PDA

View Full Version : Best Friends

vandra
09-24-2014, 09:32 PM
I thought I'd check in with my painting which has taken me "FOREVER" :-). I used a reference photo which was taken with a cheap old phone. Very little colour and lots of noise. It was such a lovely photo of my daughter and her beloved dog that I decided that I would try a bit of realism. I think I stuffed up a bit with shadows but she loves it - so does Lippy the dog, so that's what counts. I used oils and my palette knife.

I have also been involved with some photography courses which I have found very informative for future references I may wish to take for my paintings :-). They have taken some time too.

Anyway, thought I'd share it ....... hope you like it ....

Caesar
09-24-2014, 09:55 PM
You made an excellent job on Your picture! The outcome is wonderful indeed. Natural pose and richly colorful painting.

hildee
09-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Simply lovely painting. You've captured the folds so well, all of the many in this painting. Great job :D

stevemawmv
09-25-2014, 04:29 AM
Hello Vandra..... "FOREVER" paid off, you've done a great job creating a lovely painting of your daughter and her beloved Lippy....Nicely done!
Steve

copespeak
09-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Totally delightful Vandra and so well painted.

vandra
09-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks everyone.

Yes Hildi, there are a lot of folds :-). It was difficult to make out which blanket/sheet was which from the photo but I think they all merged in. I've had a canvas print made for her birthday.

koalablue
09-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Beautiful painting.

samiro
09-26-2014, 03:02 AM
A very spontaneous pose ..Beautiful scene. nicely done :)

kenmo
09-26-2014, 03:17 AM
Turned out quite well...Is this like Painter's clone painting type of a technique? If so I wasn't aware ArtRage was capable of this... Awesome painting none the less....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
09-26-2014, 04:52 AM
So wonderful. If dogs designed their perfect world, this is what it would look like.

Great job. She's got to be over the moon with this one. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

vandra
09-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Thank you for you comments koalablue, samiro, kenmo and D.Akey. :cool:

Kenmo, I definitely was going for realism which is what took so long. As I said in my original comments, it was such a beautiful photo etc, but a very bad one and that is why I decided to have a go at painting it. I've never used Painter. I do believe there is a cloning facility in ArtRage. I haven't used it yet but I've watched a couple of youtube videos. Not sure if it would apply to reference photos though. It's in the tools palette and looks like a little rubber stamp.

Bertrude
09-27-2014, 06:11 AM
A lovely, warm personal painting. Lovely work on all the fabric folds and creases.

Marilyn Anne
09-27-2014, 09:30 PM
A lovely picture. Cozy, sweet and delightful!

byroncallas
09-28-2014, 12:58 AM
I think it is terrific.

vandra
09-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Thank you for you comments on my painting Bertrude, Marilyn Anne and byroncallas