PDA

View Full Version : A contest proposal (Eighty's, Alexandra's, Andrea's and my versions so far)

Caesar
09-30-2014, 09:46 PM
I would propose to anyone possibly interested complete and paint this attached imaginary vignette sketch drew by my now famous mouse. This would help me to to force me to complete it. There's an obviously clear reference and tribute to old pin-ups, especially Gil Elvgren's, to Coppertone and whatever else You may find familiar. Anyway, for some reason, my mouse would have not followed my indications if the pet were a cat ... LOL:o;)
I would thank very much in advance whoever will accept this little challenge to their creativity, but absolutely feel no obligation at all if it does not inspire You ...
To whoever will proceed, fill free to adapt and improve the drawing, ..... ENJOY and HAVE FUN!

eighty+
09-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One With Mighty Mouse Nah too good for me I'm more used to Bus Sketch'es I'll Pass go and leave it ti those who Can

OK CIAO STATTE BBUONO...Si......Si

Caesar
10-01-2014, 07:20 AM
C'mon, dear ATPlus, You painted so far much more difficult pictures and You know how to use layers or selections. Anyway no obligation, as I said. I'm sure ou're cookin' up some other funny recipe .....

Thank You, dear iphone 4 lock and welcome!

D Akey
10-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Cool stuff, Caesar. Mind the perspective on everybody's feet.

I think I'll check back in when she gets down to the bathing suit level. . . That dog looks as if his master just told him to "fetch" and he's a little awkward about it, and hoping the lady will see the sense in it all. Nothing quite like a guilty dog to add a level of light charm.

Elvgren would be proud that he fostered a son such as you, although he may have been dismayed at how much you play with that mouse, or maybe not, come to think of it. :rolleyes::o:o:p:D:D:D:D:D

stevemawmv
10-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Caesar....Contest without winners...sounds more like a project my friend. Going to bow out as well, but I'am personally looking forward to you finishing this image, fore its the style I've come to know and enjoy of yours and to me wouldn't be the same if I mucked about with it...She's looking good!
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
10-01-2014, 10:17 PM
LOL:o;) Dear D Akey, You're probably right to point out that there's some perspetive errors I made using the mouse and no construction lines. I just hope they're acceptable enough and i hop that some adjustment may improve that. Thank You for your compliment too and also for the funny interpretation of this vignette (the dog actually looks rather like a hound, so ..., but it was evidently trained for a specific kind of game).

Thank you, dear Steve. Well the theme might be treated also by means of a different drawing and sketch in case and You may soak the scene into the penumbra and shadows of Your style in case. Anyway I think I'll soon give a start to at least a quick finished version of it. :)

eighty+
10-02-2014, 04:00 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Well as you've twisted my arm but as you can see I Cheated

and used the Trace but not a habit I want to get used to OK CIAO STATTE BBUONO...Si

Si POZDRAWSKI

Alexandra
10-02-2014, 07:33 AM
I am going to try, Cesare.
Great job Eighty!

Caesar
10-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Dear ATPlus, what an outstanding outcome You got! :eek::cool: I like in particular Your Scooby Doo like dane dog. You see, You were too bashful, but You had more than enough mastery to try.;) Thank you!

Dear Sandra, thank You in advance. I look forward anxiously to see what Your creativity and art would produce.

eighty+
10-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Hail Caesar O Mighty One. Yeah. Scooby doo. Didn't quiet look like that on my screen ok. I've. Only

Just woke up. So I 'm on my IPad when later on the Wacom. I 'll send a tart up. But it might not be any

better ok CIAO

eighty+
10-02-2014, 11:39 PM
O K Caesar The Tart up CIAO

Caesar
10-03-2014, 12:47 AM
WOW. Definitely better defined and less impressionistic my friend!:eek::cool::D:D:D:D

Caesar
10-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Here's my version. I used felt pens ....

eighty+
10-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Hey hey. Hay Caesar. IVe heard of spoty dog stories. But that's going too far ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ciao. STATTE. BBUONO....Si.........Si

Alexandra
10-03-2014, 04:36 PM
An alien wearing a frisbee? Oh no, please don't bite the orb, poor dog.:eek:
I hope that this is good for a laugh, Cesare!:o
I really like your pretty lady and her dog matching her dress. So clever!

stevemawmv
10-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Absolutely enjoying the different personal styles being given to Caesar's image.....Differently would know who did what if one had to guess at the artist...'Now that would be a contest!
Fun work all....Take care,
Steve

Caesar
10-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Thank You, dear ATPlus! For charming ladies the hunting season is always open. You either have the right weapon and charme bullet ... or a retriever.:o;)LOL

Dear Sandra, You really went beyond my expectations (which were quite high for a truly artist like You)! :eek::cool::o;) LOL It is absolutely funny (I did chuckle to the idea of a frisbee and a ball for dog playing). Moreover the lady feature reminded me of something dej-vu (I cannot say where) as well as of the Jetson dressing fashion. Your creativity, originality and personal style shine in this little contest too just like these two alien beings. Thank You and congrats!

Dear Steve, as I said and it's becoming evident, this contest is absolutely accessible to any artist mate and style in here, since any style, interpretation and change may be applied to adapt to each one's sensibility and humor. I'm glad You enjoyed the idea and, even more, the outcomes and I look forward to see other mates to accept the little inherent challenge and make an attempt of their own. Thank You!

AndreaMG
10-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Here's mine ^^

Caesar
10-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Dear Andrea, thank You for Your contribution. Nobody could fail to recognize Your griffe indeed. It's absolutely brilliant and vivid! Forza Toro ... che ha, a differenza della Juve, avuto anche un bel cu ...ore alla fine! Ah,ah;)

D Akey
10-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Aw, man. . . spectacular! I feel like buying sun tan lotion, a Coke and having my car worked on all at the same time from all these calendar girls in those fun pin-up/advertising situations. You guys rock!

Well done Caesar. Clearly you have a crowd here who like the ladies, the more kitsch, the better.

Stylistically so inventive, you lot! Bravo!

copespeak
10-05-2014, 09:52 AM
So interesting seeing everyone's styles working. Some beauties there! I keep meaning to have a crack, but haven't had the time .... I will though. :)

AndreaMG
10-06-2014, 01:18 AM
Dear Andrea, thank You for Your contribution. Nobody could fail to recognize Your griffe indeed. It's absolutely brilliant and vivid! Forza Toro ... che ha, a differenza della Juve, avuto anche un bel cu ...ore alla fine! Ah,ah;)

Thank you Dear Caesar, your version is brilliant too ^^ We do not have "santi in paradiso" so our only weapon remains the "c" factor ^^ Omaggi to your trusty mouse :cool:

AndreaMG
10-06-2014, 07:59 AM
See? :rolleyes:

Caesar
10-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Thank You, dear D Akey! I like very much Your comment, since I have a high opinion of good old times US commercial illustrators!

Dear Robyn, I'm sure this thread will be honored by one of Your outstanding artpieces, once You will have the opportunity to give a try. I thank You in advance

A real victim playing virtuoso, isn't he, dear Andrea?;)
I know, they are still unable to accept a defeat by Juve, especially now that they reached our level, perhaps, without the usual arguments, self-pity, force-majeure causes etc. without considering the actual match, the control and pressure by each of the teams, other doubtful episodes or simply the overall maturity of Juve as a team.
Any outcome was open and Juve victory was the one that eventually came out. Totti's and even more Garcia's attitudes are not that fair, rather a little miserable, I think, very similar to the bar opinion of Trastevere fan club of supporters and different from the reactions of the Juve fan club supporter in Reggio Calabria (if You saw RAI2 channel). Should what they say be true, the last three championship victories, the sequence of records etc. all depend by the referees who, notoriously, score or ward off for Juve too. All very provinciale.
This doesn't help normalize our soccer at all. It's disquieting and embarassing some sudden Garcia's classless change (into Mr. Hyde) without any repenting, such as, for instance, last year against Lazio's coach for an unhappy joke.
BTW, most of the other matches yesterday were reported to have been affected by referee mistakes, quite more evident in at least a couple of cases. Only one is The Case though ... Thnk You!

AndreaMG
10-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Biscardi, the profet of the "moviola in campo" has remained unheard, these are the results... now the performance of this referee has arrived in the parliament, but I think much more important matters should be discussed there. Watch out for infuriated romanists out there in the capital :D Ciau ne

markw
10-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Thought I might try one...

Enug
10-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Wonderful stuff! :D:D

Caesar
10-08-2014, 01:29 AM
Thank You, dear Enug, for Your appreciation!

Dear Markw, You di a fantastic job! :eek: Amazing, also condidering that the perspective seems different here and it still works! Very cool one!:cool: Thank You!

damasocl
10-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Ac en el hemisferio sur ya hace calor...

Here in the southern hemisphere and doing heat ...

Caesar
10-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Grazie, caro Damaso! Io ero sicuro che una bella signorina poteva gustarti! Bravissimo! Che pupa sexy hai dipinto! Il tuo cane sembra avere anche le pulci!
LOL;):D
Thank You, dear Damaso! I was sure that a beautiful miss could please You! Bravissimo! What a sexy baby You painted! Your dog seems to have fleas too!;):D