PDA

View Full Version : Some Poppies

Enug
09-10-2014, 08:02 PM
In watercolour mode at the moment.

D Akey
09-11-2014, 02:52 PM
What a bright eye-full! Love it. Wide awake with this one like staring into a sunrise. Up with the poppies! I didn't know they came in so many colors. Very dazzling. Super, June! Love how you handled the paint in this one. It's just a perfect amount of paint, which you felt didn't need to contain it sharply. I fully can see your point. I love that flowing out into the canvas.

Enug
09-12-2014, 01:23 AM
Thanks Mr.Akey, I was hoping someone would comment. I probably let my head go with the colours - don't know if they really come in those colours - artistic licence.:) There's something about poppies that have started asking me paint them. I was pleased that I managed to get some looseness into the painting. Watch out more poppies might be on the way.

D Akey
09-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Thanks Mr.Akey, I was hoping someone would comment. I probably let my head go with the colours - don't know if they really come in those colours - artistic licence.:) There's something about poppies that have started asking me paint them. I was pleased that I managed to get some looseness into the painting. Watch out more poppies might be on the way.

Poppies. . . poppies. . . right. . . you're from Oz. Makes perfect sense to me with them lining the yellow brick road as they do. As to colors -- if you can't take liberties with flowers, then I don't know what. They look great. :):):):):)

So bring in the poppies!!!!

stevemawmv
09-12-2014, 03:50 AM
We're rearranged so often, I sometimes miss a new post...I' am glad D Akey found your Poppies...
Because 'They be a poppin' with colors'....Nicely done Enug!
Take care,
Steve

Rom__
09-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Воздушные и чудесные маки!

Teejay
09-12-2014, 01:34 PM
wow
beautiful colours and so free looking.

copespeak
09-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Beautifully loose and splashy! Nice watercolour effects too. :)

Enug
09-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Steve not to worry - it's just sometimes when there have been lot of views but no one comments you start to wonder if it was that bad. Tho we do have a lot of visitors to the site.

Rom, спасибо (Thank you). :D

Trish thanks my friend.

Robyn I'm remembering my lessons. :)

Not forgetting Henry Stahle - he probably won't see this but I want to acknowledge his blog and the hints contained therein.