take a shot with the camera etc. What You share is true art and what You show is the modesty and simplicity of a real master. Thank You and congratulations again! Also these new entries of Yours have a sublime touch and explain as clearly as Your words what You say.

waheednasir
10-15-2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks very much everyone ! Marilyn Anne, D Akey, justjean, Victor, Alexandra, eighty+, Enug, and Caesar.

Its always a great pleasure for me to share my work with all of you..:).

D Akey, thanks and you got that very right. its a pet, I got few with me along with little birds, finches. The one that i painted is a small Australian parrot, Parakeet, Budgerigar, or Budgie (as Enug mentioned), all are very close in their appearance and there is another one called RedEye.

eighty+, sure, please go ahead, you can always do that.

Enug, yes, I do use palette knife a lot, along with basic oil brush and on mountains I do that often. Im sorry I didnt make any new tutorial but I did share couple of them here some time ago, if you have missed them, here are the links:

Tree
http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?37908-Tree-Speed-Painting-With-a-Video-Tutorial

Still life
http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?37858-My-Tutorial-Walkthrough-Digital-Drawing-in-Artrage

You can get youtube links from these pages. Hope they are helpful for you in some way.

Caesar, thats very kind of you my friend..:).

Cheers.

gxhpainter2
10-15-2014, 03:07 AM
Waheed, so good to see new works from you , and fun to see that even as a working professional you still find time for your own work. All of them have a charming and very personal quality that is very moving in an age of massive image making, for gaming, movies, illustrations... just my personal take on things of course.:):):):)

Enug
10-15-2014, 04:24 AM
Thank you so much Waheed for the links to your tutorials - I have watched both with interest and also listened to 'Dark Eyes' - beautiful.

Ostogar
10-15-2014, 05:22 AM
I like them all

waheednasir
10-15-2014, 05:23 AM
Thank you gxhpainter and Enug..:).

few more:

D Akey
10-15-2014, 07:27 AM
Thank you gxhpainter and Enug..:).

few more:

Wow. I must say, they're all very good, though I must say that snow scene is really great. You've got quite an interesting job that takes you through some dark rather cinematic themes. Did they ever finish that movie you were working on last time you were hanging out here?

They've got to be glad to have you to help them collect their visions into something more solid than words. I'm sure it's something of a rush for them to hand you an assignment and to then see it at this stage. Makes them look intelligent and artistic too no doubt.

justjean
10-15-2014, 07:37 AM
All are great but love that snow scene, it really shows the cold, feeling of solitude and strength of a lovely winter day

Now off to look at your tutorials , thank you :)

Caesar
10-15-2014, 08:22 PM
They're all amazing again! What a contrast between the mountain wood with snow and the urban industrial view with smog! A most quiet and a most dramatic one together ... You're a visual poet of vast emotional landscapes of any kind. Technique and art match perfectly in Your works.

Alexandra
10-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Wow, and wow again, what beautiful additions, Waheed!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

waheednasir
10-17-2014, 02:46 AM
Ostogar, D Akey, Jean and Caesar, thank you very much...:).

D Akey, yes the movie is even released and doing good. I assume I mentioned about the movie im takling about, cause I worked on more than one. I art directed the visual effects in that and did most of the 2d stuff, movie's name is "Big Ass Spider" (initially called Mega Spider) and it has been screened at a lot of venues in USA, esp LA and even got couple of quite prestigious awards on its visual effects work. Im on a break these days, as there are things I have to handle and even busy at home, doing free lance work these days, whenever possible.

I have quite a few more paintings to share, that i selected for this thread, so here are few more:

Thanks..:).

D Akey
10-17-2014, 06:49 AM
Wonderful. Really love the lava one especially but they're all very cool.

Interesting, I looked at the Wiki on Big Ass Spider and since it took place in LA that maybe you are at SMC after all. Heh.

Anyway, glad to hear you're so busy. You certainly deserve it.

Enug
10-17-2014, 01:49 PM
I think they are all amazing but being a romantic I'm drawn to the 'Forest stream'.

sabena
10-18-2014, 11:28 AM
wow fantastic work very well done

waheednasir
10-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Thanks very much my friends !

D Akey...SMC now Im really starting to think I should. some day perhaps..:).

Sabena, nice looking site and work..:).

Here few more and the Yellow pot with Cactus (all Artrage) painted today morning.

Cheers.

Alexandra
10-20-2014, 01:17 AM
I am mesmerized. Wow......:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool ::cool::cool::cool:
What wonderful work, Waheed. Again, I look forward to the incredible views.

Caesar
10-21-2014, 01:08 AM
They're all awfully good and different from each other, apart Your unmistakable style, dear Waheed! I start to feel also scared by the thought that it takes to You very little time to get one of these stunning artpieces, considering the sheer flow of marvels You are sharing in few days!:eek::cool::):):):):)
OK, I may stand up again now! I hope that five minute bowing may have expressed all my respect for Your incredible production of artworks. LOL;):o:D:D:D:D

coops
10-23-2014, 01:01 AM
As always exquisite work and fabulous lighting:)

D Akey
10-23-2014, 07:43 AM
More gems. Fantastic. You have several styles now, each is very accomplished. Go Waheed Go!!!!! :):):):):)

waheednasir
10-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Alexandra, Caesar, coops and D Akey...Thank you very much !

Caesar...hehehe, no need my friend. Thanks.

D Akey...lol...I like that "Go Waheed Go"...hehehe...im sure you know the actual, original slogan that is all around these days. :D

Cheers.

D Akey
10-25-2014, 01:40 AM
D Akey...lol...I like that "Go Waheed Go"...hehehe...im sure you know the actual, original slogan that is all around these days. :D

There's an original slogan? All I know is the one I stole stole from very early rock n' roll and the bee-bopping beatniks (maybe even earlier with jitterbug dancing) which is "Go man go" or "Go cat go", with 'cat' being a variation of 'hep cat' which is a great compliment for a musician or anyone who is 'with it' or who knows or has been initiated into the real creative stuff. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

You would say "Go cat go" or Go man go" to a musician pulling a super fiery solo that is fast and perfect and in that musical consciousness where they're almost possessed by that creative stuff that's in a realm beyond the average person. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I'm almost afraid to ask what the saying has been turned into these days. I've been saying it for years. :eek::D:rolleyes::p:eek:

copespeak
10-25-2014, 09:01 AM
All are beautiful paintings. Wonderful light and atmosphere in the landscapes, and I love that little cactus!

waheednasir
10-25-2014, 05:00 PM
D Akey...I know what you mean and thats right. hehehe...That was from way back. But these days its there all over even outside my country and that too for a very different reason....A strong political reason and so I dont want to spoil this thread with it. So ill inbox/message you for more...:).

Thank you copespeak..:).

Be well.

koalablue
10-25-2014, 10:06 PM
What can I say except........ WOW, these are fabulous paintings. Awesome work!

AndreaMG
10-26-2014, 05:18 AM
Top notch stuff. You're crazy good :cool:

waheednasir
10-26-2014, 05:09 PM
koalablue and AndreaMG, thanks very much !

pai
11-07-2014, 04:15 PM
It fantastic eyes treat for me from you, Waheed. Thanks so much for sharing your recent works. I really love each of every painting and very inspiring to me too :)

Stephen Lo Piano
11-08-2014, 08:46 AM
You have some excellent cityscapes and landscapes here. Notice in all the landscapes you have on this forum thread there is a distinctive characteristic of the background hills and mountains sloping on the horizon towards the center of the images.
Creates a focal point that leads the viewer towards the center of the artwork, in combination with good object balance on both sides of the focal point.