PDA

View Full Version : Primordial

gxhpainter2
09-11-2014, 03:49 AM
hope you enjoy this look .. a mix of symbology and textures..

stevemawmv
09-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Hello Gary....I can see my ammonite, still looking for the trillabite...Looks like the stew has started to brew...Just under the surface comes something new....
I may be a couple of hundreds of million years late on that comment, think the soup has been served and were waiting for the next batch...
Hey!.....It's me!
Take care friend,
Steve

Bertrude
09-11-2014, 04:33 AM
Nice one Gary. I feel that I could almost pick at it with my fingers. I really like the colour scheme in this one too.

AndreaMG
09-11-2014, 06:05 AM
What a marvel Dear Gary, it looks from ancient Egypt, technically impressive as well ^^ Regards

pat1940
09-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Gary, am I seeing things lol, I see a large face of clock and a dogs face to the left and he has a hat on, love it

Bobbi
09-11-2014, 12:06 PM
The title of this painting is right on. Nice job.

D Akey
09-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Oh hoho. . . perfect. Really great looking. Masterfully composed. Now quit reading this and get back to painting. You're hot.

Caesar
09-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Not the promordial or the primeval soup of the start and source of life, rather that, more solid and concrete, of the start and source of art, which is what we can actually perform as a free will creative action. You're exploring visual art foundations here once again and You do it very successfuly re-composing basic elements in masterful and delightful artpieces like this one!

gxhpainter2
09-12-2014, 02:54 AM
I am very thankful for everyone's responses and comments on this piece, it is very encouraging to me in my artistic growth and explorations. Thank you all ! :):):cool::cool::cool:

Niloc
09-12-2014, 06:21 AM
I think this is very modern, it is a very exciting image that draws you in to inspect its contents :cool:

Rom__
09-12-2014, 12:52 PM
:) Delight!

copespeak
09-12-2014, 04:46 PM
That is one of my favourites ever Gary. I opened it up on my big screen and it was even better. Just gorgeous!

gxhpainter2
09-13-2014, 02:43 AM
:) Delight!Thank You very much!.

That is one of my favourites ever Gary. I opened it up on my big screen and it was even better. Just gorgeous! wow, I am very pleased you like this one, as it was a challenge for me, it went through many,many transformations ( some down right ugly ) before arriving at its final configuration..:cool::cool::):):)

SCP
09-13-2014, 05:34 AM
"Primordial" invites the viewer in ,guided by the swirl of inviting colors and traveling over 3D like textures.Great work Gary !:cool::cool::cool::D

screenpainter
01-31-2015, 03:42 PM
gorgeous work Gary. love the palette.

justjean
01-31-2015, 04:11 PM
Wonderful colours in this Gary. Just wondering but do you see this in your minds eye or just start to paint or where does the idea for this beauty start from

D Akey
01-31-2015, 11:56 PM
Wonderful colours in this Gary. Just wondering but do you see this in your minds eye or just start to paint or where does the idea for this beauty start from

Correct me if I'm wrong, Gary, but doesn't it originate in Oregon among the Prines? :rolleyes:

Excellent question, Jean. :):cool:

Bobbi
02-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Puts me in mind of a Google Earth view of an exotic place. Nicely done.

Alexandra
02-03-2015, 09:47 AM
I love your work, Gary, always a treat to view!

D Akey
02-03-2015, 12:44 PM
I love your work, Gary, always a treat to view!

Please do not mention the word "work" around Gary. He's going to retire the whole word, print it on his jersey and hang it above the fireplace. The lad is about to retire. :D:D:D:D:D WoooHooo!!!!!!!!!

Alexandra
02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Please do not mention the word "work" around Gary. He's going to retire the whole word, print it on his jersey and hang it above the fireplace. The lad is about to retire. :D:D:D:D:D WoooHooo!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow! Great news, Gary! I am so happy for you!!!! Okay, D Akey, noted....no "work" words again! haha.:o;)

gxhpainter2
02-04-2015, 06:59 AM
gorgeous work Gary. love the palette. Thanks Albert, I am a sucker for analogous color schemes.. in the blue - violet range.

Wonderful colours in this Gary. Just wondering but do you see this in your minds eye or just start to paint or where does the idea for this beauty start from Good question justjean, in this work I wanted to start with more neutral colors and build up layers, then I wanted something that evoked the ancient and royal so used the analogous colors in the purple range. all this happens in the moment as I work, pause, reflect, work, undo , undo, work... etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Gary, but doesn't it originate in Oregon among the Prines? :rolleyes:

Excellent question, Jean. :):cool: Yes this is a definite organic product from the Prines of Oregon...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Puts me in mind of a Google Earth view of an exotic place. Nicely done. thanks Bobbi, I am exploring stencils and have come to view them as a very important big tool box of brushes and textures.

I love your work, Gary, always a treat to view! Thanks Sandy I am glad this resurfaced and you had a chance to view it.

Oh wow! Great news, Gary! I am so happy for you!!!! Okay, D Akey, noted....no "work" words again! haha.:o;) Yes down to the last 12 days!... talks of going out to a retirement luncheon, cakes are starting ... been cleaning my desk out and dumping paper... Eyeing a new printer ( Epson 3880 ) and retiring my old Epson 7600 ( which is still in good shape, just want something a bit newer and smaller ) the Epson 3880 does really well with blues and greens!... two of my favorite colors.:cool::cool::cool::cool: thanks everyone!... Hannah Rage has told me I will be featured on Feb 16th as the new Featured Artist!.... that is a big honor in my book... hope you all visit the article when she posts it! I believe this is one of the featured works ! :):):):)

Uncle Goose
02-05-2015, 12:51 AM
A symphony of colors, fantastic.