PDA

View Full Version : Gridface Darth

RedSaucers
09-14-2014, 04:03 AM
I have been fiddling around with the new grid feature, and submitted this to the DeviantArt group grid contest.

Cheers,

gxhpainter2
09-14-2014, 05:07 AM
I like it, especially the use of dark grays and black , a very interesting composition...

Bertrude
09-14-2014, 05:07 AM
Awesome. I really like this and I love the interesting approach you've taken. It's like the Star Wars edition of Tetris :)

Congrats for your result in the Panda competition too.

D Akey
09-14-2014, 05:43 AM
Awesome. Almost archetypical in that it sort of resembles something conscious, but cold and hard and of a completely different species. Scary as hell in that it truly does seem pitiless. When George Lucas came up with Darth Vader and made him look like a Nazi Black Knight, I know that's what he was going for, but it didn't affect me with that level of menace that your image has. . . for me. I always saw Darth Vader as a bit campy where I could blow his cover and when they called "Lunch" on the set, he would take off the helmet and go to the catering truck like everybody else. Yours is inaccessible in that I could expect no mercy from this one. . . and I think when they called "Lunch", I would be the breakfast burrito.

Very cool!

RedSaucers
09-14-2014, 07:09 AM
and here is the speed painting :

http://youtu.be/1ORK1QYp8aY

copespeak
09-14-2014, 08:45 AM
A very cool and mysterious image. I will watch the video to see your process when I have a minute more to spare. :cool:

Mike Martin
09-15-2014, 02:24 AM
"Your skills may be of great use to the Empire. *Releases Force choke* An audience with the emperor will be arranged."

Nice work . . . :D

Caesar
09-16-2014, 01:02 AM
A most intriguing outcome! Cool!:cool: