PDA

View Full Version : A Pot of Lobelias

Enug
10-05-2014, 08:53 PM
A pot of lobelias in my garden is looking so pretty; so I took a photo as a ref for a painting. I also painted a single lobelia flower and made a sticker spray. This is the result.

RedSaucers
10-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Very nice, I especially like the tiling.

eighty+
10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Ansome June I only hope the early Frost don't get them :) Ow Blast it I clean forgot your in Aussie Land now :eek: CIAO KIA ORA POZDRAWSKI

Enug
10-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks Red I edited a layer with a brick paving grain and brushed colour over and then transformed.

Thanks to you also Mr. Ploos yes, it's warming up now - daylight saving started today - Summer's on the way. Some areas around here get frost at times but we seem to be protected. These flowers must be quite hardy as I put them in last year and I'm hopeless with pots as I forget to water them but they are doing well.

eighty+
10-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Hey June What is the matter ok you now the tune just hum it ok all yoking apart make sure you don't over water them ok CIAO

D Akey
10-06-2014, 06:02 AM
A pot of lobelias in my garden is looking so pretty; so I took a photo as a ref for a painting. I also painted a single lobelia flower and made a sticker spray. This is the result.

Looking great. Knew you would nail getting facile with your picture making, but you're flying forward really quickly. Go June!!!!!!!

stevemawmv
10-06-2014, 09:32 AM
They're a pretty bunch June.....I like the white background, makes the whole painting pop!
Take care,
Steve

Victor Osaka
10-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Love the texture on the pot as well.

gxhpainter2
10-06-2014, 12:13 PM
wow, what a beautiful work, love the composition, textures and colors... excellent work June

Enug
10-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Mr.Ploos - I love you, never a dull moment when you are around.:)

Mr.Akey - had to look up 'facile'. :o Means making things look easy. Well it surprised me how quick and easy this one was. Making the individual flower sticker spray took me longer.

Steve - I wasn't sure about the white background - I did try a background but it competed with the busyness of the flowers. It needed something so that's why the paving.;)

Victor - the texture was one offered by Henry Stahle on his blog - looks like a soft carpet. http://www.pennaochpensel.se/

gxhpainter - a lovely compliment as your paintings are all about composition, texture and colours.:D

D Akey
10-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Mr.Akey - had to look up 'facile'. :o Means making things look easy. Well it surprised me how quick and easy this one was. Making the individual flower sticker spray took me longer.

Yeah, the handy way you're painting, try to remember that word cause it's bound to come up a lot. You're in the facile zone. You're getting the hang of this painting jazz. And the ultimate place to get to is where you have nothing between your creative inner voice and the canvas and don't have to think much about it, where you have such facility that it just flows.