PDA

View Full Version : Dry sponge or paper towel effect

tonyt
09-26-2014, 05:33 AM
Hi
I am new here and have searched the forums with no luck, so please be patient. I am trying ( using AR4 ) to build up some overlapping tree foliage colours using wet brush. I then want to remove some or all of the paint to show through to other foliage colours or the sky background using the above brush types. I can't seem to find them or another way of doing it:confused: - help much appreciated!:D
Cheers
tonyt

fstopdigital
10-08-2014, 05:31 AM
couple of things you could try - an oil brush with loading set very low and thinners pretty high - this creates a nice extended dry brush look

a paint roller set with pressure to "high" (counter-intuitive) - this will give you even see-through color with the paper texture behind it. You could set that layer texture to be a dry sponge for this effect

very lightly applied watercolor with sponge like paper texture

a stamp or sticker with a dry brush / sponge look

HannahRage
10-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Or dabs (instead of strokes) with the oil brush using 0% thinners and 100% stiffness

Or glitter, to lay down a sparse mix of colours (you could then even select one colour with the select tool and delete it)

Or low pressure pastel/chalk, to get a similar effect to the high pressure paint roller

There are also a lot of sticker brushes. Have a look at them all here http://artrageteam.deviantart.com/art/ArtRage-Sticker-Spray-Presets-Reference-Sheet-444869027

thienthanh2710
04-25-2016, 03:44 PM
I am also concerned, and I see good, do not know no adverse effects. Very pleased. Plesea technology289.com