PDA

View Full Version : 2 fish, background?

CatGabriel
09-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone,

This is my 3rd ArtRage piece, two goldfish. I'm not sure what to do in the background or if it needs a background, thoughts anyone? :)

jmac
09-13-2014, 01:40 PM
I like this very much. Very nicely done and the color and composition is pleasing to look at. The fish look wet. Not an easy thing to do. They look as if they are under water even though there is no indication of water in the painting. If you add a background I would keep it simple and suggestive. But you clearly have nice control of the watercolor effect and No doubt will do something equally nice in the background, should you choose to.

CatGabriel
09-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks so much for your comments, it's really appreciated. I worked on it a bit more this afternoon and did some very subtle airbrushing around the fish.

Enug
09-14-2014, 01:37 AM
This is wonderful - you have great talent. The airbrushing is a good choice I think. I love AR watercolour and you seem to have mastered it very quickly. Good stuff!:cool:

ivanvr
09-19-2014, 02:00 AM
This is wonderful - you have great talent. The airbrushing is a good choice I think. I love AR watercolour and you seem to have mastered it very quickly. Good stuff!:cool:

I agree! Very nice work.