PDA

View Full Version : 4-Square

gxhpainter2
07-27-2014, 05:14 AM
another exploration into a direction I tried with Tilt and Shift. taking a painterly abstract and apply transformations and blending layers to build it into a more geometric pattern.. I hope you enjoy this exploration..AndreaMG any chance you might find a source image? No pressure but it would be fun to see if you can.. and Steve you are welcome to let your imagination flow freely with this. It does have lots of details so look different in a separate window enlarged..

AndreaMG
07-27-2014, 06:19 AM
AndreaMG any chance you might find a source image? No pressure but it would be fun to see if you can..

Ok, I will see what I can do, let me spleep over it and tomorrow I will come with something for sure :cool: Have a nice day Dear Gary :o

stevemawmv
07-27-2014, 06:36 AM
Hi Gary....Multiple images of the Louvre Pyramid reflecting off the Barclays Headquarters building in Paris, they're not near one another...so its neat trick Gary!
love the pattern.....Granny would have stitched a quilt from it!
Take care friend,
Steve

pat1940
07-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Gary, beautiful colors, like looking through many windows of shapes and colors, really like this one Gary

AndreaMG
07-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Well well Dear Gary, while sleeping I had a vision and I felt kinda stupid not coming up with it sooner :o, it is undoubtedly a masterful depiction of the sky seen by a sailor man through a ship hatch (and shrouds too :o), but that's no ordinary sky and that's not an ordinary ship Dear Gary: the sky you so cleverly painted is the one you find only at certain latitudes where night and day cohabit (hence the deep blue which represents the night while the yellow the sun). Those blocky shapes in the background are a genius touch, I give you that, since you're an abstract painter you did't use an ordinary ship as reference but a pirate lego ship (too bad I found out even this little secret of yours :cool:). Till the next challenge I guess :cool:. Regards

Belvrog
07-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Hahahahaha, great to see you both still playing your game.:o:):):):):):):):) Has a wonderful textured look in full size! Great! ( not the lego ship :p)

D Akey
07-28-2014, 03:48 AM
Love it. Really good stuff.

gxhpainter2
07-28-2014, 04:27 AM
Hi Gary....Multiple images of the Louvre Pyramid reflecting off the Barclays Headquarters building in Paris, they're not near one another...so its neat trick Gary!
love the pattern.....Granny would have stitched a quilt from it!
Take care friend,
Steve thanks Steve , your Granny must have loved abstract quilting as well...:rolleyes::cool::):)

gxhpainter2
07-28-2014, 04:34 AM
Well well Dear Gary, while sleeping I had a vision and I felt kinda stupid not coming up with it sooner :o, it is undoubtedly a masterful depiction of the sky seen by a sailor man through a ship hatch (and shrouds too :o), but that's no ordinary sky and that's not an ordinary ship Dear Gary: the sky you so cleverly painted is the one you find only at certain latitudes where night and day cohabit (hence the deep blue which represents the night while the yellow the sun). Those blocky shapes in the background are a genius touch, I give you that, since you're an abstract painter you did't use an ordinary ship as reference but a pirate lego ship (too bad I found out even this little secret of yours :cool:). Till the next challenge I guess :cool:. Regards

82154 AH HA! you found me out ! you must have surveillance on me!! :eek: , I was aboard the very ship and made this sketch as we sailed the mid 40's, not much wind but the sea and skies were beautiful shades of blue..:cool::cool:

Hahahahaha, great to see you both still playing your game.:o:):):):):):):):) Has a wonderful textured look in full size! Great! ( not the lego ship :p) I know AndreaMG is quite clever and witty with his source images... it is real fun for me and I hope others on the forum..:):)

Love it. Really good stuff. thanks DAkey glad you like the experimental bent. I decided that it is Transformational art. that is taking a painting/image and transforming into its own existence much like origami transforms a sheet of paper.. :):):)

Caesar
07-28-2014, 08:23 PM
It's captivating in any sense. A pleasure of geometry and colors as well as a cage, a jail window, to keep You in with its attractiveness and solid rods and bars.

gxhpainter2
07-29-2014, 02:55 AM
It's captivating in any sense. A pleasure of geometry and colors as well as a cage, a jail window, to keep You in with its attractiveness and solid rods and bars. Interesting analogy Caesar, that of a cage, a jail window.... I guess I would not mind if they served delicious Italian cuisine and allow visits...:rolleyes:

kenmo
07-29-2014, 04:32 AM
What a joyful abstract this is....:):):):):):):)

gxhpainter2
07-29-2014, 04:54 AM
What a joyful abstract this is....:):):):):):):) Why thanks kenmo, I appreciate your comment :):):cool::cool:

damasocl
07-29-2014, 10:33 AM
La verdad: este trabajo me ha dejado impresionado, ... no solamente por el trabajo de las transparencias, sino por el tono de color, además de "estar" entre lo abstracto y lo realista.
Felicitaciones.

The truth: This work has impressed me ... not only for the work of the transparencies, but the tone of color, in addition to "be" between abstract and realistic.
Congratulations.

Alexandra
07-29-2014, 11:59 PM
A spectrum of beautiful colors. It reminds me of artistic quilting Gary, again beautiful!

gxhpainter2
07-30-2014, 04:45 AM
La verdad: este trabajo me ha dejado impresionado, ... no solamente por el trabajo de las transparencias, sino por el tono de color, además de "estar" entre lo abstracto y lo realista.
Felicitaciones.

The truth: This work has impressed me ... not only for the work of the transparencies, but the tone of color, in addition to "be" between abstract and realistic.
Congratulations. thanks so much damasocl, I am quite pleased you commented on this one. :)

A spectrum of beautiful colors. It reminds me of artistic quilting Gary, again beautiful! thanks Alexandra, it would make a fantastic quilt.. I have seen what some are doing with artistic quilting and it is amazing..

Marilyn Anne
07-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Very modern building with lots of activity going on.

D Akey
08-05-2014, 04:03 AM
Just went to Disneyland to watch fireworks (yay!), which was cool since I missed them on the 4th of July. Sort of a make up class.

Outside the actual theme park that you pay to get in, they have a series of Disney-ish stores that people can mill around in. And there, they have a store that celebrates Lego bricks. And outside, they have lots of cartoon characters constructed in 3D in a large scale. Was awesome seeing a dragon, spanning the facade of the building sitting atop, and entirely made of Lego bricks. It may or not have been fiber-formed to appear like it was actually of bricks or it could have been a copy. But no matter. It looked great. And not until you got close enough could you even tell it was made of those silly little children's plastic blocks. They may have been over-sized slightly than what kids play with, otherwise the effect would be lost that they were made of these snap-together bits, letting the imagination run with possibilities.

Anyway, I'm thinking that this tongue-in-cheek pirate ship, or whatever sailing vessel it is, may hold an interesting concept or approach. But who knows. Musing aloud from having seen this and thinking, well, what if it actually does hold a cool and different idea for approaching a painting. For what it's worth. . .

SCP
08-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Great painting Gary ,heaps of details and nice overlays.Once again enjoy AndreaMG's source images lol :D