Bertrude
09-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Some sci-fi, fantasy nonsense :)

RedSaucers
09-21-2014, 11:11 AM
I really like nonsense.

stevemawmv
09-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Hi Bertrude....Very interesting, I don't think its nonsensical at all, looks almost as if its a floating apparition of the sentinel that once stood guard there, but still conveying a 'you've been warned' message to all that have ventured there....
Cool...spooky, I like it!
Take care,
Steve

gxhpainter2
09-21-2014, 11:35 AM
yep... I saw this guy just yesterday.....I was warned... :cool::cool: nice and painterly , unusual but maybe a warning to us all...

TomasBj
09-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Very cool! The two black holes with different colour flames makes me think if there's a deeper meaning to it :)

D Akey
09-22-2014, 05:16 AM
Fantastic! Pro level. Really cool on lots of levels.

AndreaMG
09-23-2014, 07:08 AM
Haha cool, look life a sort of mix of Star Wars emperor and the villain in Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water ^^

Bertrude
09-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments.

It was partially inspired by the look of the Imperial Guards in Return of the Jedi so you're not too far off Andrea ;)

I'm not familiar with 'Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water' but am quite partial to a bit of Anime now and then, so I'll try and check it out. How can I not when the villain has an outfit like that.

D Akey
09-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Anime is such a madcap adventure. Some is super brilliant. But for me when watching anything, it's gotta have a good story. Some of them are pretty amazing with their art quality. And if the story's good, I love it. I came in late to it though. It's not really my generation's art form. I think it started catching on with personal computing and the internet.

I've tried, and I'm afraid there are certain things that have to happen to make it watchable. I saw a few good ones in a row, and thus inspired that I hit a gold mine, I unfortunately threw down my hard earned money and bought packaged collection of the show Lain, and maaaaaaaaaannnnnn is it slooooooooowwwwwww. Probably is a great pairing with heroin.

If what I wound up buying were streamlined and edited down to make it peppy, wow. Thing is it's a brilliant concept that must have been done on a really tight budget or by just a few people. They set a cool mood. Awesome premise. I think the show may have been designed for office workers who have to get work done and only occasionally look over to a little screen they have secretly playing so the boss doesn't catch them distracting to see if anything happened. Sheeeeesh!

But on the flip side of that, Anime as a genre has proven to be really free and can get away with any concept and the more fantastic the better. And that's a breath of fresh air. Just wish I knew which ones were worth watching. I loved Miyasaki. A genius. Please clone him.

Sorry for the digression. . .

eighty+
09-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Hi. Bertrude. Funny I thought he was just waiting to go in the ring ;) :D:D:D ciao. SLAINTE