PDA

View Full Version : Still life of leaves

Gms9810
08-05-2014, 04:09 AM
I thought a nice artsy title would be nice for a change. Anyway, I saw a little bunch of leaves at the park and decided to draw them with real media. I can sit and draw for hours. Naturally I had to do an AR version too.

pat1940
08-05-2014, 06:29 AM
GMS what fantastic beautiful leaves, love the colors you used, that walk in the park was well worth it, great work

Gms9810
08-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Thanks. There were some holes and decayed places on the original but I didn't like them so, as Bob Ross used to say, it was my happy world so I left them out.

hildee
08-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Lovely, gms! I like that crisp foreground leaf - feel I could crush it in my hand.

Marilyn Anne
08-05-2014, 12:46 PM
They really stand out. It is amazing how much inspiration inspires good work.

pai
08-05-2014, 08:51 PM
love the texture, details, shading you did on this. very nice work. go ! go ! go ! :)

Caesar
08-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Good idea and excellent execution!

D Akey
08-06-2014, 06:17 AM
Nice stuff! Has an interesting form, as if hand made version of the natural that would be a great centerpiece for a party of something similar. Very pleasant.

Stephen Lo Piano
08-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Like the appearance of this image.

Have a question, were the actually leaves used as a reference green or this yellow accentuated autumn feel with a green summer color for a leaf background?
The way you have a yellow colored leaf image with a green background creates a flow as if what faded into the background was the color of the leaf in the past and has moved to the background as the leaf has faded from the green color to yellow in its' autumn decaying evolution.

Tonyjazz
08-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Beautiful lighting and palette. I would have loved to see Bob Ross use Artrage to paint something.......

Gms9810
08-06-2014, 03:48 PM
I often wonder if He would have even tried it. I've found that a lot of artists that I've listened to or spoke with don't consider digital art as a real medium and look down on it. I hope that attitude will change eventually. Personally, I've started to think that digital is a medium in itself, like oils, water colors, pencils etc.

D Akey
08-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Gotta love winding people up don't ya know. Listening to it is like listening to someone talk about their home town team vs the visiting team. Just part of the game. And in the end you go down the pub and have some drinks together. . . and get into a bar fight. . . and when you're all in jail, you can use a shank to carve pics and messages into the wall. . . And that's why they put their truck into non-digital. These clowns are probably more familiar with a shank than a computer. And they're just playing to their strengths.