PDA

View Full Version : Spring is Here in Australia

copespeak
10-01-2014, 11:24 AM
The daffodils are just about finished now.

Haven't posted anything for a while, as I'm working on canvas and paper for our local Artist Market rather than the pooter. Nice to be back and keeping my hands clean. A bit rough and scruff, but I enjoyed doing it. :)

stevemawmv
10-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Hello Robyn.....I like the 'Daffy Dillys'....Good to hear and see some work from you....Hope all's well!
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
10-01-2014, 01:18 PM
I lean toward the monitor to sniff these flowers and think Springtime smells. . . mmmmmmm -- linseed. . . and turpentine! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

copespeak
10-01-2014, 01:42 PM
No, this one is digital Mr Akey, and not very good.

Here is what I did the other day .... a very quick practice one on canvas. Ref from a generous friend and well known horse photographer. Done in Free Flow Acrylics, pastel, and gouache. Loved doing it!

Marilyn Anne
10-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I love the quick capture of the wonderful breezy daffodils. Just great!

Enug
10-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Lovely daffodils Robyn - yes, spring has sprung and loving it! :)

Your horse painting is really something - I get the feeling of movement - beautiful work.

justjean
10-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Great daffs Robyn and a beautiful horse

Caesar
10-02-2014, 12:56 AM
Marvellous daffodils, but this splendid horse attract by far more my painting taste as a preferable subject for a man, an ancient-fashioned one at least, I'm afraid.

gxhpainter2
10-02-2014, 05:45 AM
:cool::cool:I was beginning to wonder why you had not been posting lately, just some comments..but super happy to know you were busy
with canvas and trad media... always good to go back to your roots I think... love the daffodils and of course your horse, you have
such an experience eye for revealing form through colors and giving a sense of drama and excitement... even in florals..:rolleyes:

Alexandra
10-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Both are such beautiful paintings, Robyn. I can't decide which one I love the most.

vandra
10-02-2014, 08:32 PM
I love both of your paintings. The daffodils bring back such wonderful memories for me. (We can't grow them in the tropics). I can almost smell there beautiful scent. Your horse is amazing and looks like a very good mover :).

D Akey
10-05-2014, 08:46 AM
I especially love the neck and body because of the open quality where you're using your background as part of the piece. Integrates it all quite nicely.

Hope you're feeling well.

copespeak
10-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind comments!

Not well, Mr Akey, but giving it my best shot. :) No definite diagnosis yet, and things are getting a little more dire where I can't stand at the easel for long. But I am losing a dear friend at the moment, which is far worse for her, so I will work around it and live with my limitations.

hildee
10-05-2014, 09:48 AM
They're beautiful daffies, Robyn, and the horse is perfect. I'm very partial to horses...and daffies too actually. We grow rows of them in our front garden. They didn't last all that long this season though.

D Akey
10-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Not well, Mr Akey, but giving it my best shot. :) No definite diagnosis yet, and things are getting a little more dire where I can't stand at the easel for long. But I am losing a dear friend at the moment, which is far worse for her, so I will work around it and live with my limitations.

Ugh. . . yeah. What's up with these people. Tell 'em all to get healthy. . . Wave that wand. . . or stylus. . . Got a relative going through their version of it too. Rather steals our thunder don't ya know. . . although I would never wish it on them. But without all the sympathy, it's sorta pointless being ill. Might just as well be healthy and leave all the fuss and bother to those who are really sick. . .

You've got paintings to paint. So get on it. No lollygagging now. . .

copespeak
10-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Good advice!

AndreaMG
10-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Splendid outcomes Dear Robyn. Enjoy the spring ^^

koalablue
10-06-2014, 02:18 AM
I think we have well passed spring in Queensland......it's getting quite warm!

The daffs are beautifully painted. I love the horse having been a horse person in the past. I like the movement of the painting. Awesome work!