PDA

View Full Version : Siberian Tiger

koalablue
09-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Painted in AR 4.5 - this is a great version. :) Thank you.

My painting:

Image also showing the sketch I did and a little paint on the head. As you can see I made a colour sample of all the different colours in the image.

This is for the person who accused me of doing a smudging painting. Usually a person should not say they've done this or that painting. However I'll say no more except that it was rather rude.

samiro
09-05-2014, 06:05 PM
beautiful painting..The tiger looks moving :eek:

koalablue
09-07-2014, 04:03 AM
Thank you Samiro.

gxhpainter2
09-07-2014, 04:16 AM
great image of the tiger, beautifully painted.:cool::):)

D Akey
09-07-2014, 04:37 AM
That's one sweet expression. Seeing this it's hard to imagine they're so dangerous. Fun. More please!

koalablue
09-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Thank you both.

They are big kittens!

Enug
09-07-2014, 06:41 PM
I see this is a 'smudged' painting - a subject under discussion in another thread. It is well done and only one little area gives it away when I compare it to the original photo. The flecks of snow on his head.

I have done this type of photo manip in PSP. Did you use the Hard Out Smear knife preset?

koalablue
09-09-2014, 04:31 AM
No it's not a smudge painting at all. There is no snow with the tiger photo I used s a reference. I'm not a good smudger so tend to leave that. I do blend when it is required.

I have used Corel Painter to do Photo painting which is different to manipulating a photo in any software.

Stephen Lo Piano
09-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Looks almost like a photograph, just out of curiosity did you find yourself using the Palette Knife and/or Airbrush a lot for this painting?

Enug
09-09-2014, 02:48 PM
May be the term I used was incorrect but I can see that you 'pushed' the paint around - whether it's on the original photo or you made a copy I wouldn't know. Here in the screen shots below you can see what I see.

Yours.

The one I found in Google.

I wasn't accusing you of doing anything wrong - the tools are there so why not use them? Just interested in how you did it - it's always good when someone shares their method of reproducing an image.

koalablue
09-09-2014, 04:53 PM
I used a fur brush at a relatively low size which is an oily brush. I have made my own two brushes from a palette knife but it's not a palette knife but a blender brush and I use these. They are like tiny blender. No pushing or shoving from a photograph. As I said I used reference photo.

I have been a digital painter for many years if you wish to view my other works look at my website or deviant art. ❇

My Painting Gallery (http://creative-designs.com.au/paintinggallery.html)

I have also been using ArtRage since 1.1.

koalablue
09-13-2014, 12:19 AM
I'm quite excited. My daughter's friend saw the painting and wants to buy it. I have sold paintings in the past, but when someone likes my work that they want to buy it, it's still exciting.

D Akey
09-13-2014, 01:29 AM
I'm quite excited. My daughter's friend saw the painting and wants to buy it. I have sole paintings in the past, but when someone likes my work that they want to buy it, it's still exciting.

Nothing says approval like cash.;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Congratulations! Should give you a bit of a nice push. Go Go Go!!!!!!!!

Caesar
09-13-2014, 03:15 AM
Welcome and congrats for Your quite aggressive entry LOL ;):o... Nice tiger I mean.

koalablue
09-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Thank you.

Teejay
09-14-2014, 01:59 AM
nope sorry maureen i am not convinced ....but who am i ...
it doesnt matter to me if you smudge or paint crayon sketch or use your finger ...its all getting it down on paper and out of your head for me ..
but no i still believe this is not the whole story ..but... so what
on occasion you have questioned my art ..i didnt take it as rude or out of malice .i took the other side of the coin and thought i must be doing something RIGHT to be so questioned i never thought it was an accusation perhaps i got that wrong .
as far as your tiger goes good luck to you in all you paint smudge copy trace crayon or or erm or ...wait ....ink yea ink .

koalablue
09-14-2014, 10:12 PM
I didn't know I was trying to convince you or anyone!

I haven't questioned your paintings in PIRC, but others have.

You love smudging and we've seen a lot of your work done like that. Who really cares how you did it. Art comes in various forms. However, some people need to be consistent with their line of thinking on subjects.

I've always enjoyed seeing your work in PIRC and always commented favourably.

Don't worry, I don't care if anyone is convinced or not, I know how I painted the tiger and that's all that matters.

Have a good day! :)