PDA

View Full Version : African Elephant Sketch

Fashmir
05-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Over my lunch break. (I really should consider eating once in a while). :)

ENCHANTER
05-05-2006, 09:52 AM
i wish i was that creative during my lunch break......hey...you can start a new diet......instead of food...PAINT! :lol: ..lose weight in no time :wink:

good painting, i like the head down charging stance

waheednasir
05-05-2006, 09:52 AM
good one fashmir...nice sense of movement/speed...:).

AndyRage
05-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Wow, really dynamic. Very good elephant! It reminds me of wild-life programs, where you wonder if the cameraman made it out alive...

Aged P
05-05-2006, 10:25 AM
These limited palettes of your are really nice to work with.
I await Terra Verte and Raw Umber!

It seems to be a convention to always draw elephants with a bullet hole through their ear, I'm glad to see that yours has the speed to avoid that!

So much life and movement in such subtle shades. What a great way to spend a lunch break. I love the winged horse, but these spontaneous pictures are so animated.

Art Rage can only aid weight loss when part of a calorie controlled diet.
Please consult a physician before starting this regime. ArtRage should be avoided by people with addictive personalities.

Erika_PLJ
05-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Awww he is so BEAUTIFUL! I certainly wouldn't want him running right at me - but you perfectly captured the personality and as others have already said, the movement of these wonderful creatures!

Great sketch - was that freehand or did you use a photo reference?

Weeks
05-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Fashmir,

"boudoum boudoum boudoum..." the jungle' s heatbeat..

I like that painting very much..

Euh...? Elephant ' female... Look at her eyes. :D

Weeks

cym
05-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Fashmir, I always enjoy opening this forum and seeing that you have posted something. I know I am in for surprise and delight each time because your talents are so varied and your imagination unlimited. You inspire me to push beyond painting what I know I can paint, and experimenting more. Thank you.

Blanusia
05-06-2006, 12:53 AM
This is the most beautiful and cute elephant I have ever seen. This painting lives! Amazing work!

bleepnik
05-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Magnificent - both the animal and the painting. My eyes are pulled again and again to the elephant's right tusk and foreleg; I really love the definition there, the more solid lines. Thanks for posting, and please continue fasting. =]

- Gita

tony
05-06-2006, 10:25 AM
:) Hi, well they have said it all. Another great and marvellous painting from you. Thanks for sharing it with us.Regards,Tony :)

Fashmir
05-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks you guys. I had fun doing this one. I'm toying with another African animal this evening. Perhaps I'll post it soon.

Fashmir
05-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Great sketch - was that freehand or did you use a photo reference?

The sketch was freehand *and* I used a photo reference. Not to be confused with tracing which I did not do. Attached to this is the photo I used as a reference for the painting. The photo is from a rather large archive I have gleaned over the years. The photo is copyright Norman Myers. I use photos like this that I have encountered on the web for studies and sketches. I would never do a verbatim painting and market it in any way. It is my belief that this practice falls well within respecting the photographers rights. Opinions will vary.

Max
05-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Splendid Fashmirhttp://smileys.inzenet.org/repository/Respect/0014.gif :)

kazaroval
05-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Well done, very nice! you are very productive :!:

dremphex
05-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Fashmir! It's very gooooood :)

Marvolo
06-03-2006, 06:39 AM
OMG I LOVE YOU lol it's a great pic uncle d. your awesome :D

~Marvolo~