PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Side

gxhpainter2
09-13-2014, 09:27 AM
a quasi abstraction of the Ocean.... guess I was dreaming about Sardinia and its beautiful beaches and cliffs..

stevemawmv
09-13-2014, 10:52 AM
I'am ready Gary....Love it! looking very tempting, I need to get away....been stuck in this house for four months now...
Fantastic colors, great view, and temperature is just right....Time for me to take a walk down the beach! Seeya!
I like it!
Take care friend,
Steve

Enug
09-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Again, wonderful colours and textures - another that I can understand - some more easy ones please.;)

Marilyn Anne
09-13-2014, 06:54 PM
it make me want to be by the ocean too. Really nice abstract scene but so real.

koalablue
09-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Good concept of colour and abstract style. Very nice painting.

samiro
09-13-2014, 10:36 PM
with alot of pleasure seeing your abstracts gxhpainter.:)

gxhpainter2
09-14-2014, 04:56 AM
I'am ready Gary....Love it! looking very tempting, I need to get away....been stuck in this house for four months now...
Fantastic colors, great view, and temperature is just right....Time for me to take a walk down the beach! Seeya!
I like it!
Take care friend,
Stevewell dear friend I hope this give you the motivation to get out and see the ocean and walk along a beach.. sounds like a very healing activity on many levels. :):)

Again, wonderful colours and textures - another that I can understand - some more easy ones please.;) Enug , I will keep that in mind, its interesting that some abstractly painted works are "easier" to grasp than others, and have a certain naturalistic feel. glad you like this one.:cool::cool::):)

it make me want to be by the ocean too. Really nice abstract scene but so real. Time for some clam chowder and listen to the seagulls and smell the fresh ocean air... lets go!

Good concept of colour and abstract style. Very nice painting. thanks koalablue!.:):):)

with alot of pleasure seeing your abstracts gxhpainter.:) thank you samiro , I am pleased you like them.:):)

Bertrude
09-14-2014, 05:10 AM
I think you're losing your touch. I can almost tell what this is ;)

Joking aside, a very nice marriage of abstraction and representation.

D Akey
09-14-2014, 05:33 AM
Always a trip. . . this time a trip to the seaside. You're so inventive it's always a new experience. Stimulating on the general impact of the work, the intrigue from the mechanical side, and cool from the emotional side as well, when that part gets activated. So much of the experience is like when I was a very young kid at summer camp in the woods, and you could choose which camp counselor to go with. Each had a unique style.

I know this probably means little to nothing to you, but it stands out as my personal analogy because they each had their different spin on their walks -- what they would point out (like identifying plants and stuff) vs going along for the spirit of singing etc. etc. And being that I was a little kid at the time, they all were totally fascinating because I was basically a blank canvas and it was all something of a barrage of new wonders.

Your stuff reminds me of those times. And I don't know that association would be triggered by conventional painting at this stage of my awareness of the art world. I mean I love representational art. But it's not the same thing where everything needs to be looked at where everything about it begs the question.

Enjoying your tours. . . :D:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

AndreaMG
09-14-2014, 07:11 AM
This one is beautiful indeed but it might have been Liguria as well you were dreaming of Dear Gary :o

https://www.google.com/search?q=liguria+scogliere&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MJYUVOjTN8OfO_SKgeAD&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1024&bih=668

gxhpainter2
09-14-2014, 08:30 AM
I think you're losing your touch. I can almost tell what this is ;)

Joking aside, a very nice marriage of abstraction and representation.heehee, I guess I was taking it easy for Enug...:cool::cool: but glad you liked it as well:):)

Always a trip. . . this time a trip to the seaside. You're so inventive it's always a new experience. Stimulating on the general impact of the work, the intrigue from the mechanical side, and cool from the emotional side as well, when that part gets activated. So much of the experience is like when I was a very young kid at summer camp in the woods, and you could choose which camp counselor to go with. Each had a unique style.

I know this probably means little to nothing to you, but it stands out as my personal analogy because they each had their different spin on their walks -- what they would point out (like identifying plants and stuff) vs going along for the spirit of singing etc. etc. And being that I was a little kid at the time, they all were totally fascinating because I was basically a blank canvas and it was all something of a barrage of new wonders.

Your stuff reminds me of those times. And I don't know that association would be triggered by conventional painting at this stage of my awareness of the art world. I mean I love representational art. But it's not the same thing where everything needs to be looked at where everything about it begs the question.

Enjoying your tours. . . :D:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: DAkey, your comment strikes deep, and is very very meaningful to me as an artist, what better compliment than to have ones work strike so many chords.

This one is beautiful indeed but it might have been Liguria as well you were dreaming of Dear Gary :o

https://www.google.com/search?q=liguria+scogliere&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MJYUVOjTN8OfO_SKgeAD&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1024&bih=668 Ah what a beautiful place, and thanks for your great comments..

Caesar
09-15-2014, 10:14 PM
This painting is one of Your best ever! I can appreciate the map and what is under the ground and sea surface at any depth, including the forms of life, or, at least, that was the sudden impression I got.

gxhpainter2
09-16-2014, 02:52 AM
This painting is one of Your best ever! I can appreciate the map and what is under the ground and sea surface at any depth, including the forms of life, or, at least, that was the sudden impression I got.WOW, a big thank you Caesar, I was inspired by pictured of Sardinia, I just had to see where you were hanging out the past few weeks... so those images inspired this work.:cool::cool::cool::):):)

Alexandra
09-17-2014, 10:21 AM
A beautiful place indeed, Gary. Beautiful work!

damasocl
09-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Wonderful painting!!!
I like a lot!;):D:)

gxhpainter2
09-18-2014, 04:25 AM
A beautiful place indeed, Gary. Beautiful work!Thank you Alexandra, you are the queen of Reds....:cool::cool:

Wonderful painting!!!
I like a lot!;):D:) thank you so much damasocl... very nice to hear from you :):):):)