PDA

View Full Version : Hitting High Notes

gxhpainter2
10-06-2014, 06:12 AM
ok this was kinda of a big swerve to the right as far as what I have been doing, It think it was caused by too much sun yesterday... or listening to older jazz? anyway hopefully you find something you enjoy in it..

D Akey
10-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Ach! I can see yoor confusion, laddie. High notes - highlands. . . they sound related, sounds comin' from the Argyle region.

Good on ye, Gary. All the vitamin D from the sun has a pronounced effect on the paint brushes.

gxhpainter2
10-06-2014, 06:53 AM
DAkey... ah I think you stumbled on to the unconscious desire for a taste of single malt, I will confess to having a taste for Laphroaig... love the smoky peaty quality... which lead me to this next work. It is a little fuzzy, not sure why that would be...:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:

just for fun check this out http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/laphroaig-scotch-doesnt-mind-if-you-think-it-tastes-burning-hospital-158069

stevemawmv
10-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Hi Gary,

Gary. All the vitamin D from the sun has a pronounced effect on the paint brushes.The sun the jazz, a change in the temperature..It's all good!
Don't know if to much sun or 'All that jazz' is going make you hit those high notes ....Might make you swerve to the right if you were changing the station on the car radio while driving...just get back on the road and take it easy today. It's a good one, I' am missing your vibrant colors though.
'Abstract and music'...made me think of Alfred Gockel.
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
10-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Guid efternuin Gary...
Ah wee drop you say...Be havin' ah wee drop meself of 25 year old Glenfarclas I've got saved in the cabinet ah wee bit later.....'Gary...your colors are returning!...maybe I'll pass on my wee drop later?
Steve

D Akey
10-06-2014, 08:29 AM
DAkey... ah I think you stumbled on to the unconscious desire for a taste of single malt, I will confess to having a taste for Laphroaig... love the smoky peaty quality... which lead me to this next work. It is a little fuzzy, not sure why that would be...:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:

just for fun check this out http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/laphroaig-scotch-doesnt-mind-if-you-think-it-tastes-burning-hospital-158069

HAHAHAHA:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rol leyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::cool::cool::eek::eek: :eek::eek::p:p:p:p;););););)

What a great link! What a genius advertising campaign. Don't know who invented garage bands wherein everybody who could hold a guitar or bang pots played songs like Louie Louie because. . . well everybody could play. And what better consciousness to get into when getting hammered than wordplay and outdoing everyone else with disgusting concepts. Brilliant in that they really nailed it.

Laphroaig is like _____ (fill in the blank)_____. . .

Be sure to use the words analogous to smoke, earthy smells (if not tastes), and what happens to one when wildly inebriated. The more colorful and off the wall, the better your score.

D Akey
10-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Guid efternuin Gary...
Ah wee drop you say...Be havin' ah wee drop meself of 25 year old Glenfarclas I've got saved in the cabinet ah wee bit later.....'Gary...your colors are returning!...maybe I'll pass on my wee drop later?
Steve

Hoot. and then you'll soon continue yer weein' no doobt. . . tho you'll be advised to take it to the heeghlands tho cause it all flows downhill. . . which is no just a good idea. . . it's the law.

stevemawmv
10-06-2014, 10:18 AM
You caught that...did ya?....
No be pullin' the woolies over your eyes D Akey! Hehehe......

Enug
10-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Dear ghxpainter - I wanted to comment on your paintings but with all the banter, I can't keep a straight face.

However, I will say Iove the bright happy colours - along with the Scotch they will keep you all warm and happy in the highlands.

Caesar
10-06-2014, 10:10 PM
A Pentagram-butterfly in the first one, so fly the music notes and their colors! The second one is an Arlequin-like patchwork which is not exactly a geometrical tiling. I like the first one in particularand I can't say if You should share credits with the sun ...LOL;)

Marilyn Anne
10-07-2014, 10:27 AM
When I want to play with Artrage I sometimes work like that. It is fun and satisfying. Very absorbing and distracting. Very nice play of all those colors and contrasts.

gxhpainter2
10-07-2014, 11:24 AM
When I want to play with Artrage I sometimes work like that. It is fun and satisfying. Very absorbing and distracting. Very nice play of all those colors and contrasts.Thanks Marilyn, it was fun and very satisfying, shifting the shapes around and changing colors on the different layers.. you seem to understand where it came from!...:cool::cool::):):)

gxhpainter2
10-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Dear ghxpainter - I wanted to comment on your paintings but with all the banter, I can't keep a straight face.

However, I will say Iove the bright happy colours - along with the Scotch they will keep you all warm and happy in the highlands. HeeHee.. yes we did kind of go off an a tangent, all in great fun!.. thanks for stopping by and commenting... and having a laugh with us!.

gxhpainter2
10-07-2014, 11:27 AM
A Pentagram-butterfly in the first one, so fly the music notes and their colors! The second one is an Arlequin-like patchwork which is not exactly a geometrical tiling. I like the first one in particularand I can't say if You should share credits with the sun ...LOL;) dear Caesar, yes it may have been more the Scotch than the sun in this case...but I had a great time with this diversion...:cool::cool: hope your mouse approves :rolleyes::rolleyes:

kenmo
10-09-2014, 02:10 AM
Awesome abstracts....:cool::cool::cool:

lunchbagart
10-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Hey these images are cool!

gxhpainter2
10-09-2014, 03:43 AM
Awesome abstracts....:cool::cool::cool:Thanks kenmo great to hear from you again!..:):):):):):)

Hey these images are cool! welcome lunchbagart... love your handle by the way... you certainly made a splash with those incredible painting/posts. Hope we get to see a lot more .. and thanks glad you liked this set..:):):):cool::cool:

Alexandra
10-11-2014, 02:30 AM
Saxophones and butterflies...
there is music with this beautiful view, Gary.
Another "love it" from me.:cool::cool::cool: