PDA

View Full Version : Swasbuckler's Ball Poster

Fashmir
09-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Here is the 2014 Swashbuckler's Ball poster I did (mostly) in ArtRage 4.5. I did use Adobe Photoshop CC2014 for some things having to do with non-destructive editing near the end of the project. I also used Alien Skin 'Exposure' to put that decay patina on the outer edges. The Symmetry tool was VERY handy making those pistols. I hand drew the typography from fonts laid out in PS and made into stencils for the basic outline shapes. There is more about this project on their website www.swashbucklersball.com
I hope you enjoy!

Enug
09-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Ah, Another pirate among us! Looks like the map was put to good use. Really well done and thanks for explaining the steps taken for this great result.

Fashmir
09-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Thanks Enug. Now that I think about it, I should have said the symmetry tool was also handy for the filigree top and bottom as well as the band banner in the lower section.

koalablue
09-15-2014, 08:13 PM
I like this very much. Excellent detail work.

Caesar
09-16-2014, 01:01 AM
It's an amazing outcome indeed, dear Fashmir! Welcome back for sharing it! It looks your beard got a little platinum-blonder ...LOL;):o

Fashmir
09-16-2014, 04:25 AM
It's an amazing outcome indeed, dear Fashmir! Welcome back for sharing it! It looks your beard got a little platinum-blonder ...LOL;):o

Hi Caesar! Thanks for looking in and for your kind comment. Yeah the beard just keeps getting whiter and whiter. ;-)

gxhpainter2
09-16-2014, 04:50 AM
very nice work Fashmir, I think it is a good sign for AR that it is finding it way into the professional's workflow as you demonstrated here..:cool::cool::)

AndreaMG
09-16-2014, 06:49 AM
Makes me wanna be there :cool::cool: Very cool

Alexandra
09-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Beautiful details and work. Great to see you, Fashmir.:cool:

Fashmir
09-18-2014, 08:09 AM
gxhpainter- Thanks! I've actually been using AR for pro work since V2. It has gotten so much easier of late with the better speeds and variety of tools. ;):cool:

AndreaMG- Meeee tooo! I've never been to the Ball before, but this year they've given my wife and I free tickets. Yaaaaay! :D

Alexandra- Thanks for that! Good to see you too. I miss being on the forums as much as I used to. The majority of people on here as regulars don't even know me. The good news is, ArtRage is partly to blame! I'm so busy doing work in AR that I don't spend as much time online, so, it's kind of a win. Still... I miss you all. :)

D Akey
09-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Gotta be my fav of your works that I've seen. I love type and art together and graphic elements with theme and purpose but work also like decorations as in antique maps. Very very cool, Fashmir. Only where the flip is the 'X' marking the spot, eh? ooh. . . even got a little of the Middle Earth map look about it as seen in some of the books. Nice touch. All my fun stuff in one graphic. Hopefully they print a ton of these out. They ought to sell.

Fashmir
09-19-2014, 03:45 AM
D Akey- Thanks for visiting in my thread and for the kind words. Perhaps I should have made an 'X marks the spot' now that I think about it. That role is taken up by the small star medallion with an emerald inset, marking the location of the venue, the Emerald Ball room. ;-)

samiro
09-19-2014, 04:38 AM
that is a work of boss..Really well done . I LIKE IT:)

symson
09-19-2014, 06:25 AM
Excellent work. I feel like I'm lookingat parchment.