PDA

View Full Version : Soft Beginnings

gxhpainter2
07-14-2014, 05:23 AM
another work using some pastel colors with more pure hues... to evoke a misty landscape emerging... hope you enjoy this one.

stevemawmv
07-14-2014, 05:45 AM
Hi Gary....Reminds me of kite flying on 'Kite Hill' on a misty mourning.....I'am sure everyone has a place like this in they're memories of childhood.
Just something about the soft slight blurring effect of pastels.....
Love it Gary...
Steve

D Akey
07-14-2014, 12:12 PM
I enjoy! You're in a great phase presently.

SCP
07-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Beautiful painting Gary,love your harmony of color ,really well done .:):)

Caesar
07-15-2014, 01:26 AM
I love this! It so soft that it seems painted with a wad loaded with colored beauty powders ...

gxhpainter2
07-15-2014, 02:36 AM
Hi Gary....Reminds me of kite flying on 'Kite Hill' on a misty mourning.....I'am sure everyone has a place like this in they're memories of childhood.
Just something about the soft slight blurring effect of pastels.....
Love it Gary...
Steve thanks Steve, I see the kites flying here, in dream space

I enjoy! You're in a great phase presently. thanks DAkey, kinda of taking some effects from SCP's and others works and incorporating them

Beautiful painting Gary,love your harmony of color ,really well done .:):) thanks Scott, I was inspired by the colors and way you define form and highlights

I love this! It so soft that it seems painted with a wad loaded with colored beauty powders ... thanks Caesar yes this has a soft pastel dusted look that I kind of like right now and I am having a great time exploring it.

AndreaMG
07-15-2014, 07:09 AM
This one is beautiful, cotton candy landscape :cool:

Alexandra
07-17-2014, 05:44 AM
Such a beautiful dream, Gary, love it!:cool:

gxhpainter2
07-17-2014, 05:53 AM
This one is beautiful, cotton candy landscape :cool: thanks AndreaMG yep a little exploration into some softer colors.

Such a beautiful dream, Gary, love it!:cool: thanks Alexandra maybe one of your ladies of the season will stroll past any moment !.

Tonyjazz
07-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Your abstract has taken a turn towards impressionism on this one. Palette reminds me of Claude Monet paintings. Amazing how color affects mood perception....well done.

gxhpainter2
07-22-2014, 03:09 AM
Your abstract has taken a turn towards impressionism on this one. Palette reminds me of Claude Monet paintings. Amazing how color affects mood perception....well done. thanks Tony it does have a Monet palette for sure, had not made that association until you did but I can certainly see that... thanks for commenting..

byroncallas
11-26-2014, 06:22 PM
This is lovely.

Marilyn Anne
11-26-2014, 11:18 PM
The colors are impressionistic and yet modern and fun .

kenmo
11-28-2014, 01:46 AM
I am not only amazed at your talent but your imagination & choice of hues to come up with such incredible abstracts.....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

copespeak
11-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Almost speechless on this one Gary. Just beautiful. I'm putting it on my desktop to enjoy for a while.

gxhpainter2
12-06-2014, 08:43 AM
I am not only amazed at your talent but your imagination & choice of hues to come up with such incredible abstracts.....:cool::cool::cool::cool:wow thanks kenmo I really appreciate your comment. I was away down in Florida on the gulf coast for a wedding and just got back home to Oregon.. from 78 degrees and sunny to 24 degrees and freezing rain... ugh... but happy to be home.. I have a lot of catching up to do.:cool::cool::cool:

Almost speechless on this one Gary. Just beautiful. I'm putting it on my desktop to enjoy for a while. I am super pleased that you like this. one... I might have to explore a few more along this line...

Enug
12-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Some of my favourite colours here - very beautiful!

justjean
12-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Beautiful colours, Gary

Bobbi
12-07-2014, 02:54 AM
I love this painting. The colors are wonderful. Very nice work!