PDA

View Full Version : through green pastures shall they walk

Rondo
08-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Was testing some brushes and some tools......this is the result;) hope you like it.

pai
08-06-2014, 10:05 AM
so beautiful, soft and little bit dreamy too. a cozy place i would love to walk in that path. great depth too. love it :)

Tonyjazz
08-06-2014, 12:30 PM
I like this effect a lot.....

D Akey
08-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Really cool use of repeat pattern giving it a voice. Nice sound, Rondo!

Marilyn Anne
08-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Very inviting and peaceful!

Caesar
08-06-2014, 07:20 PM
This reminds me of the shepherds of my birth region in the old good past times who moved from the mountain pastures down to the South and close to the seaside. This long march was called transumanza and they travelled along ancient traced roads with grass called tratturo (tratturi plural).
A great poet of my town, Gabriele D'Annunzio, although mostly a decadent and aesthetic poet, composed a poetry on their departure from the mountains at September (before cold and snowfalls started) saying:

Settembre andiamo. E' tempo di migrare.
Ora in terra d'Abruzzi i miei pastori
lascian gli stazzi e vanno verso il mare
scendono all'Adriatico selvaggio
che Ť verde come i pascoli dei monti. ....

TRANSLATION

September, letís go. Itís time to migrate.
Now in the land of Abruzzi my shepherds
leave the folds and go towards the sea:
they go down to the wild Adriatic
that is green like mountain pastures.....

I would add also a couple of my imaginary landscapes thereabout of many years ago, in Artrage too.

RedSaucers
08-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Definitely a dreamy, calm, slightly damp landscape. Lovely painting.

pai
08-06-2014, 08:02 PM
oh, Caesar, I love your last painting. Beautiful :D

Caesar
08-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Dear Pai, this means it's getting close to be a Pai's masterpiece then? :eek:;) It would flatter me! :o Thank You!
By the way, the first painting (that above) got jealous to read that a nice girl like You is in love with its brother below! :o;)LOL

pai
08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
OH my oh my, Caesar, these days without you, I couldn't loud out LOUD ! :P :P :D:cool::p

Dear Pai, this means it's getting close to be a Pai's masterpiece then? :eek:;) It would flatter me! :o Thank You!
By the way, the first painting (that above) got jealous to read that a nice girl like You is in love with its brother below! :o;)LOL

Rondo
08-07-2014, 12:05 AM
thank you lovely people for the nice comments;)Caesar love the paintings you did also;) thx for sharing.

eighty+
08-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Hi Rondo Is that what there telling them in Gaza

Rondo
08-07-2014, 01:03 AM
Dear Eighty+,rather give no comment on that as i find you can't mix beauty with ugliness and any comment on that is a waste of space!