PDA

View Full Version : Grapes and Pears

creationsings
03-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Another fruit painting using oils and palette knife. I really enjoyed doing this one because of the lighting. No tracing or cloning. :)

Any comments and critique are much welcome.

ENCHANTER
03-13-2007, 06:44 AM
excellent still life.........do you actually sett the fruit up yourself or use ref images?

.....your grapes are better painted than mine :)

Fashmir
03-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Nicely done Erica. Your grapes transmit light through themselves. I love the reflected light you've done bouncing off the pears.

creationsings
03-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks, enchanter...I found a reference image over at the wetcanvas image library. I don't have a good setup for painting from life with my computer as it is now. Maybe one of these days. :)

Thanks for your comments, Fashmir...I very grateful. It was a great reference image to work with...Unfortunately, I don't have the gift of imagination...so my painting is mostly dictated by the reference images that I find.

AndyRage
03-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Oh brilliant. The lighting in this is just awesome. Fashmir said it - your translucency and radiosity is perfect. I also admire the way you've got the surface of the pear to appear slightly roughened where the grapes are smooth and shiny.
This is a stunning work - I hope you're very proud of it!

Thirsty Eye
03-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Well done..

Great lighting effect and shadowing. I like much the standing pear and the way it is shadowed.
One littl ething, I think the left side of the container needs a few touches to be realized as round.

I really enjoyed looking at this piece.

And I see that you, creationsings, are getting fascinated by painting still life. Keep it up :)

creationsings
03-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks Andy, your compliments mean a lot. :) I am quite pleased with the results.

Thirsty Eye...You are right. I hadn't really noticed the left side of the bowl was a bit off. I got lost in the rest of the piece, I suppose. I went back and updated it and this is the result. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
And yes, I'm really enjoying still life. I enjoy it because, in most cases, the light is as much the subject as the object itself. It makes it an enjoyable challenge.

Selby
03-13-2007, 11:23 AM
the way you got the grapes really translucent is great :D

Selby

Loki
03-15-2007, 10:01 PM
This is nice, the colors are so vibrant!

well done

pai
03-16-2007, 05:55 PM
hi creationsings,

another nice fruit painting. :D