PDA

View Full Version : Weltmeister endlich!

Caesar
07-16-2014, 03:59 AM
Ich malte ein Porträt.A tribute to Germany and to one of their warmest supporters ... :o;)LOL.
I guess You recognise him: Herr AchtzigPlus der Alten! Da ist sehr schön!:D:D:D

gxhpainter2
07-16-2014, 04:15 AM
Caesar, a wonderful tribute painting.... AT will definitely be pleased... excellent job.. I was not a soccer fan ( more of a golf fan ) before this year but watched a few games, the rules still confuse me but the talent shown is amazing, really enjoyed the final game I was rooting for Germany since they had not won in such a long time, but a closely fought and rough game!..:):)

Caesar
07-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Thank You, dear Gary. This time I tried to go thick with paint as far as possible. The stile is more impressionistic on the figure and flat on the background flag. Not sure f this choice but it was made to separate the two ranges.
Soccer is simple enough, democratic enough, easy enough and doesn't require a peculiar body features and build to become a good player or a superstar, tactics, strategy, technique, psychology, fantasy, precision and anything else go in, that's why everywhere they like it and it's the most populare sport in the world. Rules are not so difficult once You learn them (not all the cases referees have to consider, just the basic foundation), moreover they changed only marginally in a century and half.
80+ was reasonably proud of this on his thread (where i dropped a copy too).

nascal
07-16-2014, 07:43 PM
I love his beard :cool:

hcwswdj
07-17-2014, 02:25 AM
very nice job even if I don't he is ? but the panit color fresh,brushwork free,paper texture is cool!!!

Alexandra
07-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Wonderful portrait of dear Eighty, Cesare!

Bob Row
07-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Impressive piece, Caesar. I looks very spontaneous and full of life.

Caesar
07-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Yeah, the most venerable one after Leonardo da Vinci I think ...LOL;):o Thank You, dear Nascal!

Dear Hcwswdj, he's our bashful veteran Eighty+ of course during his artistic labour and after Germany eventually won the Cup ...LOL:o;) Thank You!

Thank You, dear Sandra! Due to his fame and popularity he's got a whole gallery of different portraits and caricature now, by me too quite a number ...:eek::)

Even too much speedy and spontaneous, dear Bob. Thank You! I'm sorry for the German flag which may be a painful sight over there. I know that people is excessively susceptible thereabout over there with some overreactions where the referee decisions and even a few Germans players dance became a sort of an affront to the country issue .... But You must understand, Germans got very frustrated many times in their founded expectations to win and they recently had serious unexpected stops, at home in 2006 and on the last European Championship both by our team against which the statistics say, since Mexico 1970 for sure, that Germany lose any official match with us as opponents in the final rounds.
Anyway I supported Argentina in final, since they're half Italian in their roots after all, even if they tend to forget, and I was slightly disappointed to share the four stars status with Germany now. This championship wasn't particularly impressive, so a real opportunity for anyone to win. Just a pity Italian team was so divided and de-concentrated, without the firm determination sometimes they build as a team. We should never win at start, because we then take everything too easy and try to control and spare forces.

jibes
07-18-2014, 04:14 AM
Excellent work Caesar!

Nika
07-18-2014, 08:22 AM
I don't know anything about the person but I like the image very much :)

Chinchi
07-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Deutchland, Deutchland über alles.
Ach so schön ;)

Nice.
No clue who this person is, but I do like it a lot :)
Has a very German feel to it. Not just because of the language and the flag. It's the way it's set up.

pat1940
07-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Caesar, what fantastic work on this, you accomplished what you wanted to do, the thick paint and the style is wonderful, great job

Caesar
07-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Thank You, dear Jibes! Glad to see You around!

Dear Nika, the person is a unique character of this Forum, the oldest, the most creative, and an absoluely humorous and funny mate, Mr. Eighty+!, the last anti-Pope!LOL:o;)
He's a British who has sort of a double nationality (English and Scottish, don't know if he's got some drop of Welsh or Irish blood too :rolleyes:).
As for the painting meaning, well, he started supporting England to the Soccer World Championship, then Holland and ended up supporting Germany for the final match they eventually won (You know, after all British still have an open issue with the Argentinians about the Malvinas or Falkland islands :o;LOL). Thank You!

Thank You, dear Chinchi. For an Italian like me being able to set up a very German painting means that I'm one of the few true European left in this age of fierce national interests struggling under a more and more ragged European blanket.
But that's not so strange after all. Maybe Deutchland über alles, but Italia first of all and for all(and from ancient times also Hellas we were part of too in the South of our country, see Archimedes and Pythagoras living places), whenever our common European and Western civilization and culture is concerned. Moreover Germany had many historic similarities and relationship with us (start of independent, rich towns rather than a central power, great artisans and craftmanship (we still share as an industrial, manufacturing talent), political divisions, commercial and cultural relationship) Even Germany different northern language was structured reflecting the logical order and precision of the most effective and synthetis ancient Latin language. The slight difference is that ancient Romans were unflexible enforcing rules (with consideration of real local situations though) and not rigid; ethimologically and pragmatically what made the political difference between a universal leader and an undigested conqueror. ;) Germany is fortunately evolving though, so I hope we will timely set up Europe as a whole again.

Thank You, dear Pat! I'm really sorry for what happened to Your hubby, poor man. I pray that he will recover soon and that, apart from the pain, no serious harm was produced by that accident You told us. I'm very glad You're taking off again towards a good health altitude. Take care!

Chinchi
07-19-2014, 04:44 AM
Oh, I don't know about the Europe as a whole. There's a lot of things about EU that bugs me... Mostly animal related stuff, but also problems with uniting the difference in pay and the like.

D Akey
07-19-2014, 06:50 AM
Hahahaha. Brilliant! I love all the great colors you put in, and of course Germany won. But I think Mr Ploos won this one between you and Steve's painting of his fizzog. . . or face or whatever they call it in the various streets of London.

Very good painting and a great opportunity to commemorate his victory finally choosing the winning team before it was all over for FIFA 2014. :rolleyes::o;):p:eek::confused::):):):):)

Caesar
07-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Dear Chinchi, don't worry. Maybe we old guys used to study story from very ancient times up to now and with a focus on Europe and the main countries in particular. It would still be useful though to draw our integrated future and better understand what politically happens around us.

Thank You, dear DAkey. He eventually got a 50% probability and won the bet? The aim of my experiment was clearly a tribute to such an incredible artist, character and friend.

Chinchi
07-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Haha - how old are you? :P
Guessing you'r not much older than my hubby :) Or my parents for that matter ;)

Caesar
07-20-2014, 04:59 AM
I'm 55 only, but what's the worst in a country of about 3 millennia of civilization history (i.e. with stone building, writings, paitings, statues, coins and all the rest starting from that date). I should be in a Museum of ancient art too, I guess ...LOL:o;)

SCP
07-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Bravo Caesar a wonderful painting for a man in his prime !:cool:;)

Tonyjazz
07-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Wunderbar...........well done.

Chinchi
07-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Okay, so a bit older than my first thought ;)
Some where in between the hubby and the parents ;)

AndreaMG
07-21-2014, 02:33 AM
Haha, I like it Jawohl :o. Auf Wiedersehen :cool:

Caesar
07-21-2014, 08:52 PM
I hope he's not going to scare Your monsters and cause them nightmares with his fierce look, dear Scott! :o;) Thank You!

Danke schoen, dear Tonyjazz! Practically a bambino rather than a bamboo ...:o

I'm a real antique then, hopefully not a wreck of ol'good times as yet, dear Chinchi ...LOL;):o Thanks.

Ja, danke! Und wie geht's denn, meister AndreaVonMG? Waiting for your next glamorous challenge ...