PDA

View Full Version : My Red Thread

Alexandra
08-18-2014, 07:31 AM
"The Red Chair" Oils and knife, from imagination and inspiration of my dishes.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend.:)

eighty+
08-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Very good Sandy Buy When I sit ih one of those I'm Asleep as quick as you can say Johnny Robinson ;) :D :D :D :D :D:D Ciao Sandy Thanks

stevemawmv
08-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Hi Sandy....Looks very comfortable, and I' am sure this image rings in a lot of our memories of home...the basket with the papers....very traditional...Mom I' am home!
Cool image....where's the floor lamp so I can get comfy and read a good book?
Take care,
Steve

Leasaurus
08-18-2014, 12:15 PM
This is great! I love the lamp!

D Akey
08-18-2014, 01:25 PM
So, you may well ask:
14 Down -- What's black and white and red all over. . . :p:rolleyes:

You big ol' punster!

Hahaha. I LOVE the crosswords. So they're read in a different way than the rest of the red in this fine painting.

Fun stuff Alexandra. :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

hildee
08-18-2014, 01:29 PM
I can feel the velvet! Amazing!

Alexandra
08-19-2014, 09:56 AM
I can just visualize you Eighty+, with your i-pad in your lap, a pretty painting, and a nice over stuffed foot stool with your feet propped after a long day! Haha, thanks!

I will make a tall lamp for you, Steve. Just climb in with your e-reader and light the fire on the other side of the room for me. (seems as if it is winter in this painting) I'll be in with the hot tea soon. Haha, thanks!

I love blue willow, Leasaurus, thanks for peeking in and your kind comment!

Haha, Dakey, thanks so much! There may be more reddish things coming as well for this crossword puzzled thread.:eek: Stay tuned for more...;)

Thanks a bunch Hildee, and thanks for stopping by.

stevemawmv
08-19-2014, 12:55 PM
I'll be in with the hot tea soon. Haha, thanks!
Sandy......A couple of chocolate brownies too please...
Take care,
Steve

Alexandra
08-19-2014, 10:37 PM
You're in luck, Steve, I am bringing in a plate of warm chewy brownies right now.;)

Jono
08-20-2014, 04:18 AM
Hi Sandy

Absolutely love it and it's all my favourite things. A comfy wingback chair, something to read, the warm glow from a side lamp. Maybe just one thing missing (apart from the brownies!)

I know it's terribly bad form to fiddle with someone's work, please forgive me, but I just couldn't settle down until that space on the table had something on it. Cheers!

SCP
08-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Great work Sandy a nice place to read a book.:):)

Alexandra
08-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi Jono, thanks, I love it! (You forgot to draw an old pair of socks by the chair;))
Cheers to you as well dear friend!

Thanks, Scott, maybe a good mystery on the weekend, and your sweet pal beside the chair with a dog bone.:)

copespeak
08-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Such a comfy looking chair Alexandra, and so well painted. The blue and white is a nice touch. :)

Jono
08-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Re: old socks - I just didn't want to lower the tone of your lovely painting! :D

In fact it's unseasonably chilly over here today, so woolly socks are definitely the order of the day. The drink by the way, is JW Red Label - not my favourite tipple - I'm mostly a Yorkshire (Red) tea drinker nowadays :D

Hmm, bit peckish. Are those brownies on their way? ;)

pat1940
08-22-2014, 10:58 AM
So nice and velvety Sandy, looks so comfy, great job

Tonyjazz
08-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Favorite reading chair. Very inviting and comfortable.

Alexandra
08-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi Robyn, Thank you dear lady. I hope you are feeling better, it is great to see you. Please stay a while and have some brownies with us.;)

Sounds very nice indeed Jono, and yes, the brownies are on the way...but not before a nice meal. I am in a cooking mood, maybe due to
your JW Red Label. Do you like french omelets? Sauteed mushrooms in butter and chives?
Darn, I think I will need a little white wine now.:eek::o:p

Thank you Pat. I have had three wingbacks given to me with solid wood frames. I want to recover them some day. I can just imagine them overstuffed with a beautiful fabric, and a couple of footstools.
Right now, covers will just have to do.:p:o

Dear Tony, the table needs one of your beautiful candles though. Please have a seat, I think most of the AR crew is here. I am setting the table soon.;)

Alexandra
09-17-2014, 10:14 AM
A couple more doodles with the use of red here and there.

Caesar
09-17-2014, 06:16 PM
You reached another level of magnificence, dear Sandra! The perfection of the porcelain vase holding the lamp is unbelievable and the final artpieces fantastic in their apparent simplicity!

Rondo
09-17-2014, 08:30 PM
:D with a good book? in that chair and i'm home!! love it.

copespeak
09-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Two really lovely red compositions Alexandra. I think that elegant red hat is just gorgeous!

P. S . I only just spotted your invitation to have cookies with you. I'm trying! xxx

D Akey
09-18-2014, 02:38 AM
Alexandra, you're so well red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xmVoAKdDDc

AndreaMG
09-18-2014, 07:12 AM
Left one looks from Ascot :o right one is really super cool :cool: Cheers

stevemawmv
09-18-2014, 07:43 AM
Hi Sandy....Good to see the new Red Thread Doodles.....What was that old fifties saying 'Better Red then....NOT!!!!
Take care friend,
Steve

Fashmir
09-18-2014, 08:21 AM
I like this red thread! What you've said with red puts ideas in my head, thoughts that butter my bread and evaporate dread. There'll be fine crimson dreams when I take to my bed and a stirring of embers that might have gone dead. Imagination and wonder will now be well fed by the things you have made and where they have lead. You've used techniques from books that I've read, now I'm off on new paths with the muse that I've wed. And now that I've rhymed and had this fun that you've read, I'll explore this rich color from A on to zed. ;):D:cool:

D Akey
09-18-2014, 09:20 AM
I like this red thread! What you've said with red puts ideas in my head, thoughts that butter my bread and evaporate dread. There'll be fine crimson dreams when I take to my bed and a stirring of embers that might have gone dead. Imagination and wonder will now be well fed by the things you have made and where they have lead. You've used techniques from books that I've read, now I'm off on new paths with the muse that I've wed. And now that I've rhymed and had this fun that you've read, I'll explore this rich color from A on to zed. ;):D:cool:

Hahahaha. . . well said.

koalablue
09-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Gorgeous velvety chair that looks so comfortable. The overall painting is so well detailed.

Alexandra
09-19-2014, 05:19 AM
"Red Bubble" (more tomato reds in this one)
This is inspired by our SuzieQ and "Strawberry Bubbles" by Kyle Brock among various artists on Deviant I've seen that have made really cool faces blowing bubbles.

Thank you Cesare, you're always so kind.:)

Thank you very much Rondo, I really appreciate it.
There is a bookcase directly left by the window containing all of the classics and a few good cozy mysteries.;)
Please, make yourself at home.:)

Thanks Robyn! For the last month or so I couldn't get my imagination going or wish to draw. It is nice to be doodling again.
Oh, and the door is open and brownies are waiting. Jono is over by the fireplace with the JW, or if you prefer- hot tea on the coffee table.;)

Hello D AKey, thank you dear man for the nice music. I enjoyed the band and the meaningful song.

Oooo, goody, thanks Andrea. Can't wait. Drop by any time dear.

I love so many genre's, especially the fifties. I couldn't find this one though.:o
I am having fun with this one. So many things to doodle using red.:p
Thanks Steve!

Dear Fashmir, thank you for your beautiful comment and visiting my thread!
The world is so fortunate to have such a wonderful artist and now I see poet as well.
Here is a little poem you've inspired me to write too.:o

From crimson to indigo
Gold to cream
You've opened the door
To an old old dream.
Just down beyond the woodland and fern
The fairies will teach us what we must again learn
Go to the river that shimmers in the moonlight
Reflecting the tiny one's so fair and bright….
There is where one may float
And row along in a paper boat
Where one may reach
A soft white sandy beach
Where wishes and dreams
And time stands still
Just through this door and beyond the hill.....
:o:o:o

Thank you for visiting koalablue, and your kind comment. It was a fun to create what I wish my chair to be.
I am trying to muster the courage to upholster myself.:o

Fashmir
09-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Huzzaaaaaaaah!!!

stevemawmv
09-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Hi Sandy.......Got one word, I think......Bubblicious?
Fun one!
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
09-19-2014, 07:14 PM
As soon as this bubble will suddenly blast
I'll reach for this lady and get close to her
to kiss her plump lips impudently and fast
so that I can better the red lipstick smear.

Sorry, but I could hardly refrain in front of such a beauty with the lips slightly disclosed behind the chewing gum ...:eek::(:o
I only hope my English, as displayed in my verses, was not too miserable.:)
You're really a full range artist, dear friend: a fine paintress and poetess, but I suppose You're inherently artful in any of Your activity You perform and carry out in Your everyday life.

D Akey
09-20-2014, 02:56 AM
Hahah. Fun wordplay all around.

So as to the painting:
Love her expression. Also love the style. Sweet and bubbly play with warm variants of 'Red'. I would say 'cool' but it's decidedly the other direction. . . 'hot'!

Alexandra
09-21-2014, 05:35 AM
Thanks so much guys!
Fashmir, Steve, Cesare, and D Akey

gxhpainter2
09-21-2014, 05:38 AM
WOW, Alexandra, funny but so well done!... I love freckles and hers are great.. Red is one of my top favorite colors and so I love this thread in general and your work is ALWAYS top notch...:cool::cool::):):):):):) X 1,000,000

Alexandra
09-21-2014, 06:05 AM
Thanks dear Gary! xxxxxx
Have a wonderful weekend!

AndreaMG
09-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Haha, I like her and those frekles too! ;)

Alexandra
09-26-2014, 01:29 AM
Hi Andre, thanks dear man!

Here are a few more doodles I hope you all enjoy. They are so silly, I hope no one minds.:o:p

stevemawmv
09-26-2014, 02:50 AM
Hi Sandy....absolutely love the 'Elmo Tribble lookin like thingamabobs'....adorable! Don't look 'Troublesome' at all....
Always wondered how to get the red square in the round hole....make a larger hole!!! The last one is remarkable, could be
right out of Alice's adventures in Wonderland....the wonderful talking flowers....
You've made my day dear Sandy...
Take care,
Steve

kenmo
09-26-2014, 03:19 AM
Wow...a thread dedicated to a single color... What a cool idea and the paintings are outstanding....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

samiro
09-26-2014, 03:30 AM
that is a beautiful and comfortable chair..sitting on with my wife it will be a perfect night :p
nice painting :)

D Akey
09-26-2014, 04:51 AM
Hey, Red. Charming to the max. Tell me, have you gone redhead? It's like total immersion like learning a language. You are in the Red Zone. . . so no parking. . .

Brilliant work.

AndreaMG
09-26-2014, 07:41 AM
Hey, Red. Charming to the max. Tell me, have you gone redhead?

Haha, nice one, but from her avatar I see she's already a redhead :o Lovely new entries!

Alexandra
09-28-2014, 03:42 AM
Steve, Kenmo, and Samiro: Thanks dear mates for visiting and for your kind replies! I truly appreciate them!

Dear D Akey and Andrea, I may be in the red zone, but my hair is going to the white zone, haha. I will have to upload a pic soon as I will surrender to time.
I wish I could go red. I've tried, but with eyes nearly black, and skin that is light, I couldn't carry it. I ended up with a horror story really and had to go to the salon where they begged me to stay dark.
I asked to go blonde. Hubby not happy when I got home. Family went crazy. The earth stopped spinning. The dog cried. The cats ran away. Darn it, life is not fair.:p
(Thanks dear mates xx)

vandra
09-28-2014, 01:44 PM
What a beautifully comforting painting! I love the velvet red chair, just the place to sit and read the paper in the soft light of the beautiful lamp.

symson
09-28-2014, 01:52 PM
I am enjoying this red theme. The woman with the bubble gum is my fave so far.

copespeak
09-28-2014, 07:17 PM
I just love those three Alexandra! The funny little faces in two and that lovely square. Beautifully rich and atmospheric, all of them.

Alexandra
09-28-2014, 11:48 PM
How nice of you, thank you Vandra!
Hi Symson, thanks so much. She was so fun to make.
Hi Robyn, thanks so much.
I am going to attempt a cardinal watercolor now.
I suppose I need to end the red thread, but I can't help but think of more and more to add to it, haha.:p:o

gxhpainter2
09-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Alexandra, love this thread and your latest are fun and charming as well, carried out with your usual excellent style and technique.. laughed and laughed at your witty reply to going "Red" or even "Blond" :rolleyes::cool::cool::):):):):)

Alexandra
10-02-2014, 07:28 AM
Hey Gary, you would have certainly laughed much more if you had seen me at the salon with a newspaper over my hair. I think they will never forget it.:eek::o:o
Thanks dear man!

I flunked out on the watercolor Robyn, and played with all of the other tools for my cardinal.
Sketched, and painted with oil, watercolor, and pen.
These beautiful guys have me trained. The other day I purchased a huge bag of bird seed at the store just for them.
They will fly to the window and look in if I don't put seed out. I enjoy watching all birds though, but these seem to be so bold. Anyway, here is my try at a big red papa bird.:o

Enug
10-02-2014, 05:06 PM
This is so beautiful Alexandra and you have painted the feathers perfectly. Something I haven't been able to achieve. Google 'red things' and you will find heaps of subjects to paint. ;)

Caesar
10-02-2014, 11:31 PM
You're really great, dear woman in red!;)

stevemawmv
10-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Hi Sandy....Love you gave us all the bird....Hehehe! One of my favorites...'Oh, not being given the bird' but the Cardinal itself! Love that bird.... beautifully done!
Take care friend,
Steve

Alexandra
10-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks all for your lovely comments!
Enug, Cesare, and Steve! xxx

gxhpainter2
10-05-2014, 05:53 AM
wow you are so lucky to have such spectacular birds to feed, I can't imagine what they must look like in real life, although your painting sure gives him a bold and cheeky look, like he might mug you for birdseed if you are too slow with giving it out!... :cool::cool::cool::):):):)

D Akey
10-05-2014, 08:41 AM
One of the cardinal virtues. . . or was that a virtuous cardinal. Well, it's a great looking bird. I am always amazed when I see pictures of how colorful some birds get in the wild. Out here most everything is the color of earth -- except maybe the male hummingbirds.

You've gotten so good. Spectacular achievements. Go Alexandra Go!!!!!!

Alexandra
10-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Hi Gary! You are probably right! The males are so bold, the females shy.
I keep them fed in the bird feeder, because these fearless males will try to eat the cat food left on the deck!
My husband calls the backyard a hunting preserve for the cats.:eek: I suppose I after this group of cat rescues, they will be my last.
I think due to age and economy I will end up being the bird woman instead of the old cat lady.:p:o
I do so love to watch and observe these beautiful and intelligent creatures.
Thanks so much!

Thank you D Akey. I have been a bird watcher for about twenty years now.
When we came to this area, it was so private and perfect for a person to observe them.
Life can be just as brutal and unkind with them as it is with us. I guess with all creatures, there is a form of hierarchy.
I have watched battles of the crow and hawk. I have watched the cats and other birds hide when a falcon perched high in a pine tree.
I've enjoyed all of them from the Canadian Geese nearby at a lake, to the tiniest ruby-throated hummingbirds that bid me farewell every September.
I feel it to be a blessing really to be part of it all.

AndreaMG
10-11-2014, 08:21 AM
What a gorgeous bird, well done! Now we know where punks drew inspiration from :o ciao

waheednasir
10-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Nice work, esp the bird and the lady.

:).

Alexandra
10-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks so much Andrea!

Hi Waheed, Great to see you, and thank you!

justjean
10-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Hi Sandy, love that gorgeous red cardinal, they are beautiful birds

Alexandra
10-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Hi Jean, thanks so much.:)
Good see you! I hope you are well and enjoying this fall.

copespeak
10-16-2014, 02:45 PM
A stunning bird! Well painted!

MJSparks
10-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Really lovely, mastering of color shading and all of that. I'm very tickled to see all the good work.

Alexandra
10-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Thanks so much dear Robyn, and Mags xx!

coops
10-23-2014, 01:09 AM
Lovely vibrant paintings Sandy, more please:)

Alexandra
10-23-2014, 04:17 AM
Hi Katie, thanks dear lady! Here ya go!
A basket full of red delicious cherries!

Caesar
10-23-2014, 04:29 AM
A tasty close-up indeed! They must be from South America considering the season. Another amazing idea and execution! Red and round!

D Akey
10-23-2014, 07:33 AM
Super lovely! Your style is really emerging. Those ladybugs must be really tiny babies. Love the basket weave treatment. Very cool and artsy.

Everybody loves cherries. Incidentally, I got some in Gilroy, California driving through a couple months back and they had some cherries that were two toned - red and a pale yellow, where the colors were about 50/50. They were just slightly larger than regular Bing cherries and --- OMG, HOLY MACKEREL!!!!!!! They were the most delicious cherries I have ever had. Explosions of flavor. Much had to do with buying them in the farmland itself, but the strain of cherry was out of this world. I wish I had bought way more. When I got back to LA, I bought some cherries and they were utterly flavorless. I have no idea what the heck happened between the farm and the store, but it was a huge let down.

Anyway, you painting and design skills are getting so good. I look forward to more flavorful bursts! :cool::cool::):):):):)

stevemawmv
10-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Sandy...Love cherries!
Now if Bubba was talking to Forrest about cheeries...might go like this....There's, um, Tart & Sweet Cherry Pie, Cherry Pie Cups, Cherry Cream Coffee Cake, No Bake Cherry Pie, Velvet Cherry Sauce, Cherry Clafoutis, Island Cherry Crumbles with Creamy Lime Whip, Cherry-Cornmeal Upside Down Cake, Cherry Pie Muffins, Creamy Chocolate Cherry Bars, Candied Cherry And Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies, Drunken Cherry Coconut Ice Cream, Cherry Brown Butter Bars, Mason Jar Cherry Pies, Cherry Baked Doughnuts, Cherry Pavlova, Cherry Ricotta Cheesecakes, Coconut-Cherry-Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Fresh Cherry & dark Chocolate Scones and fresh Cherry Margaritas...Yum! Well that's, that's about it.
Love it....
Steve

gxhpainter2
10-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Alexandra, Now you gone and done it!.... you basket of delicious looking cherries unleashed a huge craving for hot cherry pie a'la mode!...:cool::cool::cool::o:o:):):) beautiful work on the basket weave by the way... yummy in every detail!..

Caesar
10-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Dear D Akey, apart from the high production and oversized, esthetically-nice strains they use for the mass, I think that they also pick them when they're far from ripe and let them get so, or even articficially accelerate riping, along the distribution process.
Traditional fruit and strains and supermarket ones are actually different products so that they should also have now different brand names in my opinion, somethinh like cherries, from here, and pseudocherries, from whatever.
Intensive agriculture and cost competion was beneficial, in one way, but made many damages, in Europe too, especially here in Italy, where we had, and fortunately we still have to some extent, an uncomparable wealth of strains of anything (either vegetal or animal), different in any region and soil, which we developped over a couple of millennia of selections and natural techniques/ processes improvements.

Alexandra
10-24-2014, 03:47 AM
Cesare, D Akey, Steve, and Gary, thanks so much dear mates. D Akey-I am sure if you are a cherry connoisseur, you've tasted Rainier cherries from Washington? If not, look out. To me they are the very best imho. I would love to move to Washington just for the apples and cherries. Hey Albert, if you are out there, I'm still waiting for my apples. Thanks again guys, I appreciate your comments!